eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
This sounds like something I may be interested in. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I haven't saw it in any of the local vape shops here.

MrsW...there's an Incredibly Astute :shock:...post about WTA...here:

(note: since it's on ECF it might be easier to Right Click => Open in new tab...)

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I am definitely going to get a CLR .5 coil for it hopefully later today.

Yea...but...the 0.5ohm coil is designed for DL vaping...

MTL...Mouth To Lung...the way most smokers smoke their cigarettes...

DL...Direct Lung...the way most smokers smoke their "cigarettes"/pipes with stuff that looks-like-tobacco-but-it's-not...

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yea...but...the 0.5ohm coil is designed for DL vaping...

MTL...Mouth To Lung...the way most smokers smoke their cigarettes...

DL...Direct Lung...the way most smokers smoke their "cigarettes"/pipes with stuff that looks-like-tobacco-but-it's-not...

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Too add as some that maybe newer to CLRs the .5 ohm has a larger airhole at under the bottom pin compared to the 1ohm CLR which in turn draws more air in with the vapor.
For some its too airy then, but for others its a nice vape.
So as mentioned in past in thread the 1ohm is tighter on the draw.
Its nice to have a choice .

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Too add as some that maybe newer to CLRs the .5 ohm has a larger airhole at under the bottom pin compared to the 1ohm CLR which in turn draws more air in with the vapor.
For some its too airy then, but for others its a nice vape.
So as mentioned in past in thread the 1ohm is tighter on the draw.
Its nice to have a choice .
@MrsWood You might try both versions to see which suits you better; there is a huge difference in airflow between the two. I prefer the 1.0 ohm, tighter air-flow version, but kinda wish that the air hole was just a smidgeon bigger.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@MrsWood You might try both versions to see which suits you better; there is a huge difference in airflow between the two. I prefer the 1.0 ohm, tighter air-flow version, but kinda wish that the air hole was just a smidgeon bigger.
True...but with the watts being as high as he is happy with, he will probably like the 0.5 ohm. And he can always reduce the af at the base.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know after a rough start, my TronS tank is really shining. I find myself vaping it a great deal of the time... It's really got a fine draw and flavor! For 10 bucks.

The shiny thing above is lovely, but it seems to me this coil's magic.... Is in the coil?

Anna

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Another tank for the CLR's. I don't know if it's on the list or not, and I imagine it's kinda pricey, although very nice looking.

I mentioned this tank many pages back and i think correct me if wrong that also posted the video as above yes nice looking tank but very expensive per my email correspondence with him and never bought it but considered it.
You know after a rough start, my TronS tank is really shining. I find myself vaping it a great deal of the time... It's really got a fine draw and flavor! For 10 bucks.

The shiny thing above is lovely, but it seems to me this coil's magic.... Is in the coil?

Anna
Yes agree its the coil head and also the chimney in tank as i do not think the chimney dimensions changed much if at all.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I mentioned this tank many pages back and i think correct me if wrong that also posted the video as above yes nice looking tank but very expensive per my email correspondence with him and never bought it but considered it.

Yep, at 140 euros, a bit high for me for a tank.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh vape mail came and only about 25 draws so far on the Ares tank that came out recently.
No it does not take CLR coils.

Was my "tighter" accurate, in your opinion? We're all different, after all.

Yep, at 140 euros, a bit high for me for a tank.

Yeah. Sweeter than sugar, but simply no way. Too bad because it makes a heart pitter-patter.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm not spending that on a tank regardless of its awesomeness.... Even if I could, I'm not sure I would, because I'm happy with all three of my (now fixed) CLR coil tanks! That coil is the best thing joytech ever did in my opinion (just as well because I don't much like their mods).

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, I'm not spending that on a tank regardless of its awesomeness.... Even if I could, I'm not sure I would, because I'm happy with all three of my (now fixed) CLR coil tanks! That coil is the best thing joytech ever did in my opinion (just as well because I don't much like their mods).

Anna

You'll be unlikely to find arguments here, hence the reason @pufZeppelin created le thread. ;-)

Best blister-pack coils EVER ("BBPCE!") :D

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Was my "tighter" accurate, in your opinion? We're all different, after all.

Yeah. Sweeter than sugar, but simply no way. Too bad because it makes a heart pitter-patter.

DP love ya babe but no not wide open taking a draw on both tanks in that fashion.
Now vaping with the 3 small airholes only and its very similar for the draw of the megav2 i feel but as you said we are all different .
Gosh Phil states 17 watts is recommended and it may be for some but tried it and the vape was hot and not tasty at all with what i'm used to dialed it back down to 12.5 which is normal on the clrs for moi and it was that wattage that did it. For someone at higher VG % could see how higher wattage is needed because of vg thickness.
As a note i vape high PG around 96% so i will know if and when it leaks as the e-liquid is thin as can be.
Vg congests me so.........
It fits on my dna vt 75w nano mod perfect no overhang on the smy sdna 75w it has a slight over hang.Saying to the vape gods please please dont let this tank leak because already likeing it unless it starts to leak.
Going to vape it exclusively for a week to give it a good test for leakage vaping about 10-12 ml a day.
As a note i vape high PG around 96% so i will know if and when it leaks as the e-liquid is thin as can be.
Vg congests me so reason using high PG in diy formula.

Something wrong with this keyboard as what i want to say posting comes out very long . ; )

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DP love ya babe but no not wide open taking a draw on both tanks in that fashion.

Hence the reason I never ask for opinions, and always over-qualify my answers with things like, "To me" (etc.). I've come to realize there is only one way to determine something, and that power is in me and me alone.

I hope you end up enjoying it, regardless of flow. Mine remains wide open, and will (like all my tanks). 11 watts, baby. LOOK OUT WORLD! :cool:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Hence the reason I never ask for opinions, and always over-qualify my answers with things like, "To me" (etc.). I've come to realize there is only one way to determine something, and that power is in me and me alone.

I hope you end up enjoying it, regardless of flow. Mine remains wide open, and will (like all my tanks). 11 watts, baby. LOOK OUT WORLD! :cool:
True i agree like a car wont know if you like it until you drive it.Close to vaping half down the tank now. ; )

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
True i agree like a car wont know if you like it until you drive it.Close to vaping half down the tank now. ; )

Ya - tis a bit of a drinker. Not quite Siren v1 level ("GULPS!"), but a drinker nonetheless.

Otis.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Agree(d), DPL. I'm not one to ask for opinions either. I'll buy it/try it and then I'll form my own opionione. Which is nothing like an onione. Just by the way. :blink:

Anna

And might I guess you're using the Ti coils, Ms. SAP? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread