Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You have rebuilt the coils, right? I am hoping it is easy. I need to find that tutorial again.

Yes. Much more re-wicking than re-building, but I've done both. The former is ridiculously easy, and that latter is far from terrible.

The coils last quite a long time though, with just new wicks required. I've got some that have been running for a year or more, and others have me beat by a good margin.

Best freakin' blister pack coils EVER (in my opinion).

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You have rebuilt the coils, right? I am hoping it is easy. I need to find that tutorial again.

I don't rebuild anymore--just dry burn and rewick, mostly. Those coils last.

Good tutorial:

Joyetech tutorial:

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Mine whistles like some other tanks I have had. It also pops occasionally but I may be running it woo low watts.

Check the juice flow valve--I have it wide open. And make sure the cotton is tight, but not too tight through the coil.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Check the juice flow valve--I have it wide open.

GOOD thinking (I hadn't...).

I have both juice and air flows wide open. Can we just take that silly juice thing OFF? They're just a PITA to me.

I guess I can just TRY it, instead of ASKING a stupid question, huh? Go figure... ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
GOOD thinking (I hadn't...).

I have both juice and air flows wide open. Can we just take that silly juice thing OFF? They're just a PITA to me.

I guess I can just TRY it, instead of ASKING a stupid question, huh? Go figure... ;)

Well LOOKIE THERE! It WORKS! :banana:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll be removing ALL of mine next fills. STOOPIT things!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Wait, what? What are you removing, exactly? o_O

I removed the top ring, and it vaped fine but I did notice a difference so I've replaced it for now. I'm thinking of trying to remove the bottom one though.

It's never a good idea to leave me alone for lengths of time. :blink:

Thoughts? I'm listening.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thoughts? I'm listening.

Um... I wouldn't remove the top cap. I'm not sure if you can completely remove that bottom (hidden) JFC ring (you can see it clearly in Richard's video [above] at 12:25)? Anyway, it's fine when it's open, so I see no need to do it. Do you?

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Check the juice flow valve--I have it wide open. And make sure the cotton is tight, but not too tight through the coil.

I have the bottom one closed almost all the way and it is still almost too airy for me. I am dumb about this as I didn't know there was a juice flow ring. I only noticed the bottom air flow one. I have the mini size, does that make a difference?

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    This image shows the juice flow ring it is on the top left blue arrow. Turning it counter clockwise (viewed from the top) squeezes the wick and restricting the juice flow.

ego-one-clr.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Um... I wouldn't remove the top cap. I'm not sure if you can completely remove that bottom (hidden) JFC ring (you can see it clearly in Richard's video [above] at 12:25)? Anyway, it's fine when it's open, so I see no need to do it. Do you?

They sometimes sneak upwards on me - not sure why. I'm going to play with it tomorrow.

So to speak. :blink:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I have the bottom one closed almost all the way and it is still almost too airy for me. I am dumb about this as I didn't know there was a juice flow ring. I only noticed the bottom air flow one. I have the mini size, does that make a difference?

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing--the AFC is on the bottom of the tank, the JFC is hidden inside the coil itself. Right? The JFC ring does move sometimes, as DP said, so keep an eye on it. If you're using thick, mostly VG eliquids, you want it open all the way; if thin, high PG, you may want to close it off a bit.

Again, mini size what? The CLR coils are all the same size, so I presume you're talking about the eGo One tank. There are three sizes available, AFAIK--1.8, 2.5 and 4 ml (mega). Which one do you have? I only use megas, but I can't imagine why the smaller ones would vape differently.

If you have a 1Ω coil, it has a 1.8 mm diameter air intake hole under the coil--that's somewhat loose MTL draw--the true MTL tanks like the Berserker have a 1.2 mm hole, for example. If you prefer very tight MTL, then you may find CLRs a bit airy. I prefer airier draw myself--YMMV, as always.

I suggest you watch Richard's video--it shows you the anatomy of the coil--and look at Gandy's illustration. Also, go back to the OP of this thread. Worth reading!

jandrew

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Thanks, Katya. Very helpful. I did watch the vids and I will attempt to read back through these 500 pages. You explained it well, I just hadn't realized it was airier when I bought the tank.
    You can run with the airflow control closed down to just a sliver of an opening for a tighter draw (that's how I run mine).

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am not on my first ten coils but to be fair, some of them are inside dead Joytech Ego One and Tron tanks that are in my "I am disgusted with vaping pile." LOL.

Tighten the coil more, you say, eh? NOW you tell me.

Oh well, still got my two Odesseys and my one tiny 2.5 ml tank. Not going to venture there, although I am tempted.

I will say, rewick with one of those coils with rayon, and it lasts for a year. Okay not a year maybe but a long time. I am a chronic exaggerator... But NOT about my love/hate relationship with the Ego mega tanks!!! Heh.

Anna

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    The new cotton is supposed to go in snug only not tight from video's online seems to work well.

The top ring on clr has a black o-ring , forgot to put it back on 1 time and it leaked other folks it may vary but mine leaked right away perhaps because diy is around 92 to 94% PG. Now its hard to notice and may be news to some but the old stlye mega tanks 1st version with the large slotted windows had no o-ring /gasket in the chimney where the clr butts up to perhaps that why there is an o-ring on the clr's only guessing.
    The mega v2 does have a clear hard to see one though and perhaps Joyetech figured not to change the clr design top ring because it just works that way as well.

Bottom juice flow ring is screwed upwards pretty closed off here because of high % pg used otherwise a lot of e-liquid gets unburned and goes past coil into base which eventually leaks out the airholes learned this by trial and error long time ago and since no problems.

One vaping product that was well made in my opinion and well underated because and only personal thinking all the new and not always improved vaping products that have flooded the market last few years.
    But the clr coilhead is one that is hard to beat for its longevity with simple cotton replacement.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Thanks, Katya. Very helpful. I did watch the vids and I will attempt to read back through these 500 pages. You explained it well, I just hadn't realized it was airier when I bought the tank.

You don't have to read 500 pages--just the OP. But if CLRs are too airy for you, no amount of reading will help. ;)

Good luck!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    So I just got done re-wicking the ones I had in waiting. The bottom JFC does come off, and appears to have no value if you run them wide open (as I do). The coil is cut to the same level as the ring, so the only value appears to be closing it up (for those who prefer that way).

I saved the rings, just in case, but I don't expect to need them. I only removed the ones that were loose, since those are the ones that sometimes "creep".

That is all for today.

Twist it, (@stols001) Anna. ;) :p :lol:

Eggrolls_20190216_171843.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread