Ehpro kayfun gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I just got a new ehpro kayfun lite plus yesterday. I have been having problems with filling it and after a real good look I found the problem.

The chimney isn't sealing with the top cap and is leaving a small (but noticeable) gap. I really don't think the place I got it from will help me out, and was wondering if there's a way to fix this my self.

Inside the top cap there's a o-ring to meet the chimney, but it's a hair to short. Any help is welcomed!

Sent from behind the tree in your yard using instant pestering

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
That is an odd situation. If you have a dial caliper, I'd love to know a few measurements... to see if I can identify the component(s) that are mis-machined. Just curious. ;-)

You can unscrew the chimney a bit, to extend it into the top cap o-ring (find an o-ring to space it so it doesn't screw back down when you install the top cap)... or you can buy a inexpensive nano tank tube. They are typically 26mm in length vs. the stock tube set which should be 34mm in length - the chimney tube will then go through the o-ring and extend into the top cap.

The link is for example only... not necessarily the cheapest one available.

Addendum: Forgot to mention... if you go the "unscrew the chimney a bit" route, place your spacer between chimney lower tube and "funnel" tube. If you place a spacer, especially an o-ring, between the build deck and the chimney lower tube, you could block the juice channels.

Last edited:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I think the chimney is to short. I don't have a good way to measure, but I have a picture uploadfromtaptalk1397061022879.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397061034181.jpg

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Stupid question but are you certain your tom and bottom caps are both screwed down all the way? I have 5 EHPRO KFL+ clones and they have all been perfect.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. I tired filling it about 15 times last night. Took it apart each time.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I think the chimney is to short. I don't have a good way to measure, but I have a picture
OK... I'm confused, and I'm not sure we're on the same page here. The photos are too dark where it matters to see clearly the position of the tube relative to the top cap and o-ring.

It "appears" as though the chimney tube does extend through it's sealing o-ring... so I'm not clear on the gap you refer to.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
View attachment 324466 is this a little easier to see?
Yep... thank you for taking a new photo. I can see it clearly now. You are correct... another .040"~.060" longer tube would do the trick. So, we're back to us being on the same page, and my original advice would apply. ;-)

It's too bad the vendor you got it from won't stand behind it, but then I don't know the circumstances of that.

Let us know what you come up with... and I hope you get it corrected.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Yep... thank you for taking a new photo. I can see it clearly now. You are correct... another .040"~.060" longer tube would do the trick. So, we're back to us being on the same page, and my original advice would apply. ;-)

It's too bad the vendor you got it from won't stand behind it, but then I don't know the circumstances of that.

Let us know what you come up with... and I hope you get it corrected.

I asked them about a possible fix on Facebook and they wanted some pics but I haven't heard back yet.

What if I keep the top chimney part a little loose and what I tighten the top cap on it threads down more? I'm new to kayfuns, but I know that it works off a vacuum seal. As long as the top cap and base are tight, that should do the trick.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I have the same EHPro and I just looked at mine. You are infact short by about a mm or two. You should not see the O-ring at all around the top of the chimney. If you dont mind take some photos of the chimney top and the tube that it screws into. If you can measure the length of those two pieces and I can compare the measurements to mine.

Can do! Unfortunately I don't have anything to measure with, but I'll post more pics.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I asked them about a possible fix on Facebook and they wanted some pics but I haven't heard back yet.

What if I keep the top chimney part a little loose and what I tighten the top cap on it threads down more? I'm new to kayfuns, but I know that it works off a vacuum seal. As long as the top cap and base are tight, that should do the trick.
Problem with that, is when you tighten down the top cap, it may screw the chimney down with it. You could fit the entire chimney into the top cap... just enough to seal well in the o-ring, and do your fill/refill at the fill screw, rather than the top.

I'm guessing... an o-ring from some old clearomizer tank, if you have one laying around, would probably space the chimney up, sufficient to seal.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I have the same EHPro and I just looked at mine. You are infact short by about a mm or two. You should not see the O-ring at all around the top of the chimney. If you dont mind take some photos of the chimney top and the tube that it screws into. If you can measure the length of those two pieces and I can compare the measurements to mine.

uploadfromtaptalk1397067050134.jpg I forgot I had a ruler with my gun stuff. uploadfromtaptalk1397067082465.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397067104121.jpg Don't know if you can see but the chimney isn't touching the top cap o ring at all. A mm or two to short. It did come with extra o rings so maybe I can lift the chimney up enough to get a seal.

DeepSix

Oct 21, 2013
Canada
I just measured my top cap (piece with the chimney smoke stack), and yours looks a little different than mine, but we have the same length for the smoke stack...aprox 13 mm from the top of cone to the top of the smoke stack... when i place the smoke stack piece on a table and measure the total height of just the conical smoke stack piece (not attached to the tube) mine is 21 mm tall.

I assembled my atty to look like yours in pic 2, and I have about 4mm of the stack protruding above the outer tank. I am wondering, what is the height of the tube that the smoke stack screws onto...by the looks of your pic, your smokestack is sitting a little too low.

Last edited:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I just measured my top cap (piece with the chimney smoke stack), and yours looks a little different than mine, but we have the same length for the smoke stack...aprox 13 mm from the top of cone to the top of the smoke stack... when i place the smoke stack piece on a table and measure the total height of just the conical smoke stack piece (not attached to the tube) mine is 21 mm tall.

I assembled my atty to look like yours in pic 2, and I have about 4mm of the stack protruding above the outer tank. I am wondering, what is the height of the tube that the smoke stack screws onto...by the looks of your pic, your smokestack is sitting a little too low.

Would you like me to measure the bottom and top of the chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread