eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
That tank should have come with a .5Ω coil, right?
I got these in what I originally thought was a bad trade and the coils in both the ego tanks needed to be replaced. I'm realizing now that the trade may not be as bad as I originally thought as it seems I only got one bad tank out of the deal(kangertech tank reads 9.99Ω on any mod it is placed on even after replacing the coil and cleaning the 510 threading).

I got a couple of those based on David's recommendations. Very nice!

Wow, I didn't catch that. I didn't know anyone ever used the original CL coils.

Use the CLR coils. They're better. Plus, you can just save your old coils in a baggy. Then they'll be there if you ever learn to rebuild. They're one of the easiest to rebuild.

Thank you, I will definitely be getting a clr coil or a few in the very near future!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
What wattage should I be at for the coil? Also if you don't mind could you give me a break down of what the max wattage is for 1.0Ω and 0.5Ω?

It really isn't just that simple. It depends on the wire type and the tank. Larger air flow will give you more wattage to use as it cools the coil some.

The 1.0 ohm coils for the mega tank are Kanthal and the the center pin airflow is restricted a lot. Wattage is probably between 10 to 17 watts. Joyetech rates the CLR 1 ohm at 10 to 20 watts. That is over rated by some degree. 20 watts is going to be dry hit or burnt wick.

The .5 ohm coil for the Mega tank has a larger airhole getting more vapor and coiling the coil more. But even there. Joyetech rates these at 20 to 30 watts. Again that is over rated. Probably 17 to 22 watts

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
If you are looking for 35 watts, you would most likely be happier with something like the Kanger Toptank mini using their ceramic coils which will easily do over 35 watts.
This is great news, my brother is sending me his and it should be here by Friday!
Can I ask what the need for 35 watts or more is? More wattage doesn't mean better vape of more flavor necessarily

Honestly I'm not sure. I guess a better draw off the vape to me. I have turned my ego tank down and currently have it set to 18w and at this moment it leaves me wanting to vape constantly.

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is great news, my brother is sending me his and it should be here by Friday!

Honestly I'm not sure. I guess a better draw off the vape to me. I have turned my ego tank down and currently have it set to 18w and at this moment it leaves me wanting to vape constantly.

How much nic mg? Maybe up the nic level.....

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
6mg nic. I was smoking anywhere between 25-30 cigarettes a day. Today is day 9 with no cigarettes.
Upping the nic may be a good thing to keep those cravings at bay, but you need not be to alarmed at vaping constantly when you are detoxing.
Once the nic level in your body is satisfied you will be able to put down the vape for a while. Nic absorbs differently in ecigs than in cigarettes.
With cigarettes it is a straight shot directly into your lungs, and ultimately into your blood stream. With ecigs the nic is absorbed through the mouth, nose and throat.
I liken the 2 to getting drunk......
Cigarettes = whiskey
Ecigs = beer.
Both will get you drunk. It just takes longer with ecigs.

YMMV

:)

eta also increase the amounts of liquids you drink. It helps the vaping be smoother, keeps you from getting dehydrated, and helps to get the toxins flushed out of your system quicker.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I smoked about the same for over 40 years. I stopped by vaping. I started off vaping 48 mg in a pen type set up with low amount of vapor. Gradually upped the device while lowering the nic level. I now vape 3 MG around 12 to 18 watts. Lots of vapor and taste.

There are two ways to get more nic with vaping increasing the level of nic in the ejuice or upping the amount of vapor at lower nic levels.

6 MG might not be enough to cut the craving sufficiently. There are also other things in tobacco that makes one want it. It took me a good month to not want it anymore.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Upping the nic may be a good thing to keep those cravings at bay, but you need not be to alarmed at vaping constantly when you are detoxing.
Once the nic level in your body is satisfied you will be able to put down the vape for a while. Nic absorbs differently in ecigs than in cigarettes.
With cigarettes it is a straight shot directly into your lungs, and ultimately into your blood stream. With ecigs the nic is absorbed through the mouth, nose and throat.
I like the 2 to getting drunk......
Cigarettes = whiskey
Ecigs = beer.
Both will get you drunk. It just takes longer with ecigs.

YMMV

Thank you. I do have some higher nic levels. I have one bottle of 18mg but it's a 50/50 blend and feels like smoking ultra fine shattered glass. I also have 12mg which is 70vg/30pg and is much smoother.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
I smoked about the same for over 40 years. I stopped by vaping. I started off vaping 48 mg in a pen type set up with low amount of vapor. Gradually upped the device while lowering the nic level. I now vape 3 MG around 12 to 18 watts. Lots of vapor and taste.

There are two ways to get more nic with vaping increasing the level of nic in the ejuice or upping the amount of vapor at lower nic levels.

6 MG might not be enough to cut the craving sufficiently. There are also other things in tobacco that makes one want it. It took me a good month to not want it anymore.

This is good to know! I smoked for 16 years and some days have been much harder than others. I will try some of my stronger nic juices because today has been a fight all day to not run next door with a quarter for the neighbor in exchange for a cigarette!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
6mg nic. I was smoking anywhere between 25-30 cigarettes a day. Today is day 9 with no cigarettes.
That really is a great achievement. I smoked way more than you probably for many more years also. You just need to be patient and make adjustments when necessary. I started at 12mg but eventually went down to 3mg. You will get there.

Good job.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Probably too low nicotine for a 1.0 CLR to satisfy you, given your prior smoking history.

You can do one of two things. Either (1) up the nicotine content of your eliquid (I’m guessing 12 to 18 mg), or (2) up the amount of eliquid you vape (i.e. chase clouds). Either way is ok, but you will definitely have to use more eliquid if you need bigger, thicker clouds of lower nicotine eliquids to satisfy your nic cravings, so it is likely to be more expensive in the long run.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
There are also juices with whole tobacco alkaloids in them. I have never personally tried them but many on here swear by them at cutting cravings for cigarettes.

Rather expensive but apparently a lot just get higher level unflavored and mix a few drops in with regular juice

Whole Tobacco Alkaloid WTA Eliquid Ejuice

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
That really is a great achievement. I smoked way more than you probably for many more years also. You just need to be patient and make adjustments when necessary. I started at 12mg but eventually went down to 3mg. You will get there.

Good job.

Thank you! It helps to hear of people that have made it without going back. In 2016 I only made it 11 days on a pen.
They quit making the liquid I liked and that done it for me, stopped at a gas station on the way home thinking "I'll only get this pack and then I'll find another flavor I like". Needless to say my vape pen went into storage and didn't come back out until 9 days ago!

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
This is good to know! I smoked for 16 years and some days have been much harder than others. I will try some of my stronger nic juices because today has been a fight all day to not run next door with a quarter for the neighbor in exchange for a cigarette!
Heh. I don’t think a quarter is enough these days. ;)

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Probably too low nicotine for a 1.0 CLR to satisfy you, given your prior smoking history.

You can do one of two things. Either (1) up the nicotine content of your eliquid (I’m guessing 12 to 18 mg), or (2) up the amount of eliquid you vape (i.e. chase clouds). Either way is ok, but you will definitely have to use more eliquid if you need bigger, thicker clouds of lower nicotine eliquids to satisfy your nic cravings, so it is likely to be more expensive in the long run.
Thank you. I do have some 12mg and some 18mg that I will be trying soon. I hate to waste ejuice and right now I have almost a full tank!
There are also juices with whole tobacco alkaloids in them. I have never personally tried them but many on here swear by them at cutting cravings for cigarettes.

Rather expensive but apparently a lot just get higher level unflavored and mix a few drops in with regular juice

This sounds like something I may be interested in. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I haven't saw it in any of the local vape shops here.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thank you. I do have some 12mg and some 18mg that I will be trying soon. I hate to waste ejuice and right now I have almost a full tank!

This sounds like something I may be interested in. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I haven't saw it in any of the local vape shops here.

I edited the post to add a link to one. There are others that sell it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread