eGo Vs Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
..and why I won't buy Tornados again.

I got both the eGo and Tornado (for a friend) as well as a spare Tornado battery giving me three batteries just in case etc.

The charger in the Tornado kit is a regular 510 charger and takes 8 hours, the charger in the eGo kit is a fast charge 2 hour charger.

The Tornado comes with a fault prone adaptor to use with their charger, I had to replace a friends charger due to the damage the adaptor caused, luckily I'd purchased a few 510 kits over the months and had a spare.

The Tornado battery died 2 days outside of the 28 day warranty and TW won't replace, the eGo batteries have a THREE month warranty when not bought in multipacks, prices are close enough to make it a huge false economy to get the slightly cheaper Tornado . Most companies (including Apple) will replace when just outside the warranty period, it's called customer satisfaction.

The cost of replacing the Tornado isn't any kind of issue, I'd spend that in a heartbeat on a good bottle of liquid, but the principle sucks.

The slightly older eGo batteries are still going strong.

So for the price difference of an atomizer, the Tornado just isn't worth it compared to the eGo.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
The price difference between the two is a $10 atty, a $5 dollar set of carts and a 7.5% discount code which just happens to be about the price of a battery.

I took my chances on the cheaper Tornado with the shorter warranty since I tend to be wasteful and not take advantages with those kinds of things even when it's stupid not to.

This time it worked out for me very well since the tornado has performed flawlessly and the battery lasts long enough that the 6 hour charge time is shorter than the time it takes me to use it up.

I can see how people that it didn't work out for would be upset but it's hard for me to justify paying $20 more for the exact same product.

Had I to do the whole thing over again I would have bought the battery 5-pack and paid less than $16 per battery, a few cones and a few 510 charger adapters and gotten an even better deal.

Last edited:

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
I took my chances with Tornado too and am very happy with what I've got so far. It's only been 3 days but the unit took a good beating up on the mountain on Saturday :) I figure if something goes wrong, I'll just make a phone call. One thing I've noticed, in conjunction with my experience at a call center, is that a lot of calls that don't end up in getting what one wants..could have. Since I left that job I can't tell you how many freebies or out-of-warranty-free-repairs or what have you I've gotten. 'course sometimes you just end up with a rep having a bad day or one with an innate crummy attitude.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
..and why I won't buy Tornados again.

I got both the eGo and Tornado (for a friend) as well as a spare Tornado battery giving me three batteries just in case etc.

The charger in the Tornado kit is a regular 510 charger and takes 8 hours, the charger in the eGo kit is a fast charge 2 hour charger.

The Tornado comes with a fault prone adaptor to use with their charger, I had to replace a friends charger due to the damage the adaptor caused, luckily I'd purchased a few 510 kits over the months and had a spare.

The Tornado battery died 2 days outside of the 28 day warranty and TW won't replace, the eGo batteries have a THREE month warranty when not bought in multipacks, prices are close enough to make it a huge false economy to get the slightly cheaper Tornado . Most companies (including Apple) will replace when just outside the warranty period, it's called customer satisfaction.

The cost of replacing the Tornado isn't any kind of issue, I'd spend that in a heartbeat on a good bottle of liquid, but the principle sucks.

The slightly older eGo batteries are still going strong.

So for the price difference of an atomizer, the Tornado just isn't worth it compared to the eGo.

I've got to agree with you, googled. The price difference is nothing compared to the peace of mind that comes with the extended warranty. Janty even warrants their attys for 6mos...who else offers that? Not to mention, Jantys CS is some of the best I've ever encountered.

Plus, how do you beat actually being able to communicate with the products actual designer, right here on the forum? Mik is a great guy, and goes out of his way to answer all the questions we throw at him.

Janty has a customer for life with me :thumb:

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I went with TW mostly because Janty was out of stock on almost every thing.

I did have a problem with a addy, and it was taken care of immediately.

I don't get the 8 hr charge being quoted above. I'm using a TW 5 station carger and it takes 4.5 hrs.

Love the Mega Atty!

Ditto.

Janty was sold out. Then I heard TW was selling the same kit.

Maximum charge time on a completely drained battery = 4.5 hours for my kit

The only difference is, both of my atty's perform flawlessly.

And I never buy extended warrantees on anything, so that's not a sales point for me. Having a speed charger would be nice, but my tornado's battery lasts me at least 12 hours and usually longer.

Last edited:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
I went with TW mostly because Janty was out of stock on almost every thing.

Ditto, plus the Tornado came with 2 atty's...I wish I had waited a week and purchased the Janty. Not that there is anything wrong with my Tornado, but TW's customer service blows chunks. I got burned on some bad mega atty's and TW won't respond to me at all. Knowing what I know now, I would gladly spend the extra $$ for an extra atty and get the good CS from Janty.

Animus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Durham, NC USA
I went with the Tornado only because Janty was out of stock. any notice a lesser battery life than the ego's? I am only getting about 4 hours from all 3 of my batts whereas reports from the ego at at least 8 hours of heavy vaping. Still a lot better than my 501's but 8 hours would be awesome. The ego/tornado is a great pv. I like even better than my 501.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I LOVE MY EGO :) I'd much rather have my 6 month warranty on my atty and my 3 month warranty on my batteries than anything else. I've had nothing wrong with any part of my eGo and recommend it all the time. Have 2 friends that bought the eGo and 2 more that will be ordering one here soon. I'm just glad I don't have to charge a battery every freakin hour, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread