Ego-C Twist with Kanger T3 Threading Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctoru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with the Ego C Twist/T3 combo. For some reason the T3 doesn't completely screw onto the Ego-C Twist battery. It leaves a tiny gap which results in a loss of vaccuum. However, when I attach the T3 to one of other 1000MAH Ego-T 510 batterys, it works great and there's plenty of suction. The Ego-C also connects well with my other 510 attys but for some reason the Ego-C and T3 do not pair well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to make it fit more snug?

Noctoru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
I've heard (read) a rumor that Joyetec has slightly changed the threading on their eGo-type batteries. This may be first showing up on there mods.

This would make sense because the T3 works perfectly with my other Ego batteries. I just received my Ego-C battery in the mail yesterday so i'm assuming it's part of their "new" modified design (if what you heard was true).

Anyone with newer Ego-Cs notice this with their new T3s?

Noctoru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
Here's a picture of the threading difference.

IMG_20130108_154102.jpg

JShrigley

ECF Veteran
I just got some t3's in the mail today and none of them will even thread onto my ego c twist. It looks to me that the threads inside the t3 is much more of a course thread than what I see on my ego. I am going to pick up a 510 to ego adapter and see if that works. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
This from Wayne at heaven gifts who is in constant contact with joye and kanger techs....

"I am also using twist battery+tabacc, it's working well and there is no problem like the thread says, I guess that customer is using a copy twist battery. Joye tech have two different eGo threadings, one 5 threads another 7, both can fit the Tabacc BCC. However, some Tabacc cartomziers center connector may not well contact the center connector of Joye series batteries, it's easy to resolve this problem, you just need to use a small screwdriver or a bamboo skewer to wiggle the center connector of Tabacc BCC out of its rubber seat a little bit, so that it would become higher, then it can well contact the battery connector. Joyetech don't have other eGo threadings, so it's not true that Joyetech has changed the eGo threading."

There's another thread on this issue and I'm guessing it's either a Twist copy or a center post problem with the T3's....

Kayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Northeast PA
I just got some t3's in the mail today and none of them will even thread onto my ego c twist. It looks to me that the threads inside the t3 is much more of a course thread than what I see on my ego. I am going to pick up a 510 to ego adapter and see if that works. Anyone else have a similar issue?

I've just noticed a difference in threading on my T3s!!!
T3threading.jpg

Felt like I was sucking in air with the T3 on the left when it was on my eGo Twist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread