EHPRO Kayfun Lite Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasjames0

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal, USA
vape mail today! Got an EHPRO kayfun Lite Clone from Discount Vapers. I have seen absolutely zero reviews on this and to my knowledge, other than group buys and coops, Discount Vapers is the only place I'm aware of that has these in stock. Will post some pics when I get a chance a little later.

DiscountVapers.com_KayFun_ehro__77795.1380896007.1280.1280.jpg

thomasjames0

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal, USA
Okay, so first disappointment on this. The screws on the deck that hold your coil are extremely too long. They stick off of the deck a mm and a half or so making it impossible for the kanthal to get trapped between the head of the screw and the deck. So I just sanded down the screws and all is good now.

Second con. Threading is smooth except for the stainless tank section. Mine is crunchy' so I'm just gonna use the clear tank for now.

Three, china quality control. Well we know about this. The unit itself is scratch in a few spots and there is a noticeable nic on one of the tank parts.

I will report back on performance pretty soon.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
Okay, so first disappointment on this. The screws on the deck that hold your coil are extremely too long. They stick off of the deck a mm and a half or so making it impossible for the kanthal to get trapped between the head of the screw and the deck. So I just sanded down the screws and all is good now.

Second con. Threading is smooth except for the stainless tank section. Mine is crunchy' so I'm just gonna use the clear tank for now.

Three, china quality control. Well we know about this. The unit itself is scratch in a few spots and there is a noticeable nic on one of the tank parts.

What metal is used throughout? Stainless or chrome plated brass?

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009

Mine was the same way.....I had to file the screws so that they could sit all the way down....that was a real pain in the ..... The other complaint about the screws is that they are really tiny....I can't compare to a real Kayfun but I assume the screws on the deck of a Kayfun probably have bigger heads. The threads were a little crunchy on mine but I notice that each time you open and close it it gets smoother and easier. The last complaint is that it only works with the drip tip provided....none of my drip tips fit on this....which is very weird. But the drip tip it comes with is excellent. Once set up it works really well though....so for the price it is not bad.

I would suggest that most people should pass on this unless they are handy....because the screws don't go all the way down and unless you can file them down....the unit is worthless.

thomasjames0

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal, USA
Ya, EDO, those screws were annoying. But it prolly took about 10 minutes total with some sand paper and a pair of pliers to hold the screws to sand those suckers down.

As far as the drip tip situation. If you have different size orings to go on them you might have better luck getting them to fit. I had to do some swapping around between my drip tips to get them to fit properly; but the connection for the drip tip does seem a little smaller than it should be.

As far as performance for the price. Once you deal with the quirks already mentioned, it works as you would expect a KFL to perform I suppose. With that said, if you have the extra 25 bucks or so I would prolly stick with the Russian 91%. The crunchy threads of the EHPRO is the deal breaker for me. Also, I totally understand the appeal of the Russian now with the adjustable draw. The EHPRO is like sucking through a straw. It is way too airy for my liking. Hopefully someone with both the original Kayfun Lite and EHPRO can compare the air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread