ejuice Calculator V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

thana

Sep 10, 2009
this caluclator isn't making sense I am going to buy 500mL e-juice @ 36 mg nicotine (not sure what flavor). I want 18 mg so that would mean I am going to add 500mL. What I don't know is what to buy and at what percent do I add them. Do I buy VG PG and Distilled Water?

I looked around and it seems that I should dillute the 36mg solution with a solution of: 60% VG/PG combo 20% D.W. or Alcohol 20% Flavor

This would be.... 300mL VG/PG, 100mL D.W. Alcohol, 100mL Flavor. added to my already flavored 36mg juice.

Does this sound right? The flavoring seems like too much. Is E-juice really 20% flavoring? Let mew knoow im a noob

Wait til I drop the access database with recipes!
hehehehehe
Dan

Thanks for the calculator, but you might want to rethink the wisdom of using Access for the recipe database. Unless things are much differently than I remember, Access is fully locked down and no translators (that I am aware of) exist.

I'm pretty sure that if you want to "access" a MS Access database, you need to buy MS Access.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thanks for the calculator, but you might want to rethink the wisdom of using Access for the recipe database. Unless things are much differently than I remember, Access is fully locked down and no translators (that I am aware of) exist.

I'm pretty sure that if you want to "access" a MS Access database, you need to buy MS Access.

Access is my love an my forte' I will save it as a 97-2003 compatable so any version of access can open it. Where I work access if the main database even tho SQL is in fact easier IMO to use. I will look at creating a MySQL (Free) version and an Access version for those who are comfortable with access. I will also test the free MS Access viewer and open office to ensure it works. Does this satisfy your concerns? :)
Dan

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
this caluclator isn't making sense I am going to buy 500mL e-juice @ 36 mg nicotine (not sure what flavor). I want 18 mg so that would mean I am going to add 500mL. What I don't know is what to buy and at what percent do I add them. Do I buy VG PG and Distilled Water?

I looked around and it seems that I should dillute the 36mg solution with a solution of: 60% VG/PG combo 20% D.W. or Alcohol 20% Flavor

This would be.... 300mL VG/PG, 100mL D.W. Alcohol, 100mL Flavor. added to my already flavored 36mg juice.

Does this sound right? The flavoring seems like too much. Is E-juice really 20% flavoring? Let mew knoow im a noob

>Do I buy VG PG and Distilled Water?
Buy PG if you have no problems vaping it (sore throat, for example) and want the maximum amount of taste from your juice.

Buy VG if you *do* have problems with PG, and want the maximum amount of vapor. It's easier to find locally and cheaper than PG.

Distilled water is always handy, especially if the VG you're adding to your juice is very thick.

>Does this sound right? The flavoring seems like too much.
Depends on how strong the flavoring is. You wouldn't want to add menthol drops, cinnamon or clove oil at 20%, it would be way too strong.

Most of the mixes I've made are in the range of 10-20%.

You might go up to 25% or even higher if you're using a weak flavor but still want a lot of taste, but I think it's best to keep the percentage of flavoring on the low side. We don't know much about the chemicals in them and too much could be harmful.

To create a recipe, I suggest measuring each ingredient drop by drop to make small batches. Write down how many drops of each. Vape the juice to test it. Dripping on the atomizer helps with testing because you don't have to mess with leftover flavor in a cartridge.

thana

Sep 10, 2009
>Do I buy VG PG and Distilled Water?
Buy PG if you have no problems vaping it (sore throat, for example) and want the maximum amount of taste from your juice.

Buy VG if you *do* have problems with PG, and want the maximum amount of vapor. It's easier to find locally and cheaper than PG.

Distilled water is always handy, especially if the VG you're adding to your juice is very thick.

>Does this sound right? The flavoring seems like too much.
Depends on how strong the flavoring is. You wouldn't want to add menthol drops, cinnamon or clove oil at 20%, it would be way too strong.

Most of the mixes I've made are in the range of 10-20%.

You might go up to 25% or even higher if you're using a weak flavor but still want a lot of taste, but I think it's best to keep the percentage of flavoring on the low side. We don't know much about the chemicals in them and too much could be harmful.

To create a recipe, I suggest measuring each ingredient drop by drop to make small batches. Write down how many drops of each. Vape the juice to test it. Dripping on the atomizer helps with testing because you don't have to mess with leftover flavor in a cartridge.

thanks thats exactly what i needed. i think ill start with low flavoring and just add more accordingly. Is there flavoring I can add to it i can buy easily and cheap at a grocery store or wal-mart? That way i can buy 500ml of the unflavored liquid, and only add flavoring when I fill a 30 ml bottle.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
You can sometimes find LorAnn flavorings at a grocery store, in the baking section. People have mentioned finding it at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

You can also order online:
https://www.lorannoils.com/
Go to the Candy Oils and Flavorings section and choose from there.

I've found LorAnn to be generally the best so far for e-juice, it's concentrated and most of the flavors have been pretty good.

Soon to be E

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hello everyone!
Version 6 of the ejuice calculator is here!
The link for the download is in the stickie for the ejuice calculator located at this post # http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...added-quantity-calculations-7.html#post557164

If you dont feel like jumping through links download it here:
Ejuice Calculator V6

What’s new in V6:
Added a manual user entry cell, so users can now define how many drops equal 1ml.
Added Section 5: The flavor list, users can now enter the name of the flavor(s) up to 5, that they are working with to make up their recipe. The percents entered must be equal to 100% of the total percent defined in section 2. A color go no-go field will tell you if you are over or under the target % of flavoring.
Added Section 6: This is where you can add the % amount of VG to you mixes. This is based on the unflavored nic ejuice being PG based. The %VG ml indicator will tell you if you exceed the maximum no nic PG/VG you can add by turning red.
Added Second worksheet that has the links and list of all three major flavor manufactures Lorann, Cappella, and Bickfords.

Enjoy!
Dan

Thanks! It´s really well done! Helped a lot! Thankfully America (or the vapers side) is getting used to metric system!

Access is my love an my forte' I will save it as a 97-2003 compatable so any version of access can open it. Where I work access if the main database even tho SQL is in fact easier IMO to use. I will look at creating a MySQL (Free) version and an Access version for those who are comfortable with access. I will also test the free MS Access viewer and open office to ensure it works. Does this satisfy your concerns? :)
Dan

Hi Dan,

My post was simply to point out that Access is one of the least aptly named pieces of software out there. Databases created in Access can only be opened by Access. Unless things have changed that I'm not aware of (entirely possible), your database may not be as valuable if it were done in a less proprietary format. Especially for those of us who use Linux or Mac. MS isn't especially friendly towards alternative operating systems.

Sorry if my last post sounded unappreciative of your efforts. It wasn't my intention. You're doing something very special for all of us and it's much appreciated, believe me.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Hi Dan,

My post was simply to point out that Access is one of the least aptly named pieces of software out there. Databases created in Access can only be opened by Access. Unless things have changed that I'm not aware of (entirely possible), your database may not be as valuable if it were done in a less proprietary format. Especially for those of us who use Linux or Mac. MS isn't especially friendly towards alternative operating systems.

Sorry if my last post sounded unappreciative of your efforts. It wasn't my intention. You're doing something very special for all of us and it's much appreciated, believe me.

No problem I was not offended, I appreciate you pointing out somthing I should have considered. What would be a perferred format that you could use? Thanks for any input.
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
What flavor do you think would be more like marlboro. That is all I have used now for 5 months.

I am thinking about ordering the 48 or 60 mg. What do you think about these strengths.

Those stengths are good for cutting down to 28 and below. I know some people use 36mg but that is way to high for me. The higher the mg strength the more you can make of a lesser mg%. So go with the higheest you can get LOL.

As far as the malboro flavor, I have not really tried that flavor. I have tried kates recipe of johnson creeks original. And I now use it as a base for my menthol followers :)

Here is the recipe I use for a best tobbaco flavor I have gotten:

80/20 PG/VG nic base
1/2 ml of the Tobacco Mix, or 20 drops
1/2 ml of the Ethyl Maltol Mix, or 20 drops
1/4 ml of Caramel flavoring, or 10 drops
1/4 ml of Hazelnut flavoring, or 10 drops.

Tobbaco Mix:
2 drops tobbaco absolute + 10ml Everclear or 100 Proof vodka
Ethyl Maltol Mix:
1ml Ethyl Maltol crystal + 10ml Everclear or 100 Proof vodka

The dropper I use gives me 40 drops per ml, so it works out great. Always measure your "drops" based on 1ml.

Hope this helps ya.
Dan

No problem I was not offended, I appreciate you pointing out somthing I should have considered. What would be a perferred format that you could use? Thanks for any input.
Dan

Well, since it's already been suggested that folks without excel download OpenOffice in order to use your calculator, I would suggest that Base, it's database module might be a good option.

In theory, it's .ODF format can be opened and read by any modern database manager. People with Access should be able to open it and those without, should be able to do so if they get OpenOffice.

Another possibility might be one of the many "recipe manager" programs. Most, if not all, can open and save "meal master" formatted (or even plain text) files. And, there are lots of freeware readers for "meal master" formatted files. For all O/S's.

In the long run though, I like the idea of a .ODF database.

Last edited:

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Thanks and you can use open office as Wench suggested here: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

And it airs on the 13th this Sunday, I will record and youtube it!

Nope Excel is what I use, you can open it for free using open office as Wench suggested, it is free for all and opens excel files get it here: OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Dan

Darn, I live in the middle of nowhere and cannot get anything resembling DSL, I only have dialup access. It would take 3 days to download Open Office 150mb!!!
Oh well, at least I can read recipes on here. Thanks anyway Dan...

Mikay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread