The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Scubabatdan, Aug 14, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. StephensVap

StephensVap Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    East Coast USA
    Since the industry went belly up the site where I purchased my e juice from is no longer offering my juice or DYI supplies

SO I'm trying to figure out how to make my own.

I purchased 36mg nicotine in 100%PG
    I purchased both VG and PG and some flavorings

I like a 50/50 mix on the PG/VG with a target of 24mg and sometimes 18mg nic

Its very confusing trying to calc 36mg nicotine @ 100%PG into a 50/50 mix with a target of 24mg nic (and sometimes 18mg) ,

I don't know how to enter the proper %'s in the fields and for some reason I cant get any calculator to stop giving me negative number errors with either the VG or the PG

Any suggestions?
    If I can just see how to do it once, I should be OK afterwards

2. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Um, half of 36mg/ml is 18mg/ml, so a 50/50 mix is only possible if you make 18 mg/ml with no flavor. (flavorings are usually PG just like your 36mg/ml nic)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scubabatdan

Scubabatdan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2009
    Dothan, AL
    I would recommend getting at least 100mg nic juice, that way you can play with 50/50 VG/PG without neg numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StephensVap

StephensVap Full Member

Jun 11, 2014
    East Coast USA
    Thanks for the reply
    Ive been away for a while since I asked the question.

I should have got the 100mg (next time) but I have a bottle of 36mg nic in 100%pg

I want to make a 50/50 mix (with a nic range of approx 18 to 24mg)
    Do I just cut the bottle of nic in half (at whatever size that bottle is) and add 50%VG to it to get 18mg?

For example
    If was to make a 30ml bottle, what I'm not sure of is how much nic @ 36mg 100% PG I would need to add to the 30ml bottle to get the nic to a strength range of approx 18 to 24mg

Steve

5. mhertz

mhertz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    That's what the calc is made for ya' know :)

You fill the bottle half up i.e. 15ml of 36mg pg. If you add 15ml 0mg VG, so the bottle is full now, then you have a 18mg 50/50 PG/VG mixture. You've essentially diluted your nic by cutting it in half hence half strength.

6. Andromendous

Andromendous Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2014
    Oklahoma, USA
    How am I supposed to use this? Its just a .xls file. Where is the calculator with all the options and inventory stuff at?

7. mhertz

mhertz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    It's a DIY-calc spreadsheet in XLS format, meaning to be opened/used from an XLS reader, like e.g. MS-excel, open/libre-office or online from google-docs etc.

8. Andromendous

Andromendous Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2014
    Oklahoma, USA
    oh... I see. So where is the calculator program that used to be available on this forum? Is it no more?

EDIT: sorry, i found it.

9. Bayou14

Bayou14 Full Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Bush, LA
    Extremely helpful. I’m brand new at mixing. I think I’m putting too much flavor in, since most of the recipes appear to be 10.00 and I’m using 16.00 which has been a tad too much on the mixes I’ve done the last 2 Days. I was basically copying off of another recipe.

Quick question, 1ml of water is 1 gram, how do I measure juice? Just wondering since most everyone on this forum, that I have seen, agrees that weight is easier than volume.

Again, thank you for the spreadsheet. It will be a huge help.

10. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi mate,
    I use the values below:

PG: 1.038 grams per ml (I round to 1.0)
    VG: 1.26 grams per ml

Pure Nicotine: 1.01 grams per ml
    100mg in PG base: 1.0352 grams per ml
    100mg in VG base: 1.235 grams per ml

For PG based flavour: 1.0 grams per ml
    Have fun
    I

11. Bayou14

Bayou14 Full Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Bush, LA
    Thank you! That is awesome.

12. Bayou14

Bayou14 Full Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Bush, LA
    One last question, what percent of flavor do you use? I’m aware that it will vary depending on the flavor and probably the brand, but I have been using 16% as a general rule. Is this too much, not enough, a good starting point?