Electronic Cigarette Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here.

There is a cigarette survey here:

https://redcap.ctsi.psu.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=v94cbA

I'm about to take it.

edit: I just took it. I think we all should, since they ask for a lot of info about what we like to use, and how it helps us to quit smoking.

Last edited:

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
Accomplished. Only question I had difficulty with, how many times a day do I use the ecig :lol: Um....I'm supposed to count?!?

LOL. I had trouble with that question as well. He calls a "TIME" 15 puffs or about 10 minutes. I take about 2-4 puffs at a time, then put it down for awhile, sometimes for just a few seconds or minutes, but often up to 30 minutes or more. Very difficult to calculate. He is assuming we're using it exactly like we used cigarettes I suppose. I explained it to him :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
LOL. I had trouble with that question as well. He calls a "TIME" 15 puffs or about 10 minutes. I take about 2-4 puffs at a time, then put it down for awhile, sometimes for just a few seconds or minutes, but often up to 30 minutes or more. Very difficult to calculate. He is assuming we're using it exactly like we used cigarettes I suppose. I explained it to him :)

I did too! I said it was different than smoking. Take a puff, set it down go do something, pick it back up take a couple of puffs.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Accomplished. Only question I had difficulty with, how many times a day do I use the ecig :lol: Um....I'm supposed to count?!?

I too had a hard time with that one. I put 48 since the suggestion said something about a smoke lasting 10 minutes. I figured 4 times an hour, times a 12 hour day. 4x12=48 :D

All in all a very well written survey.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

yeah that was a laugh; they actually must have been told there was something wrong with that question because they went further to suggest use 15 puffs as 1 time or use 10 minutes as 1 time.

I put 111 as my answer.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I too had a hard time with that one. I put 48 since the suggestion said something about a smoke lasting 10 minutes. I figured 4 times an hour, times a 12 hour day. 4x12=48 :D

All in all a very well written survey.

I put 150 :facepalm:
Math was never my strong suit. :laugh:
What?!?! Think that number is too high? ;)

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I put 150 :facepalm:
Math was never my strong suit. :laugh:
What?!?! Think that number is too high? ;)

I put 32. I tried to do the math in my head, which is usually my strong point, but when I tried to convert 15 instances of use equals one usage divided by the number of hours I am awake and vaping times the numbers of hours in a day...........You get my point. I have never really counted nor do expect to start. :)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
AHA!!!!

After a string of questions that contained false assumptions, finally a question that actually makes sense:

Is your main e-cig a "mod" (that is, one that has been modified from a standard cigarette-shaped style of e-cig with the aim of producing more consistent battery power and/or voltage)?

Unfortunately, only available answers are yes, no, and don't know.

So I picked don't know; they don't have 'not yet' as an answer; and I think the average person would not consider my mini-vv-passthroughs as 'mods'

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA

I had a problem with that too. In one of the later boxes about how my usage varied from cigarettes, I mentioned that I didn't vape for 10 minutes at a time, I just reach for it every now and then when I feel like it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I put 32. I tried to do the math in my head, which is usually my strong point, but when I tried to convert 15 instances of use equals one usage divided by the number of hours I am awake and vaping times the numbers of hours in a day...........You get my point. I have never really counted nor do expect to start. :)

I tried putting 200 but the highest default was 150.....so I went with that. Hey! I'm retired and don't have much to do most days :laugh: It's possible.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread