The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

EHPro Bachelor RTA - single coil

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Btsmokincat, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    If everything seems fine and all o-rings are in place, there's really only one variable left, wicking.

2. Jim_ MDP

Jim_ MDP Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    I haven't looked at one of mine in a loooong time, but I have the impression of remembering them as being almost as overly wicked as I would do myself. :D

(sorry... that sentence got away from me. can't be arsed to rewrite it. :) )

3. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Ha! I understand the writing method, I do the same most times.

Yep, I use 3.5mm ID and stuff 7mm wide cotton into the coil. Didn't always keep it from squirting, but it was mostly reliable.
    I've moved on to the OBS Engine. Absolutely dry, not even condensation. May never get another tank.

Who am I kidding? There's always something...

• Like Like x 2
  4. vincom

vincom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    bolton, ontario,canada
    mine after almost a year started leaking/weeping. i wick w/rayon and always have thinned the tails to the extreme.
    changed out the orings, the 2 that go around rba head, when screwing down the tank portion i noticed that it wasnt touching the base as it was b4 w/the old orings, if i maybe torgue it down real hard maybe it will but all leaks have gone, dry as a bone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. vincom

vincom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    bolton, ontario,canada
    odd thing is the old ones looked fine, but over all too skinny imo, they needed a better oring in size/thickness as to be able to torque down the tank to get a better compression fit.
    if it fails again i might test out teflon tape lol or find beefer orings at hardware store

6. sketch804

sketch804 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Ya mine started to weep a bit after some prolonged use but the base always fit flush together. I just haven't had time to fiddle with it and change the Orings out. Glad to see others still using them.

7. ashtrayogdc

ashtrayogdc Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    This worked a treat! Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 2
  8. ashtrayogdc

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Only thing I noticed is that it makes the JFC much tighter but besides that no weeping at all and vaping great.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LadyGrelka

LadyGrelka Full Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Oregon
    Well, looks like I am going to be having to get new tanks, went to take one of my Bachelor tanks apart to try what JeremyR said about the chamber and the tank shattered, that is the third tank that has broken when trying to take the tanks apart, just seems like its more trouble then its worth, first the leaking, then the breaking tanks and one of the tanks the top where you open to fill is lose and no way to tighten it. I like how easy it is to install the coils but after all these problems I am moving on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ashtrayogdc

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    That really sucks. Vape bands are very handy to get a good grip and twist them apart.

I personally never had any problems taking the Bachelor apart, but some tanks are worse than others.

11. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    You should drop into the OBS Engine Nano thread here. Excellent single coil tank.

12. JeremyR

JeremyR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    Hey guys, update!!

OK now I really fixed it! Last fix didn't last

This fix is good a friend has been using it for a month and no leaks, weeping, seeping between tank and base.

When you get it apart you have to separate the chamber pieces. The rotating juice control piece Inside the chamber. There is an oring between those pieces. This is where the problem was.

I replaced the oring, or just cleaned it don't remember and hammered it back together been golden!

• Like Like x 2
  13. JeremyR

JeremyR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    Bummer, don't know if you know but the trick is to use the needle nose pliers inserted in the fill holes to hold the top portion then you got enough grip to loosen the glass by hand.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ashtrayogdc

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Are you talking about the oring that sits above the coil base?

Definitely have to keep an eye on that one. I haven't had any problems at all using the fix from before so far.

15. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Has anyone tried the bachelor 2?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Meant to, other tanks got in the way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. man00ver

man00ver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    Yes, I bought a pair of those Bachelor IIs, and they're great for dual-coil. They're post-less like the original Bachelor, but the leg-length is different: I cut the Bach II legs at 6mm from the bottom of the coils, rather than the 9mm legs I use for the single-coil Bachelor. Another build difference: there's a containment ring that screws on after wicking, after which you stuff the wick ends down the juice channels (I use a jeweler's flat screwdriver for this).

Once that's done, it's pretty much bulletproof. It feeds juice using micro-pores rather than a JFC, and the sliding top-fill works great. Never had a leak. Of course I've never had a leak with a Bachelor I either, so I might be charmed.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ashtrayogdc

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Blah mine started weeping again. I checked the chamber and it is still very flush from when I hammered it down so idk ... it is now.

I'm thinking it's the oring at the very bottom of coil base. Gonna try what @vincom is talking about and use a beefier oring there.

I would like to try the second step that @JeremyR is talking about but I don't quite understand how I am too pull apart the chamber, or where this oring is that he is talking about. Could you go into more detail Jeremy and explain how to pull apart that chamber to get to the oring?

19. ashtrayogdc

Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Just wanna say it's kind of ridiculous to have to go through all this stuff just to get a tank working, alas I know we are used to it. I do enjoy this one a lot, it's got the perfect restrictive lung hit I enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    I loved this tank for a while.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.