Ehpro kayfun gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepSix

Oct 21, 2013
Canada
I think that you were given the wrong smokestack.

My smokestack when threaded onto the cylinder measures approx 33 mm. As seen in your last photo, your short two mm.

You could as a temporary fix, place orings on the base where the cylinder threads on to raise it up 2mm. You would have to find orings that are somewhat tight and also provide the clearance. You would have to be careful to ensure that you do not over tighten the smokestack assembly such that you leave air gaps or worse, plug the juice channels.

Can you contact the vendor to get a replacement? If not, ya may have to resort to finding vendors that sell parts. The o ring trick may work...unless you can get someone with some metal skills to make another sleeve for you. Better yet, the plastic smokestack kit maybe a cheap alternative...but if your like me, I would be leary of plastic that close to the coil...heat and plastic are not a good mix.

Hopefully you can get this sorted out...it does vape really good when it works. I am debating on getting another one. I have a real russian91 on order (coming in the mail), but I am receiving the version that has the spring loaded connection pin...not too happy either, especially since the vendor I purchased it from marketed it with the impression it has the old v1 connection pin. Time will tell if they will send me the new pin...but I digress...

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
I think that you were given the wrong smokestack.

My smokestack when threaded onto the cylinder measures approx 33 mm. As seen in your last photo, your short two mm.

You could as a temporary fix, place orings on the base where the cylinder threads on to raise it up 2mm. You would have to find orings that are somewhat tight and also provide the clearance. You would have to be careful to ensure that you do not over tighten the smokestack assembly such that you leave air gaps or worse, plug the juice channels.

Can you contact the vendor to get a replacement? If not, ya may have to resort to finding vendors that sell parts. The o ring trick may work...unless you can get someone with some metal skills to make another sleeve for you. Better yet, the plastic smokestack kit maybe a cheap alternative...but if your like me, I would be leary of plastic that close to the coil...heat and plastic are not a good mix.

Hopefully you can get this sorted out...it does vape really good when it works. I am debating on getting another one. I have a real russian91 on order (coming in the mail), but I am receiving the version that has the spring loaded connection pin...not too happy either, especially since the vendor I purchased it from marketed it with the impression it has the old v1 connection pin. Time will tell if they will send me the new pin...but I digress...

The vendor Facebooked me back and asked if everything is tighten down (Um yeah!) and if that's not the case to check/replace the o rings. It came with four extras and a small black one (fill hole maybe) and a clear one for the drip tip. I'll pull out the build, clean it up real nice and look, but in my mind, if it's to short replacing the o rings when make much of a change.

I'll see what I can do, but I think is bad.

Sent from behind the tree in your yard using instant pestering

DeepSix

Oct 21, 2013
Canada
No problem....

If your cleaning and rebuilding does not fix the issue, you may need to add an oring or two to the base where the smokestack cylinder screws on covering the coil. The oring would raise up that section so that you get the clearance. I have a feeling you may have to hunt for an oring at an auto parts store to get one, it will be a size that is not among your spares.

If you use one that is too small, the oring will stretch and/or tear.

I hope ya get it all figured out! More importantly, the vendor should be sending you the replacement parts, I think that your smokestack is not the right size. I think it is for a different clone and that is what is causing your issue.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Just show them all the pictures, if they don't help, then they've lost a customer.
I've got a couple extras as I use nano, so if they don't help you I can send you the proper ones.
Pm me if you need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That's awesome! I'm still playing with it, but I hope they will step up and fix it.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
No problem....

If your cleaning and rebuilding does not fix the issue, you may need to add an oring or two to the base where the smokestack cylinder screws on covering the coil. The oring would raise up that section so that you get the clearance. I have a feeling you may have to hunt for an oring at an auto parts store to get one, it will be a size that is not among your spares.

If you use one that is too small, the oring will stretch and/or tear.

I hope ya get it all figured out! More importantly, the vendor should be sending you the replacement parts, I think that your smokestack is not the right size. I think it is for a different clone and that is what is causing your issue.

Same here. I cleaned it all out, put on the full plastic tank (So I can see better) and it's still not sealing at the top. I have no idea if they (vendor) will fix it, but I can try the o ring on the coil chimney. That would be the best way to fix this. I'm going to send them some new pictures and see what they say. If they cant/won't help me fix their product, I'll take my money some where that can.

MotoMudder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Sumner, WA
Wouldn't be a problem, at least it'd get used if you end up needing it.

I'd put the o ring at the base of the.... smoke stack I think, the bigger one. But only if the o ring fits perfect and didn't news with the juice channels. Up top I'd be worried about the heat from the coil melting it.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Wouldn't be a problem, at least it'd get used if you end up needing it.

I'd put the o ring at the base of the.... smoke stack I think, the bigger one. But only if the o ring fits perfect and didn't news with the juice channels. Up top I'd be worried about the heat from the coil melting it.

Good point. I have some Halo triton tanks and the drip tip has a o ring that might fit it perfectly. I'll post what I come up with.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I wouldn't worry to much about heat if you use a quality o-ring... most are designed to tolerate in excess of 200°F. Even the Buna-N series of low cost rubber o-rings, will take -40 to 212° and silicone can go double that. The surrounding juice absorbs heat and transfers it into the atty body... I doubt the chimney sees 150°.

As I said in my first post and again repeated by MotoMudder... an o-ring, if installed on the chimney base may block the juice channels. I guess if it does... you'll know it fairly quickly. :laugh:

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Hey guys, we'll I did the o ring between the chimneys and it worked! I have a .9-1.0 build in it with some peach cobbler and it's great. Not one drop from the air hole and the top fill method worked perfectly. I didn't lose one drop of that liquid gold! Thanks you guys so much for all the help, and your patience with a newb.

Just one question, does it take long for the wick to soak up? I take longer hits usually one after another. Do I have to give it a minute to soak up more or am I good to "chain vape"?

MotoMudder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Sumner, WA
Hey guys, we'll I did the o ring between the chimneys and it worked! I have a .9-1.0 build in it with some peach cobbler and it's great. Not one drop from the air hole and the top fill method worked perfectly. I didn't lose one drop of that liquid gold! Thanks you guys so much for all the help, and your patience with a newb.

Just one question, does it take long for the wick to soak up? I take longer hits usually one after another. Do I have to give it a minute to soak up more or am I good to "chain vape"?

Glad you got it working, I'd still be after the proper parts, but least you can vape it.

As far as the timing, that depends on your wick setup, juice, and how long your pulls are.
But in my case I can chain vape for the most part, I'm still playing with wick setups to find what I like best. Which is what you should do. Find what works best for your scenario.

MotoMudder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Sumner, WA
I'm using cotton now, but I might try silica next time. I do about 10 sec pulls with a 50/50 juice. I'm getting decent vapor, but a little more would be nice. Maybe next time I'll go sub, maybe duel if I can get good at builds.

Your not gonna get huge clouds from a Kayfun, but more is always a possibility. Twisted wire I have found to perform great for me.

alphanumeric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Orange County
I'm using cotton now, but I might try silica next time. I do about 10 sec pulls with a 50/50 juice. I'm getting decent vapor, but a little more would be nice. Maybe next time I'll go sub, maybe duel if I can get good at builds.

Definitely experiment with it, but I think it depends more on the style of wick you build and its positioning. I would experiment with that first before you move on to another coil setup.
Dual coils like the double barrel coil are fun, but I've found them to restrict air flow a bit and they produce quite a warm-hot vape (30+ ga kanthal). 28ga seems to work fine without getting too hot but they take a while to heat up at first.
I havent drilled out the airholes or anything so I would imagine it would help a bit.

As long as you arent getting any dry hits from your long pulls, it sounds like its wicking just fine. If not, just prime it every once in a while by covering the airhole and airflow control hole (if you took the screw out)

Hope this helps.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Definitely experiment with it, but I think it depends more on the style of wick you build and its positioning. I would experiment with that first before you move on to another coil setup.
Dual coils like the double barrel coil are fun, but I've found them to restrict air flow a bit and they produce quite a warm-hot vape (30+ ga kanthal). 28ga seems to work fine without getting too hot but they take a while to heat up at first.
I havent drilled out the airholes or anything so I would imagine it would help a bit.

As long as you arent getting any dry hits from your long pulls, it sounds like its wicking just fine. If not, just prime it every once in a while by covering the airhole and airflow control hole (if you took the screw out)

Hope this helps.

It sure does, I've only had it for less than a week so instill have a long way to go. I'm going to try different wick set ups before I try different coil builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread