ego spinner 1300mah failed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i'm so disappointed that this happened..it's the positive contact that is funky..it's loose and I can play with it and make it work on a couple of my vivi's..otherwise it does the 3 or 4 blinks showing a short..i've emailed madvapes to get a new one..hopefully they take care of it it has been only a couple weeks..has anyone else experienced this from a spinner? so far i'm not impressed at the life lol

Last edited:

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
Sorry to hear you have a problem with your spinner. Hope the vendor can make it right. My spinner lasts 2 days or more, I switch between spinner and twist during the day (each one has different flavor clearo). I did test it exclusively one day, spinner use started at 4am, and by 11pm still going. I put it on the charger then, so don't know how much longer it would have gone. I got my spinner from madvapes.

Jester4

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Brampton, Ont
i'm so disappointed that this happened..it's the positive contact that is funky..it's loose and I can play with it and make it work on a couple of my vivi's..otherwise it does the 3 or 4 blinks showing a short..i've emailed canvape to get a new one..hopefully they take care of it it has been only a couple weeks..has anyone else experienced this from a spinner? so far i'm not impressed at the life lol

Canvape has the 1300 spinner? I didn't see it on their site...

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Where I haven't personally own the Spinner as of yet, I plan to because I've heard good reviews. It's possible you just got a dud. I hear similar stories on the Twist. For the most part, both are allegedly pretty good for the price.

i'm so disappointed that this happened..it's the positive contact that is funky..it's loose and I can play with it and make it work on a couple of my vivi's..otherwise it does the 3 or 4 blinks showing a short..i've emailed canvape to get a new one..hopefully they take care of it it has been only a couple weeks..has anyone else experienced this from a spinner? so far i'm not impressed at the life lol

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear you have a problem with your spinner. Hope the vendor can make it right. My spinner lasts 2 days or more, I switch between spinner and twist during the day (each one has different flavor clearo). I did test it exclusively one day, spinner use started at 4am, and by 11pm still going. I put it on the charger then, so don't know how much longer it would have gone. I got my spinner from MadVapes.

yeah the battery life was good when it worked..I got mine from madvapes also..hopefully the warranty process will be easy enough..

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sorry to hear about your Spinner. Do you have a backup pv to last you until Madvapes gets you another one? If not, you can probably find someone near you on ECF who can front you a Twist or something. Good luck.

yeah I have a 1100mah passthrough ego battery and an ego 18650 PV..they both fire at 4.2v and drop as the charge runs out..the 18650 mod though takes forever to drop as it's 2250mah capacity..glad I have the backups! planning on a VAMO also when I get the cash..just sucks as I really really liked the spinner for that extra kick..

kh3ll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Indiana. US
I just received two of the spinner 1300's yesterday. I charged them last night and have been on the same one for over 12 hours now. I can't say that they last two days but if it can get me through 18 hours i'm damn happy. I do wish i could find actual voltage readings though.

The quality seems good on the two i have so hopefully you did get a dud and they'll take care of it.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just received two of the spinner 1300's yesterday. I charged them last night and have been on the same one for over 12 hours now. I can't say that they last two days but if it can get me through 18 hours i'm damn happy. I do wish i could find actual voltage readings though.

The quality seems good on the two i have so hopefully you did get a dud and they'll take care of it.

I put my meter on mine when I had it and the voltage went up very close to the numbers..also there was no set 3.3v-3.8v-4.3v-4.8v..meaning you could set it between 4.3v and 4.8v and end up with 4.5v..which I thought was cool..

yeah I sure hope my new one is a good one..

kh3ll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Indiana. US
I would think it would be replaced given the short life time it had. I finally ran the battery to flashing (yea i know your not supposed to) and it lasted me roughly a day and half.

Though there is a definite difference on the threads on my second one versus the first one i was using. The first one has very smooth and solid threads. The second one they feel kind of gritty and wobbly.

Good luck as i think these 1300 spinners are a good start in the right direction as far as ego batteries go.

warmturkey

Feb 4, 2011
Central Jersey
Mine just broke today and I've only had it for about 2 weeks :( I got out of bed this morning, grabbed it off my night stand with a loaded stardust on it to bring it to the bathroom with me, and just as I was opening my bedroom door, it slipped out of my hand and landed on the only part (1ftx3ft section) of my floor that wasn't carpeted. Hit the hardwood floor right on the bottom dial and then fell on its side which I guess damaged the firing button, leaving it stuck pushed in the on position. I quickly picked it up, tried to turn it off and when I realized I couldn't, I quickly unscrewed my stardust from it. The LED stayed lit for 5 seconds before blinking and shutting off. At first I thought it just wouldn't be able to give a satisfying click any more because I was able to press it five times to shut the battery off, but then no amount of button pushing would turn the thing back on. Didn't think this thing would be so easily broken from a fall of less than 3 feet, but there it is...

Sucks because, Discountvapers where I got it doesn't offer a warranty and even if they did it probably wouldn't cover me dropping the damn thing. Just happy I still have my 2 smoktech 900 mAh ego-t batts to fall back on untill I get a new one.

This thing was fantastic up until now! I vape about 2.5 ml a day, and from an overnight charge it would always last me till at least the next morning, where a 900 mah would need to be charged by dinner time. I got my girlfriend a 1100 mAh twist, and it's Awesome as well, but I like the build of the spinner a little bit better, and the voltage dial, with the easier to read numbers and textured grip, is nicer too.
And being able to adjust the voltage to find the "sweet spot" on different devices and juices was just the cherry on the cake for a $25 battery.

Still, $25 is a lot for me to spend every couple of weeks if the things is fragile enough to break from a 3 ft drop, and when I get another I'm almost positive I will drop it at some point (I got butterfingers). Is there some kinda "battery cozy" or foam/gel case I could wrap this thing up in to give it some protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread