Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Nope. Same coil! I'm shuttling six in heavy use (two on while four lay in rest), plus three in light use. On the six rotating ones, I use them for about a week, then swap for the next two in line.

A couple of quick pulses, a steel brush, and a good rinse, and they're good to go. After they dry, I re-wick them and place them in the back of the line.

I'm trying to get a baseline of approximately how long these things CAN run, with minimal attention. I always check their resistance, and so far all are coming in at 1.2 or less.

I'm hoping I can fit some 1.5s in there once I move onto re-coiling. That will allow me to use them on my old Provis with plenty of working range. We shall see.

They've definitely already become my favorite coils ever, which was unexpected (big time too). I'm a fanboi. :rolleyes:

Yes i can see why they last so long for you.
When i have to rebuild its because i distorted the coil when removing the cotton .
Often the cotton is replaced to get that clean refreshing taste.
Beforehand i just pulse the coil to clean only .The coils do not have a chance to get gunked up perhaps because of the 96+ PG DIY e-liquid only the cotton turns dark after a week and quickly replaced after the coil pulsing .

Mine is not the right way only the way that works for how i vape as we all have different formula's in the e-liquid % etc etc.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPL, I am using a 30g, 2.5mm, 5wr. = 1.7Ω in a 2.5 Provari, no problems in getting it in there.

Thanks, OP! I had a feeling because I did an "eye-check" with some 1.5s I had on hand. It looked like they'd fit without any issues, but I wasn't 100% certain, so this was GREAT to see (you ROCK!). :thumbs:

I ran 1.5 cartos on them for a couple of years, back before Kat konvinced me to move off to tanks. Then came the drip tips. Then, then, then...

Mammamia...(too much STUFF!) :facepalm:

:wub: ya, @Katdarling .

Point being, once the eggies become Provi-friendly, jeez, they'll be tough to look past when I want to use something. That's just me, and I get that, but I'm SOLD (hook, line, sinkah!). :vapor:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes i can see why they last so long for you.
When i have to rebuild its because i distorted the coil when removing the cotton .
Often the cotton is replaced to get that clean refreshing taste.
Beforehand i just pulse the coil to clean only .The coils do not have a chance to get gunked up perhaps because of the 96+ PG DIY e-liquid only the cotton turns dark after a week and quickly replaced after the coil pulsing .

Mine is not the right way only the way that works for how i vape as we all have different formula's in the e-liquid % etc etc.

Did you test it? I ask because I messed one up SO badly that I was CERTAIN it was dead. It rang up at 1.1, and I've re-wicked it at least three times since. Still 1.1. LOOKS like kaka, but vapes like it's still new.

These bad boys are TOUGH too.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I also run a couple Amor's with 2.0Ω coils. So you can get a little higher ohm's if'n ya want. :)

I just need to get it within the 3.5 amp limit at my preferred 4-4.2v. The 1.5's are fine but I may play around (just for the heckuvit).

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
For the "Don't Ask Why" department.

Yesterday for some reason I decided to try fitting a V1 base with CLR into my STM tank. Actually it seems like it might be doable if I can come up with a proper seal between the CLR and STM tank air tube. Tried a couple different grommets that I have on hand but both restricted airflow way too much for me. when I get home I plan to try the silicone seal off an old PT2 coil.
I have a Clone STM base and RBA w/bellcap waiting at the house. Since I have a very slight preference for the CLR I think it would be neat if a bellcap version could be added to the EO family.

Note: As stated I had two fittings that might work for extreme Tootlers but not for me. As such I didn't bother to add any juice to check for leak or seepage integrity.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
My brother is coming by this week to pick up the Eggrolls and CLRs I bought for him to try. He was complaining about glass tanks though. How do the V1 eggrolls compare to the V2? The glass is more protected in the V1. Do they still take the CLRs? Is the airflow about the same?

I may just give him a silicone ring thingy to put on his eggroll. That should take care of it, I think.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
My brother is coming by this week to pick up the Eggrolls and CLRs I bought for him to try. He was complaining about glass tanks though. How do the V1 eggrolls compare to the V2? The glass is more protected in the V1. Do they still take the CLRs? Is the airflow about the same?

I may just give him a silicone ring thingy to put on his eggroll. That should take care of it, I think.

The V1 does take the CLR. Mine have survived drops from 2 to 4 feet on concrete. They're constantly falling over with a loud slap on my wooden surfaces with no ill effects so far. Tough little suckers! Can't speak for the other versions.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The V1 does take the CLR. Mine have survived drops from 2 to 4 feet on concrete. They're constantly falling over with a loud slap on my wooden surfaces with no ill effects so far. Tough little suckers! Can't speak for the other versions.
Are the V1s just as good as the V2s? Do they taste the same? Have the same airflow?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Are the V1s just as good as the V2s? Do they taste the same? Have the same airflow?

I only own V1s. Best I can say is what I've read in this thread. I believe any differences are so minute as to be insignificant. I'm sure someone who owns both will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Eleaf Pico Dual Starter Kit is now sale for only $22.49! Free shipping applies to US orders over $49! The colors available for purchase are Grey, Red, Silver and White.

The Eleaf Pico Dual Starter Kit includes the new Eleaf Pico Dual Box Mod and the Eleaf Melo 3 Mini Tank.

Coupon Code: VC10

Eleaf Pico Dual Kit | Vape Kits

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Did you test it? I ask because I messed one up SO badly that I was CERTAIN it was dead. It rang up at 1.1, and I've re-wicked it at least three times since. Still 1.1. LOOKS like kaka, but vapes like it's still new.

These bad boys are TOUGH too.
Naw it was more wrangled than a mop just squeezed. Wrapping a new coil is simple anyhoot.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
For those of you using a ego mega battery, how long does it take you to charge it up? I vape one tank, and put it on the supplied 1 amp charger, and it takes about one full day to charge it up. I have two in use, and they are both the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread