Status
Not open for further replies.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I have had the regular sized bachelor tank for about 2 weeks. Ive only had a leaking issue once. I saw a tip somewhere to close the juice control before putting it away for the night. I do that now, and take a few hits with the juice control off to dry up the wick a bit. So far its been working and I havent had any leaking issues since...

The only issue I've been having is popping and spitting. I am using the prebuilt 0.5ohm coil and have it set to 35w, which is the highest I like to go.

How can I stop the popping and spitting?

I have no experience with the stock coils, but usually when that happens it means the wick is a little too loose. Try a little more cotton (or whatever you use).

Yes... I am the summoner.

Oops, I meant... I AM THE SUMMONER !!1!1! ELEVENTY !!111!!

:p

Ok... yes, I'll work something out if you'd like.
I'm curious to see if it's your evil JuJu or not. ;)

But it'll have to wait 36 hours or so... I'm pressing my luck with the Single Malt.
It's got the upper hand... for now. :confused:

PM me a reminder and we'll get it done. It sounds like there's no fixing it for you though. :(

Sorry for the late reply. My back gave out the other day and I can hardly sit behind my desk at the moment. I've had this before though, should be better in a couple of days. I'll send you a pm when I can type again without moaning and grunting.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Sorry for the late reply. My back gave out the other day and I can hardly sit behind my desk at the moment. I've had this before though, should be better in a couple of days. I'll send you a pm when I can type again without moaning and grunting.

That pain sounds familiar (burst discs here)... hang in there. :(

Mild hangover (not bad) and then 10 hours lost to an anti-virus scan (that was bad) and I'm back and wondering if I misread whatever you quoted Tuesday as P2P shipping between us.

Nope... just re-read it. I'm trying to justify the cost (or even believe it) just to satisfy my curiosity, and believe me, it's pretty high.

Your failure rate, from at least two suppliers, is either a statistical anomaly, or you live in high pressure in an evil underground lair (never trust the Dutch :p ).

We can see if there's a workable middle ground or I'll have to renege on the offer. :(

Meanwhile I awake to the news' ear shattering pronunciation of "Hermine" (a word/name never uttered in American English... when we could have had "Hermione" (sorry JK). :p

Reactions: OhTheAgony

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
had mine for about 2 months, i open her up about twice aweek sometimes more to either change and/or readjust wick.

orings still look good and no leaks.
i do fully insert base/bottoms out into body b4 i start screwing it back on, if that helps idk.
i dont like the small screws/heads that tighten coil. getting coils to drop in could be tricky at times.

other than that its a fairly good device espicially at ~$22 us when i bought it on sale.
i wanna try the new genni style tanks that are coming out, they seem to work fairly easy and provide a good juicy vape by the reviews ive been seeing, just waiting for the right one.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeremyR

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
That pain sounds familiar (burst discs here)... hang in there. :(

Mild hangover (not bad) and then 10 hours lost to an anti-virus scan (that was bad) and I'm back and wondering if I misread whatever you quoted Tuesday as P2P shipping between us.

Nope... just re-read it. I'm trying to justify the cost (or even believe it) just to satisfy my curiosity, and believe me, it's pretty high.

Your failure rate, from at least two suppliers, is either a statistical anomaly, or you live in high pressure in an evil underground lair (never trust the Dutch :p ).

We can see if there's a workable middle ground or I'll have to renege on the offer. :(

Meanwhile I awake to the news' ear shattering pronunciation of "Hermine" (a word/name never uttered in American English... when we could have had "Hermione" (sorry JK). :p

I'm not completely healed yet but I should be able to go to the post-office soon now, pm on the way!

Jimssss

Sep 15, 2016
Roxy, here's the base section after I took it off last night. I left it sitting on my kitchen counter. Then I saw your post and figured I'd upload these. Sorry for junk quality images.
View attachment 533281 View attachment 533282 View attachment 533283 View attachment 533284

As far as I can see, my wicking is spot on. My seals are all good, too.... and that's after replacing that deep chimney seal.

My statement is unchanged. This tank is now a paper weight.
press the wick in so it is not sticking out, yes use lots of cotton, but it needs to be flush with the wick holes, if it is sticking out it will get smooshed down into the o ring at the base, ask any plumber, o rings wont seal if theirs stuff smooshed on them. am i making sense here? i'll take a pic next build and show you if u need.

Last edited:

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
press the wick in so it is not sticking out, yes use lots of cotton, but it needs to be flush with the wick holes, if it is sticking out it will get smooshed down into the o ring at the base, ask any plumber, o rings wont seal if theirs stuff smooshed on them. am i making sense here? i'll take a pic next build and show you if u need.

No need. I sold the tank to a guy to use for spare parts.

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Sigh...so where is the best place to get replacement glass for the nano version? It seems a bit tougher to track down without being more than half the price of the addy for one glass. Mine shattered in my hand while trying to remove it from the base, but the odd thing is the replacement that came with it is so much easier to remove.

Thanks much.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've got my bachelor back in use after its been on the shelf a few months and it does vape well.

Found out why it was weeping, and the likely cause of everyone's weep. (The orings recommended didn't do it for mine, made no difference. )

The Chamber portion with the threads and juice control sleeve is pressed in. I found this out early after it popped off when I dropped it like a week after getting it. I popped it back on and all seemed well except the weep. I didn't think or realize that it needed to need pressed in tightly to seal.

You may be able to get it tapped in while the tank is assembled, it's pretty strong from that angle, but you'll probably want to get the camber out of the glass for this if possible.. Yeah it was tough, the only way I could get it apart was take the seal off the top and use needle nose pliers in the two fill holes, then you can get enough grip to get it apart with a twist without breaking it.

So when you get the chamber out, using a socket that sits on the sleeve lip above the threads, hammer it in tight, or use a vice, or even just a screwdriver hammered around that lip to get it seated tight was the easiest.

I haven't had a weep in 3 days. Completely dry, a dry bachelor! I can't even get it to leak if I try.

Now as it gets banged around in use it may loosen up again, but it can be reseated again.

So if you want your bachelor usable again try it.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I also had immediate issue with resistance reading high. The copper 510 pin was oxidized on the inside surface.. Pulled it and scraped it off, also used a small flat screwdriver to clean the internal copper. Apparently all that leaking caused corrosion and a bad connection. . Another reason I put it up was the res issues and poor vaping as a result.

I also tapped the pin on the top cap in tighter an the cap fits nice and snug now.

It's really vaping well, been draining the tanks like crazy the last few days, with no weeping.

Reactions: vincom

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Probably because it never sits in your tank, you vape it faster than it can leak. :)

You've got the holy grail bachelor, one of the senior assemblers must have put yours together. Lol

No it's vaping great though. It never had anything to do with the wicking on mine, it was for sure the sleeve. I'm sure others even got them new that weren't seated fully, they can't have the greatest quality control.

Glad to have it back, it's like getting a new tank again.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
No it's not some special "Holy Grail" it's how they usually work.
I've had no issues with my early run full size nor my two Nanos, though I don't know if the press fit design is used there as well.

Reading these new posts, I just now grabbed my half full OG sitting on my VT75 for... oh, lets say a week (though it's surely been longer) and there's been no seeping as it sat unused, as usual.

I'm glad to hear it's possibly just an annoying design choice, like the v1/v1.5 Merlins, but I really don't think it's the majority of delivered tanks.

I did notice though, just a couple weeks ago, that with a much lighter wicking in one of my Nanos (for the added bit of power headroom) that I had to lock down the JFC quite severely to prevent seepage. but that was all and I attribute it to my normal heavy hand with the cotton. :D

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I just ordered a few of these tanks today, and if I have to I am sure I can build the coils but you mentioned that you can buy them prebuilt, I looked at Ehpro's site and saw a few but not sure which ones I need for this tank, can you drop a link for the prebuilt coils for this tank, that would be great, thanks!

That's interesting, I haven't thought about those in six moths or so.

Being a "postless" design, the coil legs just drop into a couple holes in the deck and get tightened down.
Someone, somewhere, was selling factory coils. It may have been Eciggity, I really don't recall.

In fact, when it originally debuted, we speculated in this thread what kind of coils might become available. The idea, and it seemed to be an EHPro selling point for the tank, was that because they're wicked "naked" coils without a body, they'd retail for about a buck apiece.

Can't say anything came of the idea, and I haven't heard anything or come across them except that once I can't remember the vendor name for.

I don't think any of us care anymore, it's just too easy to roll one up and pop it in. But if you feel like looking, I'd try VapeCrawler first to see who's selling the tanks, then check those sites to see if they carry whatever coils were eventually released (I think it was just an SS or Kanthal/NiChrome and a Nickel, same as come with the tank in the factory box).

I guess I've received six (two with each tank) and only ever used the non-TC from the first tank. It's a big fatty we refer to as "The Paperclip". :D

Last edited:

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I have a couple tubes of WTF Comp Coils, they're pretty small. Because of the wide span between the legholes on the Bachelor I'm not sure if they'd be a good fit, I haven't tried to be honest.

Looks like Heaven Gifts has the factory packs...

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ehpro-Bachelor-ROC-Coil.html

I'd shop for a domestic vendor, but even being China (and I haven't used HG myself) I was surprised to see the 10 pack for only $2.20. Pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread