Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
My question is, will an eGo charger work with the tornado batteries? I am assuming it will, but I just want a confirmation before I order one. I want to have a second charger as a backup, just in case, and want one that will be more of a rapid charger instead of the one the tornado comes with (6-8 hours). Any suggestions?

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
So the the charger that came with my 510 set will also work for a eGO battery? I thought you had to have an adapter to charge an eGO battery on a 510 battery charger?

I had a spare 510 charger and since I like to tinker I cut the casing at the front of the charger back to the circuit board for the charger, and then cut the tube for the charging connector back to just before the charging connector.

Sealed the unit back up, beveled the inside edge of the tube around the charging connector and finally sealed the front of the charger back up using hot glue.

Works like a charm with no problems, I now have a converted 510 charger for upstairs and the fast charger downstairs.

All the best and happy vaping,
Wing.

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;1357427 said:
I had a spare 510 charger and since I like to tinker I cut the casing at the front of the charger back to the circuit board for the charger, and then cut the tube for the charging connector back to just before the charging connector.

Sealed the unit back up, beveled the inside edge of the tube around the charging connector and finally sealed the front of the charger back up using hot glue.

Works like a charm with no problems, I now have a converted 510 charger for upstairs and the fast charger downstairs.

All the best and happy Vaping,
Wing.

Interesting...Is there any way you could post a pic of it? I may want to do something like that so I don't have to find an adapter for each charger (or swap between them).

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Interesting...Is there any way you could post a pic of it? I may want to do something like that so I don't have to find an adapter for each charger (or swap between them).

Sorry took so long, had to take care of kids, here are a few pics off my cell phone of the finished modified charger.

photo0063dz.jpg

photo0062oz.jpg

All the best, Happy vaping,
Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread