Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Not to mention that the tank looks like a mini-sized GS-Tank...

Bet the GS-Tank would be a good fit for the Kiya too...

(Dun mind me...I’m just in the process of convincing myself that I need a Kiya - even though I’m currently fully enthused with my Inbox topped with a Le Concorde clone.) :blush:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Speaking of GS Air coils, last week I was browsing HeavenGifts site and they referred to the GS Air coils as 100% cotton coils. Is this something new? Or have they always been 100% cotton?

The 1.5Ω GS Air dual horizontal coils (my favorite) come with silica wicks. The newer, vertical coils (1.2Ω) are cotton. At least that was the case I last ordered them, and that was a while ago. I used to get mine from Rocky Mountain Vapor.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Not to mention that the tank looks like a mini-sized GS-Tank...

Bet the GS-Tank would be a good fit for the Kiya too...

(Dun mind me...I’m just in the process of convincing myself that I need a Kiya - even though I’m currently fully enthused with my Inbox topped with a Le Concorde clone.) :blush:
I was reading about them, and it turns out they are tiny. Even smaller than that Swag mod folks were buying recently. Would no doubt make a nice stealth vape. Also, the review was written in mid November, and the Kiya was not available yet. The guy said about two weeks, so I'm assuming they're starting to appear now. He estimated the cost at about $40.

ETA: Fasttech has the full kit for $46 and the mod only for $39. Might check them out during their Christmas sale. I've been avoiding new attys because I don't want to get into keeping different coils. This wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I was reading about them, and it turns out they are tiny. Even smaller than that Swag mod folks were buying recently. Would no doubt make a nice stealth vape. Also, the review was written in mid November, and the Kiya was not available yet. The guy said about two weeks, so I'm assuming they're starting to appear now. He estimated the cost at about $40.

ETA: Fasttech has the full kit for $46 and the mod only for $39. Might check them out during their Christmas sale. I've been avoiding new attys because I don't want to get into keeping different coils. This wouldn't be a problem.
Mike please post here if the kiya is on sale at FT around Christmas. Other than provaris I'm a big fan of Eleaf products and all my other mods are Eleaf. I'm tempted to buy one.

Reactions: MikeADore

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Will do, Bea. The coils we have will definitely work in this new system, so that makes it attractive to me. Plus, it's tiny and nice looking. Might make a good pocket mod for when I go walking.

Since my mom passed away back in May, I find myself rattling around the house a bit, though I'm handling it pretty well. Always said I could show a natural talent for laziness, and I wasn't entirely wrong. :)

Anyway, I started going for walks since I could never leave her alone for that long before. Walking about 2.5 to 3 miles per day. Just got myself a recumbent stationary bike for the cold months when I'm too wimpy to go outside.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Mike please post here if the kiya is on sale at FT around Christmas. Other than provaris I'm a big fan of Eleaf products and all my other mods are Eleaf. I'm tempted to buy one.

My Vapor Store just put them in stock today! They only have the "greenery" one listed so far. $46.99. I have to wait a month or so. Spent too much on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Will do, Bea. The coils we have will definitely work in this new system, so that makes it attractive to me. Plus, it's tiny and nice looking. Might make a good pocket mod for when I go walking.

Since my mom passed away back in May, I find myself rattling around the house a bit, though I'm handling it pretty well. Always said I could show a natural talent for laziness, and I wasn't entirely wrong. :)

Anyway, I started going for walks since I could never leave her alone for that long before. Walking about 2.5 to 3 miles per day. Just got myself a recumbent stationary bike for the cold months when I'm too wimpy to go outside.
Oh Mike. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom :).I hope it was quick and peaceful. ((((((Hugs)))))

Glad to hear you're walking. By any chance do you have Humana insurance? If you do they offer us seniors a "Silver Snickers" card free that gets us in gyms that accept it for free. Hubs and I go to Heartland every day and use the elliptical and the weight machines. Other health ins companies may have similar things.

I know what you mean about cold weather. Our winter is just starting…60s daytime and 40s and 50s nights :(

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
My Vapor Store just put them in stock today! They only have the "greenery" one listed so far. $46.99. I have to wait a month or so. Spent too much on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.
Thanks Jingles. Mike and I are actually waiting for FT to lower that cost during their Christmas sale where they really lower the cost for many nice devices.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Thanks Jingles. Mike and I are actually waiting for FT to lower that cost during their Christmas sale where they really lower the cost for many nice devices.
Just noticed that Fasttech actually lists the Kiya for pre-order, but it says it will ship in seven days. Who knows what that means, but I feel certain they'll be in for the Christmas sales. Also, I noticed it will take up to a 25mm tank, which surprised me for such a small mod. The Juni, which looks like a GS tank with a fancy symbol, is listed at 20mm. It holds 2ml. I'm thinking the GS Tank and Amors (both 2.5ml) will look and work just fine on those mods.

I don't have Humana insurance, but I'll certainly consider them while doing my Medicare search. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Bea-FL

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
@Jingles and @Bea-FL, there is a very good review video about midway down this page: Eleaf iStick Kiya with GS Juni Starter Kit

I think I'm going to really like this tiny little thing. By the way, MVS only has the green one in so far, but I'm sure the black and silver models will be on hand soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Bea-FL

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Just noticed that Fasttech actually lists the Kiya for pre-order, but it says it will ship in seven days. Who knows what that means, but I feel certain they'll be in for the Christmas sales. Also, I noticed it will take up to a 25mm tank, which surprised me for such a small mod. The Juni, which looks like a GS tank with a fancy symbol, is listed at 20mm. It holds 2ml. I'm thinking the GS Tank and Amors (both 2.5ml) will look and work just fine on those mods.

I don't have Humana insurance, but I'll certainly consider them while doing my Medicare search. Thanks for the tip.
Sorry Mike. Brain is getting older…forget easily.…just remembered I mentioned silver sneakers in my earlier post in respinse to you asking for insurance info in anither thread :blush:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I have a bunch of them, some Ms and some MSs. They're alright but the manufacturing quality isn't the best. There is a lip where the metal meets the glass on top. Otherwise, they work well.

I used the authentic coils. The included coil is terrible.

I haven't used my GS Air tanks for a long time because I prefer the Ego One tanks. Much easier to rewick/rebuild the CLR coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread