The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by pufZeppelin, Aug 28, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    LOLOLOL!!!! (I had to watch it).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Question for the group. A friend is indicating that their eggroll is leaking from the air holes. I've neither seen nor experienced that before, but I'm wondering if any others have.

Ego One Mega V2 (Light Plus Minus & Divided By...) for clarity ("eggroll").

Thanks in advance. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. misswish1

misswish1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    NM
    The only time I've had that happen is when I've gotten a few drops inside the chimney. :oops:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    THANK YOU! I'll pass it along, because it may be relevant. :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. MikeADore

MikeADore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Tennessee
    I've also had that happen. Simple fix is to turn everything upside down and give it a good sling over a trash can so excess juice comes out through the drip tip. I always do this when I refill just to be sure.

One caveat: Don't turn loose while you're slinging it unless you really really don't like it anymore.

If that doesn't fix the problem, screwing the coil in tighter seems to be the fix all on this coil/tank competition. When you think you have it tight, tighten it some more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. lil_buddy

lil_buddy Ultra Member Verified Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Yes. The wick gets soggy and doesn't fill the hole letting liquid through. Things that can fix that issue: 1) Rewick 2) turn the lower ring to close the wick hole a bit 3) push the wick with something pointy into the hole a bit focusing on the corners

ALSO... When you refill, you must remember to tighten the topcap on the CLR - leaking can occur if it is not tight and opening the tank can loosen it as the oring will grab onto the chimney when turning

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I have. But, only when I've let it sit for a while. The wick gets over saturated, and the excess has to do somewhere.

As a rule, I always tell people that - top airflow tanks aside (whole 'nother issue, there) - ALL tanks leak. It's a bottle, and the only things holding in the E-liquids are vacuum, and wee cotton plugs. If the vacuum breaks, leaks will occur. If the cotton is over saturated or damaged, leaks will occur. To prevent leaks, do not store for long periods with liquid inside (or store upside down), vape at an appropriate wattage (too low a wattage can inhibit vaporization and leave too much liquid in the wick), inspect o-rings when changing coils, and check the condition of the wick in the coils when filling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Thanks, all! I'm pasting now. :D

• Like Like x 6
  9. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If it is the CLR. A coil that is too small like 2 mm will cause it to leak. Too little wick material also

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. lil_buddy

Mar 9, 2017
    Speaking of leaking, all my Ego One V1's are leaking through the seam where the base meets the tank. Somehow, the o-rings on the bases are no longer working? It's pretty weird and annoying

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    They're stock coils so that shouldn't me it. The way I wick mine (with VERY little attention), I'd expect it would have happened to me. Go figure...

I guess the term, "Lucky vaper" is redundant, eh (rhetorical)?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    No leakage for me, but I've had connectivity issues, that ya'll solved, thank you :)

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  13. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No leaks for me:)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Katdarling

Katdarling Bling Kween and spreadsheet monster. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Leaky Eggie?

:glug:

We'll get him/her/she/shiz/shazamm figured out, sweets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. lil_buddy

Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Nice price. Wish they were 4ml...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    No leaks except going form warm house to outside in winter and if the dogs take there time out there then once back in it sometimes leaks around bottom not so much with megav2 but with the first mega with large slots for viewing e-liquid it has a greater chance to leak around the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Yeah, I've had some "weepies" around the base, but only if I (a) forget to tighten the coil with each fill, or (b) vape it down too low (which is extremely rare for me). The "out the airholes" thing definitely caught me by surprise.

But, it IS vaping, after all, where the possibilities remain endless. Long live da vape!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Ditto - Long live da vape!
    Like it. ; )

Oh forget to mention when i do rewick the coilhead gets unscrewed airslots opened all the way and then water stream is run threw it. At that point in time there always is some e-liquid in the base so it is rinsed out then Dieseler blown out after water rinse.
    As a note diy is 96 % PG so thin as can be then vg + 12mg nic and 1and 3/4 to 2 % real cig flavoring have not "vaped" anything else in years.
    Also the 4 ego tanks are sitting full and idle for this week as i vape exclusively the 1 Ares tank to see whats what.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Now that’s interesting. I would have thought that, if anything, the opposite would be true - i.e. that it would leak going from a colder to a warmer environment (because the air in the tank will expand and push eliquid out). But then, I’m in a tropical climate so I really have no first hand experience with vaping in extremely cold weather.

• Like Like x 3