Edition 2 Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
you can remove the inner cap and fill it form your bottle and fill it faster then you could a regular cartomizer that has filler which needs time to soak up the juice.

the way they show you on the package is just one way to do it.

Price wise these are cheaper, regular sized e2 carto is 1 buck a pop and the XL is 1.35 a pop. just buy 2 packs of 30.

Last i checked at the major vendors it cost 8.50 to 10 bucks a pack plus shipping for the cartomizers with filler in them.

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
details about cost are in the thread mentioned recently

in fact, I'm feeling strange discussing these here in V4L now that they're not really V4L,
but yes, plenty of details there

(is the thread staying here, or is it going to be moved or something? thanks)

holy crap, i didnt even look up to see it was v4l, so sorry, i found this thread using search, i apoligize. thanks vjohn for mentioning that

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
OK...lets say syringe...

The point I was making is perception. We are trying to acquire public acceptance while our opponents are doing everything they can to paint e-cigs as hazardous, underground, and dirty. In short...they paint us as drug users. I have no doubt that in the next round of public hearings, the antis will fully prepared to show syringes to the representatives. I feel it was an unnecessary direction to take. Lets say CNN does a story about e-cigs one day and shows how cartos are refilled. I am sure that most people watching will come away connecting e-cigs to needles even if they are microtubes. Is it fair? No. Is it fact....yep.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
That's OK....that thread is over 100 pages if it is the one I am thinking of. Thought maybe you knew them off-hand....
I only know one U.S reseller site as of last week, but I guess you can always add your question to the current page if you really need the answer.

Ok, well happy vaping.

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
But to get back to my original question. Did we really need this redesign?
I believe we need a new design because many people have burned the filler in the original design. It makes no difference how or why the filler burned, these cartos have earned a bad name for themselves for this reason. The new cartos do not have a filler to burn and the wick does not burn, so in my opinion they are a step in the right direction.

I have been using a recent version of these newer cartomizers for a few days and can honestly say that I am not 100% satisfied with them. I expect newer versions will be improved, but even if they are not, I will continue to use this type rather than go back to the older ones. I believe they will last longer than the older versions and I seriously doubt that I will ever need to "buy hundreds of cartos in 6 months" to keep me and my wife supplied. So I believe longer life is also a good reason for a redesign, regardless of who comes up with one.

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I am not entirely convinced we really need these things. And I am also not entirely convinced this isn't just a case of manufacturers wanting to sell more products and everyone wanting the "latest and greatest".

But....if there is a need, I hope these cartos fill it...and i certainly would not want the current cartos to go out of production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread