Efest IMR 18350 800mAh 3.7V LiMn Battery Nipple Tops for Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Paying more $$$ for something doesn't mean it's higher quality than the less expensive one.

This Really Isn't what I'm looking for by buying AW _____ IMR's. Although if I can get it for a Few Dollars more that Isn't a Bad Thing.

The Big Thing is that AW ____ IMR's seem to Fit Anything I put them in.

I've got a Half Dozen or so other batteries and they All Have some Little Quirk. Like being just a Tad Too Long. Or needing a Magnet to work in my Charger/Chargers or Mods.

If saving 2 Dollars is Important on batteries for a mod, then by all means, Go for It.

But I came from spending $175 a Month. Every Month, Smoking Analogs. So spending a Couple of Bucks more and Buying a AW ____ IMR that Fits Everything I have Perfectly doesn't seem like an Colossal Expense.

But to Each Their Own.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
OK, trying to change the subject lol...

How do you identify "high drain"? I have yet to see these words in a battery description. So for the 18490/18500's, if it is 3.7 v 1100 mah, which is the same as on provape, are they high drain?

I'm not sure if there is a Standardized Meaning for "High Drain"?

But what you can do is Compare the "C" rating for different Batteries as compared with a "High Drain" Battery.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
OK, trying to change the subject lol...

How do you identify "high drain"? I have yet to see these words in a battery description. So for the 18490/18500's, if it is 3.7 v 1100 mah, which is the same as on provape, are they high drain?
Protected Batteries

Li Ion batteries can be found either in a protected form or unprotected. Only the protected version should be used in an APV. The chemistry used in these batteries is volatile (prone to over-heat when stressed) and require protective circuitry for our use. These have historically been used in unregulated or mechanical mods. These batteries will have an "IC" or "NCR" on the battery label.

IMR or High Drain or Safe Chemistry Batteries

Alternatively, Li Mn batteries can also be used in an APV. These use a different battery chemistry than the Li Ion type. Since their chemistry is not as volatile they do not require protection, so are also called "safer chemistry" batteries. Their design allows higher amp draws, hense their other name being "high drain" batteries. These are typically used in regulated APV's that use V-V & V-W. These will have an "IMR" on the battery label.
_____

Look at the battery labels on the RTD Vapor product description page to see how the different battery classes look and are labeled:
Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

Some required reading as far as I am concerned:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/129007-warning-rechargeable-batteries-apvs.html

Last edited:

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I bought batteries at a local B&M for my Mini and they turned out to be Efest (IMR 18350). Look to be just a hair to long, cap doesn't screw down totally like with the AW that came with it. Plan to get a couple more AW since it's just a personal thing that "bothers" me.

Performance wise, no difference I can tell. The Efest are 800mah and the AW is 700mah so yes, I do notice the Efests lasting longer but that's it.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I bought batteries at a local B&M for my Mini and they turned out to be Efest (IMR 18350). Look to be just a hair to long, cap doesn't screw down totally like with the AW that came with it. Plan to get a couple more AW since it's just a personal thing that "bothers" me.

Performance wise, no difference I can tell. The Efest are 800mah and the AW is 700mah so yes, I do notice the Efests lasting longer but that's it.

They turned out to be eFest? Like, as in they weren't clearly labeled with the proper stickers and/or wrapping? That combined with them not fitting strikes me as suspect and that you may not have gotten the batteries you were told they are.

I've got a bunch of eFests and AWs, 18350s, 18490/500s, and 18650s. All fit my ProVari(s) just fine. There have been known to be plenty of counterfeit batteries on the market (including counterfeit eFests). ID do some research on those batteries to make sure they are genuine approved batteries before using them again in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread