Ego-C Twist and Ego-C "Upgrade"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
Best thing Joyetech has made yet! LOVE IT!!! Now they just need to invent smaller batteries to make it shorter. :)

BTW, vaping at 4.8v will cause leaks in an ego-c because it heats up the tank and that makes it more fluid when you chain vape, just like Oneida said. I usually vape 3.8v-4.2v with the ego-c myself, depending on the flavor.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
We all know, size matters... in batteries.

Best thing Joyetech has made yet! LOVE IT!!! Now they just need to invent smaller batteries to make it shorter. :)

BTW, vaping at 4.8v will cause leaks in an ego-c because it heats up the tank and that makes it more fluid when you chain vape, just like Oneida said. I usually vape 3.8v-4.2v with the ego-c myself, depending on the flavor.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I tested it out when I first got it and decided I just wasn't much of an hv vaper, but the past few days I have been using it with Peach at about 4V and really liking it.

Absolutely love the Twist, have 3 of the 650s now and all of my other eGo batteries have been relegated to backup status.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Do you mean the Amber when in hv mode color change?

I mean the Twist not having color change to warn you the battery is low. If it had that it would be perfect.
With the Upgrade you can always change out of full voltage to check the battery level.

The tobacco flavors I generally use the Twist with do fine with the Upgrade in amber so it's not a big deal when it dies while having a beer, just annoying.

Island from Johnson Creek is what I really need the Twist with to fine tune the coconut down and pineapple up. It turns it from something I can't stand to something I like.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
I tested it out when I first got it and decided I just wasn't much of an hv vaper, but the past few days I have been using it with Peach at about 4V and really liking it.

Most of the time I tend to just set it a little warmer (3.6-3.8v) than the regular eGo batteries as I've noticed that my gums seem sensitive to heat and get inflamed if I vape for too long at higher voltages. However, I do really like being able to crank it up to 4.0-4.2v for a bit when cravings occasionally hit throughout the day as my gums develop a strange crawling sensation that drives me nuts when they don't have "enough" nicotine and the extra heat seems to really helps with that. I also sometimes switch to tobacco-flavored juices for a while when cravings hit hard and have found they work better with extra heat. It's funny, on a conscious level I don't particularly care for tobacco-flavored juices (indeed they often seem rather rank to me) but some other part of my brain apparently finds them very satisfying.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I always have an extra battery in my pocket! Just like having that extra pack....

I mean the Twist not having color change to warn you the battery is low. If it had that it would be perfect.
With the Upgrade you can always change out of full voltage to check the battery level.

The tobacco flavors I generally use the Twist with do fine with the Upgrade in amber so it's not a big deal when it dies while having a beer, just annoying.

Island from Johnson Creek is what I really need the Twist with to fine tune the coconut down and pineapple up. It turns it from something I can't stand to something I like.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I think that very need you speak of was what caused me to be using a higher voltage. I am back down to the standard and fine with it... funny funny addiction...

Most of the time I tend to just set it a little warmer (3.6-3.8v) than the regular eGo batteries as I've noticed that my gums seem sensitive to heat and get inflamed if I vape for too long at higher voltages. However, I do really like being able to crank it up to 4.0-4.2v for a bit when cravings occasionally hit throughout the day as my gums develop a strange crawling sensation that drives me nuts when they don't have "enough" nicotine and the extra heat seems to really helps with that. I also sometimes switch to tobacco-flavored juices for a while when cravings hit hard and have found they work better with extra heat. It's funny, on a conscious level I don't particularly care for tobacco-flavored juices (indeed they often seem rather rank to me) but some other part of my brain apparently finds them very satisfying.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I always have an extra battery in my pocket! Just like having that extra pack....

I'm still trying to hit the break even point. I was going to be there Thursday but I was needing attys, and figured may as well throw in a kit while I was at it. I should be well backed up with the basics for a while.
From now on it shouldn't be hard to get even. Even easier if I adjust my savings to reflect the new tax.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I had forgotten about that tax... what does a pack cost in the City now?

I'm still trying to hit the break even point. I was going to be there Thursday but I was needing attys, and figured may as well throw in a kit while I was at it. I should be well backed up with the basics for a while.
From now on it shouldn't be hard to get even. Even easier if I adjust my savings to reflect the new tax.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I had forgotten about that tax... what does a pack cost in the City now?

It's probably $4.80 for a pack (by the carton) for Pall Mall around Peoria now.

I almost had my roommate going to e-cigs and that spare kit because I was even would've been for him to try, but he stocked up with a 2 month supply.
He could blackmarket his stockpile and pay for his own kit with the profits :)

Edit, I just checked, $51 a carton for Pall Mall.

Last edited:

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
It's probably $4.80 for a pack (by the carton) for Pall Mall around Peoria now.

I almost had my roommate going to e-cigs and that spare kit because I was even would've been for him to try, but he stocked up with a 2 month supply.
He could blackmarket his stockpile and pay for his own kit with the profits :)

Edit, I just checked, $51 a carton for Pall Mall.

That is actually better than I thought.

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
nah, right now any smell makes her nauseous, because she's pregnant, she can't even light her candles anymore. thats why i bought the vapelogic box i showed dennis, so i had something to put the juice in that was closed

Howdy there, michael04!
We appreciate you getting a VapeStation. We never thought it would prevent pukin'...

If you don't want to puke, get yourself a VapeStation.:facepalm:
Hey! that's a good slogan!

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
I am 3 years removed from that... that is just plain startling...

I think I am saving more than my original calculation... :)

a pack last time i bought one, was about $10 in the city, and recently they said they were raising the tax another dollar. it's quite ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread