EHPro Bachelor RTA - single coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Wow the price is ridiculous. Looks like I am stuck ordering from China and I just have to hope it gets here in less then a month or more or at all. Thanks for all the help guys really appreciated.

You really are better off though just rolling your own.

Pro tip... keep one of the factory originals to use as a leg length template.
Or eyeball it, but it's quick and easy to hang both new and old on a mandrel and snip the new legs to length.

:D

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
You really are better off though just rolling your own.

Pro tip... keep one of the factory originals to use as a leg length template.
Or eyeball it, but it's quick and easy to hang both new and old on a mandrel and snip the new legs to length.

Yes, it's nice to be able to use SS or Ti wire, phenominal cost-savings aside. I make my legs 9mm from the bottom of the coil.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
And how do you determine 9mm while holding the coil?

(now that I just recently purchased a digital caliper, perhaps I'll dig one out and measure it :) )

Well, it's a highly technical process ;)

bach_coil_leg1.jpg

There's a second step involving my little sharp wire-cutter, but I couldn't hold it while holding a camera. Then I flip the jig over to do the other leg.

Reactions: Hdivr and MMW

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Well, it's a highly technical process ;)

View attachment 617381

There's a second step involving my little sharp wire-cutter, but I couldn't hold it while holding a camera. Then I flip the jig over to do the other leg.

Yeah... I'm gonna stick with "hang both new and old on a mandrel and snip the legs", but that'll get you pretty close too.

BTW: did you measure a factory coil or is that a different height you prefer?

LadyGrelka

Feb 9, 2015
Oregon
Me and making the coil's don't get along, by the time I get the wire, after using more then I am want to admit, where I want it or rather deciding its close enough because I want to throw it across the room, I have used enough wire for about 4 coils and its no the .5 I want. It also takes forever yesterday I spend 30 min trying to get one coil right, and like I said I never get it right. Making these things is just not my thing and now that I can't have my vape shop do it its just more frustrating. So when I saw the Bachelor tank and saw that it has prebuild coils I was ecstatic, but finding them local where I can get them in less then a month or at all is proving difficult, and every time I have ordered something from China its taken a month or more, one time it took six months for me to get an order, not vape stuff and as we know the US is a big ..... when it comes to vaping. I guess I just have to order from heaven gifts and hope I get them it a reasonable time, hell hope I get them at all. I do not understand why Ehpro does not sell their own products.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Me and making the coil's don't get along, by the time I get the wire, after using more then I am want to admit, where I want it or rather deciding its close enough because I want to throw it across the room, I have used enough wire for about 4 coils and its no the .5 I want. It also takes forever yesterday I spend 30 min trying to get one coil right, and like I said I never get it right.

I honestly wonder if you're being too particular and that's leading to frustration. It's absolutely not necessary to be overly precise in what ohms the coil comes out to. Unless you're going particularly low on a mech mod, a couple tenths either way is easily accommodated on a regulated (VV/VW/TC) mod. Hell, I've had new to me wire type coils I wanted around 0.7 come out near 1.1 (oops), and I love them just the same. The tank itself and juice preference probably dictate more which combos are "perfect" but it's barely a nickel's worth of wick and wire that wasn't going to last forever anyway... experiment. :D

Do you still have some wire to play with, and a tank/RDA to use it in?
And if any of your frustration includes dexterity/mobility/arthritis issues... just ignore the rest. :(

I presume you're not trying to create exotic builds, and rolling a simple coil is really quite easy.
I grab 7-8 inches of wire (way more than enough for a plain coil) having checked how many wraps I'll need to get the ballpark resistance I'm shooting for (given the wire gauge and inner diameter I want to use).

Then twist that bad boy up. :)

Here's the pro-tip...
Hot spots are a pain, and they're associated almost entirely with "contact" coils where the wraps are touching. I prefer SS in TC most of the time and that is far, far easier with "spaced" coils, so that's all I roll in simple coils no matter the wire type. And they're the easiest thing to do...
Roll the number of wraps you want and snip the legs so they're positioned correctly (full or half wrap), then gently pull the coil out to a couple/three times its' length (like a spring) with nice even spacing... then press the coil back down a few times, flipping it so you come at it from both ends.

That's it... you'll have a perfectly "lightly spaced" simple coil. And Bob's your uncle. :D

(Matched coils for a dual coil build are simple too... just roll two wires "parallel", without stretching, and "unscrew" them one from another afterwards... instant matched coils. :p

Now... wicking, on the other hand. That's the hard part to get just so, and I suck at it. :mad:

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I don't think I will be sticking with this tank, it leaks like a siv, even with the juice flow closed. Have to say that after how good the Morph tank I was expecting better from ehpro.

While mine will "wet the bed" unexpectedly when I seriously under-wick them, they don't leak.

And I know for a fact that my JFCs work... I tend to prove it to myself, accidentally, at least twice a week. By forgetting to reopen it after a refill. :rolleyes:

Shows each time that temp control is functioning too... as the vapor drops off and I frantically look for a mod mis-adjustment, until I notice the damn JFC... again. :D

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I don't think I will be sticking with this tank, it leaks like a siv, even with the juice flow closed. Have to say that after how good the Morph tank I was expecting better from ehpro.

If it is leaking like a sieve, I'd go back to the vendor because none that I have do anything like it. For me, if something can leak it will. I do get the occasional squirt of juice from the airflow holes, random bursts of juice for no reason that I can discern.

But wholesale leaking? None. Have it replaced.

LadyGrelka

Feb 9, 2015
Oregon
While mine will "wet the bed" unexpectedly when I seriously under-wick them, they don't leak.

And I know for a fact that my JFCs work... I tend to prove it to myself, accidentally, at least twice a week. By forgetting to reopen it after a refill. :rolleyes:

Shows each time that temp control is functioning too... as the vapor drops off and I frantically look for a mod mis-adjustment, until I notice the damn JFC... again. :D

But wholesale leaking? None. Have it replaced.[/QUOTE]
Both tanks I got leak, and I got them from eciggity and used the coils that came with them, checked all o-rings and everything seems fine.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Both tanks I got leak, and I got them from eciggity and used the coils that came with them, checked all o-rings and everything seems fine.

I agree that the o-ring situation is bad, though I haven't had to track down an issue with them myself... yet. Or shred one on reassembly.

Just yesterday I was doing a quick rinse of one in the sink and one of the last things to happen was as I finished with the main tank, sloshing it under the tap... the upper coil chamber ring popped out.

And landed in my palm. :eek:

Whew. :oops:

But I really should take a good look at mine to see if I have any of that "press-fit base" situation (ala the Merlin). Any chance you've got some of that yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread