eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Thank you. I do have some 12mg and some 18mg that I will be trying soon. I hate to waste ejuice and right now I have almost a full tank!

This sounds like something I may be interested in. Do you have any idea where I could find it? I haven't saw it in any of the local vape shops here.
Just FYI, I think the Kanger Top Tank may be closer to an “option 2” friendly device (higher power, lower nic, thicker clouds), while the Ego Mega CLR tanks are closer to an “option one” device (lower power, higher nic, less thick vapor). (Caveat: I don’t have a Top Tank.).

I think most of us here think that the CL coils...ummm....suck. They suck even worse with more than a 50% VG liquid. Those wicking holes are just too small. The CLRs rock, IMO. Some here have been using the same coil - dry fired and re-wicked periodically - for months.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Kanger tank top is definitely geared to more vapor and air flow than the Mega tank. It is a really good tank and actually quite flexible. You can put in high ohm coils and close down the air flow to get a decent mouth to lung vape but it is better as a sub ohm tank.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I typically vape my 1.0 coils at about 10 watts. But I am a wattage total weenie.

Anna

YOU'RE a weenie? :lol:

8-9 for me, dearie. And lovin' it!

MrsWood, I'm late to your party, but I must say you got some incredible info here. I do hope you keep us posted on your experiences with either lowering your wattage, and/or increasing your mg. strength.

Seems to me for the amount of cigs you smoked, you'd want to consider a much higher mg. e-liquid.

Again, it'll be good to follow your progress together. :)

You can get a satisfying vape using a 1.0ohm coil in the ego Tank by starting the wattage at 9.8(for a new coil) and breaking a new coil in.
:)

I find a much lower wattage works for me to break in a coil. With some tanks (wire, wick, air, etc.) I need to start much lower than 9.8w. But then again, 9.8w for me is on the high end of vaping wattage.

Wow, I didn't catch that. I didn't know anyone ever used the original CL coils.

I used one. Once. ;)

This is good to know! I smoked for 16 years and some days have been much harder than others. I will try some of my stronger nic juices because today has been a fight all day to not run next door with a quarter for the neighbor in exchange for a cigarette!

A QUARTER????? LOL! Around here it's about 2 bucks per "borrowed" smoke.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
YOU'RE a weenie? :lol:

8-9 for me, dearie. And lovin' it!

MrsWood, I'm late to your party, but I must say you got some incredible info here. I do hope you keep us posted on your experiences with either lowering your wattage, and/or increasing your mg. strength.

Seems to me for the amount of cigs you smoked, you'd want to consider a much higher mg. e-liquid.

Again, it'll be good to follow your progress together. :)

I find a much lower wattage works for me to break in a coil. With some tanks (wire, wick, air, etc.) I need to start much lower than 9.8w. But then again, 9.8w for me is on the high end of vaping wattage.

I used one. Once. ;)

A QUARTER????? LOL! Around here it's about 2 bucks per "borrowed" smoke.

I put some of the dragon fruit 12mg I had in the tank and currently have it on 18.5w. I am now able to hit for about 3.5s with no burn thanks to everyone on this thread!!! I am finally starting to be less agitated and seem to be able to reach a point where I can walk away from my vape for more than 5 minutes(it's still not out of sight though)!

I am looking into getting an RBA for the ego one mega tank I have at 0.5Ω so that I will be able to vape at a higher wattage. The higer wattage seems to be what I prefer.

Pall Mall Red 100s(my brand of choice) are $3.90/pack here after tax some places are as low as $3.50 after tax.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I put some of the dragon fruit 12mg I had in the tank and currently have it on 18.5w. I am now able to hit for about 3.5s with no burn thanks to everyone on this thread!!! I am finally starting to be less agitated and seem to be able to reach a point where I can walk away from my vape for more than 5 minutes(it's still not out of sight though)!

I am looking into getting an RBA for the ego one mega tank I have at 0.5Ω so that I will be able to vape at a higher wattage. The higer wattage seems to be what I prefer.

Pall Mall Red 100s(my brand of choice) are $3.90/pack here after tax some places are as low as $3.50 after tax.
Heh. The CLR coil IS the “RBA” for the Ego One line of tanks. The CLR coils are rebuildable. I use SS 316L wire in mine and run them in temperature control mode. :)

That said, if you like more airflow, you might like the Top Tank better.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well the cost isn't the biggest concern but I was spending around $4,000 a year on smokes. I don't spend anywhere near that on vaping even buying mods and tanks I really don't need. Maybe $600 a year.

DIY ejuice costs around $1.50 per 120 ML made. I wrap my own coils. So the consumables are next to nothing

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Here’s a vid by a forum member:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Technically they are not really rba. The CLR coils are actually look-a-likes for the reg CL stock coils. Once you pick up some you will see how it works. Like some members have already stated, when the taste starts to change or it just doesn't taste good anymore, carefully pull out the cotton wicking, pulse-dry burn with hitting the fire button a couple of times to burn the gunk off the coil. Pulse burn is hitting the fire button for a second or two. Then put in new wicking, juice it up and good to go.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Technically they are not really rba. The CLR coils are actually look-a-likes for the reg CL stock coils. Once you pick up some you will see how it works. Like some members have already stated, when the taste starts to change or it just doesn't taste good anymore, carefully pull out the cotton wicking, pulse-dry burn with hitting the fire button a couple of times to burn the gunk off the coil. Pulse burn is hitting the fire button for a second or two. Then put in new wicking, juice it up and good to go.

I think they’re advertised as being rebuildable. No?

To me they’re as easy to rebuild as anything else I’ve tried so far.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I think they’re advertised as being rebuildable. No?

To me they’re as easy to rebuild as anything else I’ve tried so far.
Yes you are correct. When I think rba, i always seem to envision a deck and a glass tank. But in this case it is just the atomizer. So I stand corrected. And yes, the easiest rebuildable coil I have ever tried.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

Hang in there! You CAN do it!

(Oh. About $11 a pack here too.)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Mrs, seems to me your journey is taking you to higher nic and lower wattage. Keep playing and experimenting to see what you like!

As said, the CLRs are rebuildable. There's no "RBA" for the Eggs (Ego One Mega). I'm still not clear why you like a higher wattage, but with all the help here, welp, we'll be cheering you on to find the abstolute sweet spot for you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for the correction @Sugar_and_Spice ! LOL, seems like I am forever gonna get the CLR coils and the ECU ones confused, like, every chance I get.

I still think the 0.5 would be better suited to those wattages and the good news is, you can just run it in wattage mode. :)

Anna

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks everyone, so much! I have received such amazing advice from y'all. Currently I have my itaste mvp 3.0 pro at 18.5w and haven't had a burn issue. I am able to hit it for about 3s (finally). This is a big change from not being able to go over 1.8s max with slight burn occuring around 1.5s! I am definitely going to get a CLR .5 coil for it hopefully later today.

MrsWood

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2018
Mrs, seems to me your journey is taking you to higher nic and lower wattage. Keep playing and experimenting to see what you like!

As said, the CLRs are rebuildable. There's no "RBA" for the Eggs (Ego One Mega). I'm still not clear why you like a higher wattage, but with all the help here, welp, we'll be cheering you on to find the abstolute sweet spot for you!

I'm not sure why a higher wattage either! I started at 9.5 on this coil with the ego tank after being told to turn my wattage down and I have now worked my way back up to 18.5w. I won't go any higher because I don't want to burn the coil but can't wait until the mod my brother sent gets here. It does have an rba with it. Once here I will definitely be searching the forum for the answers I need about it or posting and asking. I'm not sure about them but I've been watching videos and reading everything I've found.(mainly on the forum)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread