Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Question for the group. A friend is indicating that their eggroll is leaking from the air holes. I've neither seen nor experienced that before, but I'm wondering if any others have.

Ego One Mega V2 (Light Plus Minus & Divided By...) for clarity ("eggroll").

Thanks in advance. :)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
THANK YOU! I'll pass it along, because it may be relevant. :)
I've also had that happen. Simple fix is to turn everything upside down and give it a good sling over a trash can so excess juice comes out through the drip tip. I always do this when I refill just to be sure.

One caveat: Don't turn loose while you're slinging it unless you really really don't like it anymore.

If that doesn't fix the problem, screwing the coil in tighter seems to be the fix all on this coil/tank competition. When you think you have it tight, tighten it some more.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Question for the group. A friend is indicating that their eggroll is leaking from the air holes. I've neither seen nor experienced that before, but I'm wondering if any others have.

Yes. The wick gets soggy and doesn't fill the hole letting liquid through. Things that can fix that issue: 1) Rewick 2) turn the lower ring to close the wick hole a bit 3) push the wick with something pointy into the hole a bit focusing on the corners

ALSO... When you refill, you must remember to tighten the topcap on the CLR - leaking can occur if it is not tight and opening the tank can loosen it as the oring will grab onto the chimney when turning

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

I have. But, only when I've let it sit for a while. The wick gets over saturated, and the excess has to do somewhere.

As a rule, I always tell people that - top airflow tanks aside (whole 'nother issue, there) - ALL tanks leak. It's a bottle, and the only things holding in the E-liquids are vacuum, and wee cotton plugs. If the vacuum breaks, leaks will occur. If the cotton is over saturated or damaged, leaks will occur. To prevent leaks, do not store for long periods with liquid inside (or store upside down), vape at an appropriate wattage (too low a wattage can inhibit vaporization and leave too much liquid in the wick), inspect o-rings when changing coils, and check the condition of the wick in the coils when filling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If it is the CLR. A coil that is too small like 2 mm will cause it to leak. Too little wick material also

They're stock coils so that shouldn't me it. The way I wick mine (with VERY little attention), I'd expect it would have happened to me. Go figure...

I guess the term, "Lucky vaper" is redundant, eh (rhetorical)?

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
No leaks except going form warm house to outside in winter and if the dogs take there time out there then once back in it sometimes leaks around bottom not so much with megav2 but with the first mega with large slots for viewing e-liquid it has a greater chance to leak around the bottom.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No leaks except going form warm house to outside in winter and if the dogs take there time out there then once back in it sometimes leaks around bottom not so much with megav2 but with the first mega with large slots for viewing e-liquid it has a greater chance to leak around the bottom.

Yeah, I've had some "weepies" around the base, but only if I (a) forget to tighten the coil with each fill, or (b) vape it down too low (which is extremely rare for me). The "out the airholes" thing definitely caught me by surprise.

But, it IS vaping, after all, where the possibilities remain endless. Long live da vape!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Ditto - Long live da vape!
Like it. ; )

Oh forget to mention when i do rewick the coilhead gets unscrewed airslots opened all the way and then water stream is run threw it. At that point in time there always is some e-liquid in the base so it is rinsed out then Dieseler blown out after water rinse.
As a note diy is 96 % PG so thin as can be then vg + 12mg nic and 1and 3/4 to 2 % real cig flavoring have not "vaped" anything else in years.
Also the 4 ego tanks are sitting full and idle for this week as i vape exclusively the 1 Ares tank to see whats what.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
No leaks except going form warm house to outside in winter ...
Now that’s interesting. I would have thought that, if anything, the opposite would be true - i.e. that it would leak going from a colder to a warmer environment (because the air in the tank will expand and push eliquid out). But then, I’m in a tropical climate so I really have no first hand experience with vaping in extremely cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread