EHPro Bachelor RTA - single coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
If everything seems fine and all o-rings are in place, there's really only one variable left, wicking.

I haven't looked at one of mine in a loooong time, but I have the impression of remembering them as being almost as overly wicked as I would do myself. :D

(sorry... that sentence got away from me. can't be arsed to rewrite it. :) )

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I haven't looked at one of mine in a loooong time, but I have the impression of remembering them as being almost as overly wicked as I would do myself. :D

(sorry... that sentence got away from me. can't be arsed to rewrite it. :) )

Ha! I understand the writing method, I do the same most times.

Yep, I use 3.5mm ID and stuff 7mm wide cotton into the coil. Didn't always keep it from squirting, but it was mostly reliable.
I've moved on to the OBS Engine. Absolutely dry, not even condensation. May never get another tank.

Who am I kidding? There's always something...

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
mine after almost a year started leaking/weeping. i wick w/rayon and always have thinned the tails to the extreme.
changed out the orings, the 2 that go around rba head, when screwing down the tank portion i noticed that it wasnt touching the base as it was b4 w/the old orings, if i maybe torgue it down real hard maybe it will but all leaks have gone, dry as a bone

bachelor_rta_gap.jpg

bachelor_rta_gap1.jpg

Reactions: man00ver

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
mine after almost a year started leaking/weeping. i wick w/rayon and always have thinned the tails to the extreme.
changed out the orings, the 2 that go around rba head, when screwing down the tank portion i noticed that it wasnt touching the base as it was b4 w/the old orings, if i maybe torgue it down real hard maybe it will but all leaks have gone, dry as a bone

bachelor_rta_gap.jpg

bachelor_rta_gap1.jpg
odd thing is the old ones looked fine, but over all too skinny imo, they needed a better oring in size/thickness as to be able to torque down the tank to get a better compression fit.
if it fails again i might test out teflon tape lol or find beefer orings at hardware store

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I've got my bachelor back in use after its been on the shelf a few months and it does vape well.

Found out why it was weeping, and the likely cause of everyone's weep. (The orings recommended didn't do it for mine, made no difference. )

The Chamber portion with the threads and juice control sleeve is pressed in. I found this out early after it popped off when I dropped it like a week after getting it. I popped it back on and all seemed well except the weep. I didn't think or realize that it needed to need pressed in tightly to seal.

You may be able to get it tapped in while the tank is assembled, it's pretty strong from that angle, but you'll probably want to get the camber out of the glass for this if possible.. Yeah it was tough, the only way I could get it apart was take the seal off the top and use needle nose pliers in the two fill holes, then you can get enough grip to get it apart with a twist without breaking it.

So when you get the chamber out, using a socket that sits on the sleeve lip above the threads, hammer it in tight, or use a vice, or even just a screwdriver hammered around that lip to get it seated tight was the easiest.

I haven't had a weep in 3 days. Completely dry, a dry bachelor! I can't even get it to leak if I try.

Now as it gets banged around in use it may loosen up again, but it can be reseated again.

So if you want your bachelor usable again try it.

This worked a treat! Thanks so much!

LadyGrelka

Feb 9, 2015
Oregon
Well, looks like I am going to be having to get new tanks, went to take one of my Bachelor tanks apart to try what JeremyR said about the chamber and the tank shattered, that is the third tank that has broken when trying to take the tanks apart, just seems like its more trouble then its worth, first the leaking, then the breaking tanks and one of the tanks the top where you open to fill is lose and no way to tighten it. I like how easy it is to install the coils but after all these problems I am moving on.

Reactions: JeremyR

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, looks like I am going to be having to get new tanks, went to take one of my Bachelor tanks apart to try what JeremyR said about the chamber and the tank shattered, that is the third tank that has broken when trying to take the tanks apart, just seems like its more trouble then its worth, first the leaking, then the breaking tanks and one of the tanks the top where you open to fill is lose and no way to tighten it. I like how easy it is to install the coils but after all these problems I am moving on.

You should drop into the OBS Engine Nano thread here. Excellent single coil tank.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
This worked a treat! Thanks so much!

Hey guys, update!!

OK now I really fixed it! Last fix didn't last

This fix is good a friend has been using it for a month and no leaks, weeping, seeping between tank and base.

When you get it apart you have to separate the chamber pieces. The rotating juice control piece Inside the chamber. There is an oring between those pieces. This is where the problem was.

I replaced the oring, or just cleaned it don't remember and hammered it back together been golden!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

Bummer, don't know if you know but the trick is to use the needle nose pliers inserted in the fill holes to hold the top portion then you got enough grip to loosen the glass by hand.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hey guys, update!!

OK now I really fixed it! Last fix didn't last

This fix is good a friend has been using it for a month and no leaks, weeping, seeping between tank and base.

When you get it apart you have to separate the chamber pieces. The rotating juice control piece Inside the chamber. There is an oring between those pieces. This is where the problem was.

I replaced the oring, or just cleaned it don't remember and hammered it back together been golden!
Are you talking about the oring that sits above the coil base?

Definitely have to keep an eye on that one. I haven't had any problems at all using the fix from before so far.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Has anyone tried the bachelor 2?
Yes, I bought a pair of those Bachelor IIs, and they're great for dual-coil. They're post-less like the original Bachelor, but the leg-length is different: I cut the Bach II legs at 6mm from the bottom of the coils, rather than the 9mm legs I use for the single-coil Bachelor. Another build difference: there's a containment ring that screws on after wicking, after which you stuff the wick ends down the juice channels (I use a jeweler's flat screwdriver for this).

Once that's done, it's pretty much bulletproof. It feeds juice using micro-pores rather than a JFC, and the sliding top-fill works great. Never had a leak. Of course I've never had a leak with a Bachelor I either, so I might be charmed.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Blah mine started weeping again. I checked the chamber and it is still very flush from when I hammered it down so idk wtf it is now.

I'm thinking it's the oring at the very bottom of coil base. Gonna try what @vincom is talking about and use a beefier oring there.

I would like to try the second step that @JeremyR is talking about but I don't quite understand how I am too pull apart the chamber, or where this oring is that he is talking about. Could you go into more detail Jeremy and explain how to pull apart that chamber to get to the oring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread