Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7V LiMn Battery Nipple Tops for Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Looking to save a few bucks on some spares for my new mini.

Some people have posted that they don't last as long as AW 350's, others have no problem.

Looking for some advice on the matter since a lot of other threads I've read refer to other sizes and other mods. I'd like info specifically for these batteries for use with the mini.

I personally don't mind if they don't last as long because I'm not relying on only one battery, as long as it isn't drastic.

My concerns are about size and fit, battery reliability/quality and personal experience with these specific batteries.

Constructive criticism would be appreciated so I can weigh the pros/cons BEFORE I purchase.

TIA!

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Provape expressively recommends only using AW brand, IMR button-top batteries. Using other batteries can void the warranty. The website says the Provari was specifically designed around these batteries.

I know some people use other batteries, but that is their risk to take.

Using a non AW brand doesn't void the warranty, they only specify a high drain battery. Here is a quote from the ProVari owners manual...

"Batteries:
We recommend you useIMR high drain 18500 batteries or IMR high drain 18650 batteries with the optional 18650 adapter. This will give you the full range of voltagesand the proper power needed to use the devic.e
Note: The ProVari operates on a single battery. Never stack two batteries or use batteries that are not recommended for use in the ProVari. Never use magnets on your batteries, this is very dangerous."

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Actually, we were both wrong. On the Provape website they do recommend only using AW:

"We recommend only using AW IMR high drain batteries in your ProVari."

Using magnets will void the warranty:

"You must use batteries that have a positive button on the top. Flat top batteries will not work. Installing magnet(s) on top of your battery is very dangrous and will void the warranty."

ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

Last edited:

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Actually, we were both wrong. On the Provape website they do recommend only using AW:

"We recommend only using AW IMR high drain batteries in your ProVari."

Using magnets will void the warranty:

"You must use batteries that have a positive button on the top. Flat top batteries will not work. Installing magnet(s) on top of your battery is very dangrous and will void the warranty."

ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!

So with that clarification...who actually uses the Efest18350's with their mini and what is your personal experience with them?

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
So with that clarification...who actually uses the Efest18350's with their mini and what is your personal experience with them?
Efest IMRs work fine and the same in any mod that accepts AW IMRs. ProVari only accepts button/nipple top batteries. I use Efest primarily in all of my mods.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recently purchased a Smoktech Gripper (mechanical mod) that uses 18350 IMR batteries, and since the only 18350 battery the vendor offered was Efest, I purchased two. Within a month one of them died (would not charge). The AW 18350 IMR batteries that I purchased several months ago for an Ovale V8 are still working fine. You asked for personal experience with Efests, that is mine.

I only purchase and use AW IMR batteries in all of my mods. I get them all at http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store.

AW has been around a long time and has built up a well-deserved reputation. I believe high quality batteries are extremely important and I never skimp on them or battery chargers.

I got a Pila charger and four AW IMR batteries a year ago when I purchased my first mod. All are still working great. Just my :2c:

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
My efest 18350 button top batteries will power my provari mini 2.5 enough to go through the menus and such but will not fire any atomizer that is on nor will it show a current charge on the battery
My efest IMR 18350 button tops work flawlessly in my Provari mini 2.5, but who knows how long they'll last because I've only cycled them a few times..

Last edited:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Looking to save a few bucks on some spares for my new mini.

Some people have posted that they don't last as long as AW 350's, others have no problem.

Looking for some advice on the matter since a lot of other threads I've read refer to other sizes and other mods. I'd like info specifically for these batteries for use with the mini.

I personally don't mind if they don't last as long because I'm not relying on only one battery, as long as it isn't drastic.

My concerns are about size and fit, battery reliability/quality and personal experience with these specific batteries.

Constructive criticism would be appreciated so I can weigh the pros/cons BEFORE I purchase.

TIA!

All the eFests I've bought(all button tops, 18350s 490s and 650s) have worked flawlessly in my ProVaris and everything else I've put them in. I do have a couple AWs, and for comparison, I find that they are about equal in battery life and performance

With that said, I had all of them before getting my first Mini, and I was not about to buy a bunch of new AWbatts just to satisfy ProVape's "reccomendation".

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
My efest 18350 button top batteries will power my provari mini 2.5 enough to go through the menus and such but will not fire any atomizer that is on nor will it show a current charge on the battery

They are either not the proper high drain IMR batteries, or they are bad batteries.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
How much are you going to Save?

I'm mean, you are going to put these into a $200 Mod. Right?

I don't get it. eFests have generally been determined to be a very good battery.

In the ProVari manual, it recommends a single 3.7v IMR High Drain battery
On ProVape's site, where they just so happen to be selling AWs, it recommends Aw IMRs.

I'll trust the information I get from the source that isn't trying to upsell you on batteries.

All it takes is a little understanding of the concept of "upselling" to figure out what's going on there......If I'm selling Hondas, and a customer buys a Civic and wants remote-start installed, I'm gonna try like heck to sell her Honda's $400 remote-start rather than let her go down the street and have an independent installer sell her essentially the same quality remote-start for $250.

Accessories are where businesses really cash in on customers. I'm not sure why we would hold ProVape in higher regard than every other for-profit business in America.

Now, it makes sense to me that many will see the benefit to paying a 25-35% premium for what they believe are better batteries. However, lets not confuse the issue here. The ProVari manual reccomends 3.7v High Drain IMR batteries. So whether you are using AW. eFest, EH, or any other 3.7v High Drain IMR battery, you ARE using the reccomended batteries.

Also, it's total BS that people around here are saying that using batteries other than AW could void the warranty.that is just bad information. Stacking, or using batteries other than 3.7v High Drain IMR batteries could void your warranty.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't get it. eFests have generally been determined to be a very good battery.

Seemed like a Straight Forward Question.

I asked the OP how much he was going to save by Not Buying an AW 18350 IMR?

I usually buy batteries here...

Super T ~ Batteries

Looks like a AW 18350 IMR cost about 8 Bucks.

To me, Not Being a Battery Expert, 8 Bucks doesn't sound that bad. Especially when I haven't heard of very many people having a Problem using an AW ____ IMR. And I have had Zero Problems with the AW 18350 IMR, AW 18490 IMR and AW 18650 AW I use.

But I have heard of people having some, Not a Lot, but some Problems using eFest Batteries. There is a Post in this Thread about someone having an Issue.

So for Me, it gets down to, do I try to buy a Battery for Less than 8 Bucks to put into my $200 Mod? For Me, No. I just buy the AW 18350 IMR's

Now if someone else wants to Save Money, Nothing Wrong with That. I like to save Money on Some Things also.

BTW - How much does an eFest 18350 IMR Cost?

Last edited:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Seemed like a Straight Forward Question.

I asked the OP how much he was going to save by Not Buying an AW 18350 IMR?

I usually buy batteries here...

Super T ~ Batteries

Looks like a AW 18350 IMR cost about 8 Bucks.

To me, Not Being a Battery Expert, 8 Bucks doesn't sound that bad. Especially when I haven't heard of very many people having a Problem using an AW ____ IMR. And I have had Zero Problems with the AW 18350 IMR, AW 18490 IMR and AW 18650 AW I use.

But I have heard of people having some, Not a Lot, but some Problems using eFest Batteries. There is a Post in this Thread about someone having an Issue.

So for Me, it gets down to, do I try to buy a Battery for Less than 8 Bucks to put into my $200 Mod? For Me, No. I just buy the AW 18350 IMR's

Now if someone else wants to Save Money, Nothing Wrong with That. I like to save Money on Some Things also.

BTW - How much does an eFest 18350 IMR Cost?

Not directed only at you. you just happened to be the last one to question looking to save a few bucks and still get a good battery. And I'm not questioning the logic involved in spending a little more on the AWs. I see people who drive around $25,000 cars and yet buy $250 no-name tires or brakes vs $500 brand name ones. Nothi g wrong with it, and a lot of them last nearly as long as the more expensive ones

Paying more $$$ for something doesn't mean it's higher quality than the less expensive one.

Personally, I've had zero problems with my eFests. And because of that, I'll keep using them along with other batteries until I do.

I've seen 2 packs of eFest 800mah 18350s for as low as $11, but generally they are selling for $6.

My poi t would be that why would anyone spend even $2 more for a battery that is considered to be no better than the less expensive one.

Also, this : AW IMR 2000mAh v Efest IMR 2000mAh v Panasonic CGR18650CH | BudgetLightForum.com

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not claiming to be a battery expert, but I choose to believe what Provape has to say about the batteries they recommend. Provape sells other items on their website and are not so outspokenly specific about those items as they are about the batteries that they recommend for use in the Provari. Therefore, I don't believe they only recommend AW brand just because that is the brand being offered on their website and hoping to make a few more bucks. If that were so, they would recommend only using a particular brand of cartomizer or atomizer, which is not so -- they sell both Boge and Smoktech.

More than likely, any button top IMR battery will work fine in a Provari. People will purchase whichever brand they want for whatever reason. The AW brand has been working for me for over a year. I still have some that are a year old and that are still in my battery rotation, as good as my newer ones. I have absolutely no reason to switch brands.

From the Provape website:

"We recommend only using AW IMR high drain batteries in your ProVari. You must use batteries that have a positive button on the top. Flat top batteries will not work.

Batteries - We only recommend using approved 18490 and 18650 batteries in the ProVari. All of the batteries that we sell on our website have been tested to work with the ProVari and these are the only cells you should use. There is a big difference between all the different batteries on the market and a lot of testing has been done on these various batteries. The reason we recommend using high drain cells is because these cells can output more current providing the ProVari with the power it needs to operate properly. There are a number of batteries that will cause issues including the Trustfire, Ultrafire and other brands. These batteries cannot handle higher current output and the battery will turn off while in use or cause a low battery alert much sooner than it should because the batteries have a high internal resistance. Please make sure you get the proper batteries to use in the ProVari to avoid problems.

The AW IMR type cells that we carry use the manganese chemistry and are the safest of the lithium chemistry types.

The higher capacity cells use the cobalt chemistry with the electronic protection circuit.

The ultimate in safety is to have multiple redundant safety layers whereby if one layer of safety fails the other layer prevents an unsafe condition. This is what we strive for at ProVape, even if it means more internal components with its associated higher cost.

Asia produces many non-brand replacement batteries that are popular with users because of low price. Many of these batteries don't provide the same high safety standard as the main brand equivalent. A wise shopper spends a little more and buys a higher quality battery with its higher level of safety.

It is NOT recommended you use an unidentified lithium-ion battery from an Asian source.

As a consumer, you are in a position to select the highest quality and safest equipment. With each purchase, ask yourself,”Are a few pennies or dollars saved worth the safety risk?” Ultimately, your personal safety is in your hands with the equipment you buy.
"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread