Ego-C Twist and Ego-C "Upgrade"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Holy Cow! I just ordered a Twist and 6 min later I got an email saying it has shipped! Now that's some seriously fast service! Thank you Vicki! You guys Rock!

Nothing against Cignot but I imagine that notice is when the electronic shipping label is run and it hasn't really been picked up by the shipper. It would waste of time if Vicky was driving to the post office with every order because the package would sit there until closing anyway. That time would be better spent drawing pictures on the invoices :)

But still, it sure beats Amazon where if you want them to get around to packaging before a week is up you have to pay extra.

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
Just ordered 2 1000 mah Twists :)

BTW: anyone know if the new eGo 2.5 mL Smoktech dual coil 1.5 ohm tank will work on this (or are the ohms too low)?
eGo 510 Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer, 2.5ml

I don't completely understand the dual coil ohm concept (I've just been using it on a regular eGo battery) & its good on that.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Pretty sure since it's a dual coil you add each resistance so it's a 3 ohm tank. I wouldn't see any problems arising. Just got two 1000 mah twists too :)

Not quite. :)

DC cartos consist of two 3.0Ω coils in parallel, which results in a 1.5Ω combined resistance (tested on my trusty multimeter.)

DCC drain batteries like an LR (1.5Ω) atty would, but only deliver the heat of a 3.0Ω coil, albeit with twice the vapor; imagine vaping two 3.0Ω cartomizers at the same time.

Last edited:

autiemom91

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Marysville, WA
Nothing against Cignot but I imagine that notice is when the electronic shipping label is run and it hasn't really been picked up by the shipper. It would waste of time if Vicky was driving to the post office with every order because the package would sit there until closing anyway. That time would be better spent drawing pictures on the invoices :)

But still, it sure beats Amazon where if you want them to get around to packaging before a week is up you have to pay extra.

Well it certainly was mailed on Friday. Received it today.. first class from IL to WA. Thanks for the speedy shipping!!

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
So Katya, are those Ego 2.5 ml 1.5 ohm Dual coils safe to use on the 1000 mah twist?

Thanks!
-----------------------

Not quite. :)

DC cartos consist of two 3.0Ω coils in parallel, which results in a 1.5Ω combined resistance (tested on my trusty multimeter.)

DCC drain batteries like an LR (1.5Ω) atty would, but only deliver the heat of a 3.0Ω coil, albeit with twice the vapor; imagine vaping two 3.0Ω cartomizers at the same time.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So Katya, are those Ego 2.5 ml 1.5 ohm Dual coils safe to use on the 1000 mah twist?

Thanks!
-----------------------

Yes, they are. Here's a nice post by Kent C describing his experience with EMDCC and eGo Twist. However, I wouldn't start at the top voltage... Go to 3.4v (where your regular eGo usually is) and take it from there.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/283919-ego-c-twist-vv-14.html#post6007484

[I prefer the single coil cartomizers and eGo-C atomizers with my eGo batteries.]

And here's a nice video review of the Twist by Cozzicon:

eGo-C Twist: Engineering Sample/Basic Volt Test - YouTube

Happy vaping!

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
Bring it into the store... Dennis will show you the ropes and please wear that hat... :)

i'm in the store 3 times a week, i don't think it can be fixed, it only happens when i have the twist set on 4.8, i think 4.2 is the max i can use, like with my Upgrade battery, and i don't get the problem. Dennis is in agreement, i think. or maybe he was just being nice to get me out of the store since i'm there too much.

at least i never leave without buying something LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread