Ego-T is not ready, there are issues ... anyone else have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
OK - thanks for all the responses.

Perhaps I was too harsh in my original post ... so let me put it this way:

The eGo-T I really want to like. When it worked, it was pretty good and although not as good as dripping, it certianly wiped the floor with cartomizers (I will not even mentioned prefilled carts) . I liked the idea, as most of us do, of dumping in a bunch of liquid, popping it on and not bothering for hours on end. And again, when it worked right, it was pretty good.

What the problem is, in my opinion, is the wicking. As I have not taken apart one of these, I have to go by what I read from people of have: loose wicking, burnt wicking, wicking too low, wicking too high, etc.

My eGo-T atty did, after a few weeks of moderate use, start flooding. I never dry burned it (and I would tell everyone this is a bad idea, as you are burning the wick as well). It always had fluid in the tank and as time wore on and my repeated attempts to get it working as it was when via blowing out the atty, there was proof. Half a tank full would come out onto the paper towel I was using... that is just bad and wasted money as far as I am concerned.

After blowing out the atty, it would vape good for a little while, then flood again. Like I said before, this must be the wicking.

I also tried the cleaning techniques with alcohol and/or vodka. This did not help at all, considering the problem is in the wicking and how it is manufactured as opposed to it being dirty.

All this being said, I did order a LR version the other day. Perhaps the problems are fixed or I just got a lame atomizer. My original post was to state that as an experienced user the original eGo-T atomizer is either flawed in design -- which is arguable considering it is still using wicks (WHY!!!>?!?!)!!! -- or I got the worst one ever built.

Thanks for reading!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used my Ego-T now for over a month. Yes, it has a tendency to gurgle and slightly flood right at the end of a cart, but It's still right up there with the best systems I've used. It's better than the mega cylinder, mega cone, CE2, and any of the filler type carts.

Mine is a V2 from Cignot. Maybe some of you have V1. I don't know how to tell the difference between the two. I was just assured that mine was V2.

Since vacuum holds the juice in, it's understandable that the vacuum is weaker when the cart is empty and the bubble gets larger.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
I got to where I could take it apart/clean coil/change wick/prime & reassemble faster then the process I go thru with the CE2's I am using @ moment. & I did all this a lot less often .

... but so back to ego-t's they are totally fixable as long as the atty is still firing ...

so I'm still in the "great NEW product" with hopes of more fine tuning soon, which will only make them better boat !!

Can you tell me where you learned all that.

Copperhead

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
CT
THave I had to fiddle with it? Sure. Do I find that fiddling onerous? No. I wish someone would point me in the direction of the PV that doesn't require maintenance. Don't tell me, "Oh, cartos are the way to go!", or, "Bottom feeders FTW!", or "(Insert PV type/brand/mod here) are so easy to use!"

They all require some upkeep. They all wear out. At some point, they're all going to have "an issue". Such is life.

This is where we part ways...

I'm done fiddling with any of this stuff...and doing any "maintenance"....I'll stick with my 510 cartomizers..

Sure they will wear out...and I'll throw them away....
Sure I'll have duds every now and then....and I'll throw them away...

As long as I can buy a 5 pack for 7 or 8 bucks...I'm not going to do anything but fill it..vape it...and refill it...then throw it out when it no longer performs to my satisfaction...

If someone wants to spend the time messing with this..or any system...have at it...I’m not gonna

The trade off between price and convenience is different for everyone….Personally…using cartomizers..in the manner I do…comes the closest to opening a pack of cigs and lighting up….and at a fraction of the price I was spending smoking….I’m not wasting ANY of my time trying to troubleshoot a product that doesn’t perform to my satisfaction right out of the box…

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
I've used my Ego-T now for over a month. Yes, it has a tendency to gurgle and slightly flood right at the end of a cart, but It's still right up there with the best systems I've used. It's better than the mega cylinder, mega cone, CE2, and any of the filler type carts.

Mine is a V2 from Cignot. Maybe some of you have V1. I don't know how to tell the difference between the two. I was just assured that mine was V2.

Since vacuum holds the juice in, it's understandable that the vacuum is weaker when the cart is empty and the bubble gets larger.

I'll raise your Goldtop with a Buckethead signature model :):2cool:

Anyhow, I think I probably got a lame one .. I really do not know at this point. The wick hungirly sucked the juice onto the atty webbing, thereby resulting in flooding.

I did order another just in case, its an LR and at that point maybe its a V2 ... dunno ... I will find out in a few days and report back.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Can you tell me where you learned all that.
trial & error & By keeping up with that giant ego-t thread & others ...did ya see the PTB wick post

I think the best maintenance for these are no maintenance.....instead just run unflavored juice with the right viscosity thru it daily.

Plenty of flavor as it cleans and a darn good method of moderation.

I did this too & it seems to keep it cleaner longer ...I mixed a little bottle of plain vg & 'bout 10 % vodka works great,I also use it to prime all new or freshly cleaned stuff & in cartos to clean then up some (have you tried the acid blondie cigar juice OMG ! ) or between flavors ....

Last edited:

Fresh81

Aug 31, 2010
Mt Pleasant, MI
OK - thanks for all the responses.

Perhaps I was too harsh in my original post ... so let me put it this way:

The eGo-T I really want to like. When it worked, it was pretty good and although not as good as dripping, it certianly wiped the floor with cartomizers (I will not even mentioned prefilled carts) . I liked the idea, as most of us do, of dumping in a bunch of liquid, popping it on and not bothering for hours on end. And again, when it worked right, it was pretty good.

What the problem is, in my opinion, is the wicking. As I have not taken apart one of these, I have to go by what I read from people of have: loose wicking, burnt wicking, wicking too low, wicking too high, etc.

My eGo-T atty did, after a few weeks of moderate use, start flooding. I never dry burned it (and I would tell everyone this is a bad idea, as you are burning the wick as well). It always had fluid in the tank and as time wore on and my repeated attempts to get it working as it was when via blowing out the atty, there was proof. Half a tank full would come out onto the paper towel I was using... that is just bad and wasted money as far as I am concerned.

After blowing out the atty, it would vape good for a little while, then flood again. Like I said before, this must be the wicking.

I also tried the cleaning techniques with alcohol and/or vodka. This did not help at all, considering the problem is in the wicking and how it is manufactured as opposed to it being dirty.

All this being said, I did order a LR version the other day. Perhaps the problems are fixed or I just got a lame atomizer. My original post was to state that as an experienced user the original eGo-T atomizer is either flawed in design -- which is arguable considering it is still using wicks (WHY!!!>?!?!)!!! -- or I got the worst one ever built.

Thanks for reading!

I've been using 3 atty's in a rotation since late Jan... And just in the last 3-4 days all 3 are having the exact same issues you described... so you def aren't alone! I'm giving up on these for now, I really liked them for the first month of us but the last few days have been as bad or worse than dealing with carts...

I really think this is the future of vaping but it needs a LOT more work

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL

Hi Dave,

On the examples I've seen... the spike has a slightly larger cavity. There aren't many V1's around at this point for sale. Maybe some smaller fringe vendors have them. But the big sites like Cignot are all V2.

Hope that's helpful.

Sun State

Feb 28, 2011
Sunny Florida
I'm with the OP. For about 3 weeks, the ego-t was absolutely perfect. I wanted to rave over it. Then, it went downhill. The weakest point of the ego-t for me was the atties. I didn't run vg, didn't abuse them, I cleaned them almost every day. I finally took the plate off the atties, burned the wick white again, reassembled, checked the wick position and still not worth a crap. They lasted a few days each, some a little more (yes, I see some people have amazing results with theirs) and that's waaay pricey for something that crappy. I switched to cartos and while I have to top them off so much and it's a pain, at least they work, and last several weeks each. I think the e-cig industry is in it's infancy still so all the brands seem to have a ways to go. I'm really looking forward to the next better stage but for now am willing to go pretty far out of my way to make it work and stay off analogs.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I've been saying this since shortly after these Ego T-s have come out but once again I will say it. The tanks should be stainless steel and 3ml's the pin in the Atty needs to be opened up a little bit and the wick and cup need a bit of changing to allow liquid to flow and hold when fired, this would make these things worth while I think, a bit more $$ for the stainless steel tank carts but who cares they would also last a long long time. Somehow they need to tweak these and they have to be able to make them better for all the time and money that was spent on this system.

Then again there is so many junk products being thrown at all of us from overseas that you have to be really careful of what is good and what isnt as well. The testing and QC seems to be lacking on these as far as I'm concerned, they should be able to get them so they vape like a regular 2ohm 510 Atty with tons of flavor and until they do they will stay controversial and in my book not a good product. I took a syringe and even filled right into the needle and tail piped it just like that and even this way is better tasting then with the plastic tank in and filled. Anyway the proper liquid delivery and temp is important with these as well as a tank that doesn't taste like plastic (stainless steel) why don't they use the SS, sales would go down, no one would need to buy the tanks anymore they would be good for just about ever.!

Give us a product that works and last ! this seems to be to much to ask for and they cant make as much money of they do and this they know, hence the every other week another new product comes out, how about building us one great product in a tank Atty ? that everyone would want and buy, this would be the way to go I would think. As for now, in my opinion these Ego-t's suck as is, it seems however they have hope, maybe the builder has heard us, maybe they haven't, let's hope the first.!:)'

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've been using 3 atty's in a rotation since late Jan... And just in the last 3-4 days all 3 are having the exact same issues you described.
How long did you expect them to last? I got a couple of months out of my first two ego-t attys. That seemed fairly reasonable to me. Attys are consumable items. I've had all sorts of attys that died in less time. I've also had some that lasted longer... I feel for the people who have had troubles right from the start, but I don't really understand why someone who had a pretty good experience with them wouldn't just buy replacements. Attys don't last forever.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
How long did you expect them to last? I got a couple of months out of my first two ego-t attys. That seemed fairly reasonable to me. Attys are consumable items. I've had all sorts of attys that died in less time. I've also had some that lasted longer... I feel for the people who have had troubles right from the start, but I don't really understand why someone who had a pretty good experience with them wouldn't just buy replacements. Attys don't last forever.

LR attys are only usually warrented for 7 days, normal ones for just a bit longer. If they last longer than the warrenty then you've had a result.

I'm still using the first attys i ever bought with my riva 901, yes im lucky, the new ones i got taste much nicer so i'll be throwing the old ones away anyway. Once the wick around the coil burns then it never tastes as good. You can clean all you want but hard burnt material just won't wick like fresh material no matter how clean it is, this leads to using more juice to flow it through into the coil, then you're flooding constantly. The ego-t is not ready but it isnt far away, and as soon as its as good or better than my riva901 then i'll make the purchase and switch!

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have 4 eGo-t setting here that I went thru in 4 weeks and they are shot. At 14 to 16 dollars a pop I think I have gave them a fair try. If they come down to 5 dollars each I will try again but not until they do come way down in price. At average price of 15$ that is 60 dollars down the drain. (OUCH) You can buy 30 cartomizers or clearomizers and not have all the problems, and when you throw one out for 2$ ,THATS A GOOD DEAL. But throw out T's for 15 to 18 dollars, that hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread