Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
What kinda coil are you running? Maybe I’ll give it another try. Been meaning to clean it out - near black juice residue from months ago still in there...:p

30g, 6wr, 2.5mm, 2.0Ω Kanthal. Running it at 10 watts. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
One thing about the clr coils I've found, is that when I wind a coil for them, no two will come out the same consistently for some reason, but for me, and for what I use them on, it doesn't really matter. As long as it falls between 1.5 - 2.5 Ω, I'm good.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
One thing about the clr coils I've found, is that when I wind a coil for them, no two will come out the same consistently for some reason, but for me, and for what I use them on, it doesn't really matter. As long as it falls between 1.5 - 2.5 Ω, I'm good.

If any two coils I built came out the same, it would be (a) purely coincidence, and (b) most likely unknown to me.

:thumbs: on the "Provi Friendly" resistance". :vapor:

Lanciab

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2018
Hello EgoOneClr maniacs !
I've read almost the whole topic...from start to page 150, and then jumped to 400 :)
I'm also a CLR addict.
I started vaping almost 3 years ago, with an Ego One 19mm/1100 mAh kit, 1ohm.
I quickly jumped to CLR coils, more for fun than for cost (the CL coils last very long) but as I've been surprised by the taste and vapor, it becames one of my favorites !
I gave some of my firsts 2ml tanks and batts to a friend who was quitting cigarette.
Nowadays I own a few other tanks:
2,5 ml blue on a Ijust Start+ 1600 mAh Eleaf batt, that I find much more reliable than Joyetech zones, 1ohm Kanthal 0.32/2,5 mm for travelling;
Gold Tron-S 1ohm also, on a gold Istick power nano, very small and discreet setup;
White Tron-S coiled with titanium, around ,5 ohms, fitted on a white Kanger Juppi, great combo !
Red Tron-S with Titanium coil on a red Ijoy Cigpet Ant
Gold Tron-S with Ni Joyetech coil, fitted on an old Dovpo TC 50 box
Gold Tron-T with Ti coil, on a gold Vtc mini.
Grey Tron-T with 1ohm coil on a Etaliens Et-X2.

I assume you understand I like the Tron...I find these much more reliable than the Méga V1 4ml, they do NOT leak at all and i love the look (born in the late 60's TRON the movie is still in my mind !)
What is fun is that the EGO line of tanks is not appreciated at all in France, all boards are bad rating these...you English are in the truth !
And last, you can find some 2ml V2 in black or silver for less than 6$ postage included on Aliexpress, I ordered 3 for a friend and they were délivered in less than 3 weeks.
The Tron line of tanks is also very low priced , less than 7 $.
Sorry for the long post I had a lot to write :)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Joyetech answer for your question
What is the output voltage/wattage and the resistance range of eGo-ONE? - Joyetech

The eGo-ONE features a direct-output battery with protective circuit module, so its output voltage/wattage is not constant, they will reduce as the battery power decreases. The probable range of output voltage is: 3.2V-3.8V. And the range of output wattage is 20W-30W(0.5ohm head); 10W-15W(1.0ohm). Also please make sure that the resistance of atomizer head should be controlled between 0.3Ω-5Ω. NOTE: The data above are based on atomizers from Joyetech brand.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Hi guys!
What is the wattage of the eGo One Mega V2 battery?

The eGo One Mega supports two separate firing modes: Direct Output Mode and Constant Voltage Output Mode. If you would like to use this device as a Mechanical Mod with unregulated battery power, the eGo One Mega V2 will fire with resistance ranges between 0.15-3.5 ohms. If you prefer a constant voltage that fires synonymously with your batteries power, use the Constant Voltage Output Mode.

Source: second post on this thread - eGo One Mega v2 + RDA's

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
That's strange.
When I compare output from my lungs using a RTA at 0.25ohm, I get the same draw as approx. 45-50W on a regulated mod ?
Well, I don't know what the voltage of the V2 mega is when in constant voltage mode, but if it is 3.6v, then with a 0.25ohm coil you'll doing about 52 watts.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    The eGo One Mega supports two separate firing modes: Direct Output Mode and Constant Voltage Output Mode. If you would like to use this device as a Mechanical Mod with unregulated battery power, the eGo One Mega V2 will fire with resistance ranges between 0.15-3.5 ohms. If you prefer a constant voltage that fires synonymously with your batteries power, use the Constant Voltage Output Mode.

Source: second post on this thread - eGo One Mega v2 + RDA's
    Is it just me or does that sound like nonsense? Presumably "fires synonymously with your batteries power" means the output voltage will be equal to battery voltage, but that description is for constant voltage mode and not for direct output mode.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Hello EgoOneClr maniacs !:)

Hi there Lanciab,

Welcome to the eGoManiacs! It's great to hear from France. I'm an eGo ONE Mega V1 maniac myself. Have 8 of them and 1 lone TRON in my stash. I've only ever used the CLRs. Since I only keep 2 active tanks I've yet to get around to trying the TRON, maybe some day.

I'm totally astonished that sooooo many folks have leak issues with these Mega V1s. I see it everywhere, in old posts and reviews. Yet the only time I've experienced it is with my 1 Mega clone from AliExpress. It just puzzles me, ya know. I have to wonder if it was the CL coils?

Anyway, it' great to hear that you've found what works best for you. Especially when it's one of the 2 dozen or so tanks that accept our beloved CLR coils.

I've found my favorite mods in the Eleaf iStick single battery series. 4 iStick Pico V1 and 1 iStick 60 watt. Have a pile of other stuff collecting dust both older and newer but the iSticks are all I bother to use.

I've pretty much settled in with plain power mode around .5 ohm thru either Kanthal or SS and whatever cotton I get my hands on. Temp Control bored me. Tried Rayon wick a few times... meh.

Vape on Maniac:thumbs:

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    Anyway, it' great to hear that you've found what works best for you. Especially when it's one of the 2 dozen or so tanks that accept our beloved CLR coils.
    Could you share the list of those tanks? I have half a dozen CLR coils ready to use, but the old MEGA tank is in need of an upgrade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread