Electronic Cigarette Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Done. Sure wish I could partake in their lab study!

I started to volunteer, but I have an insulin dependent kitty that I can't leave for more than 11 hrs.:( I would certainly have done it!

Ya'll have no idea what it costs to have a lab tech pet sit when you're out of town.:blink:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I tried putting 200 but the highest default was 150.....so I went with that. Hey! I'm retired and don't have much to do most days :laugh: It's possible.....;)

24 hours in a day
times 6 10 minute periods per hour

24*6=144 possible 10 minute sessions in a day = 24/7 sucking on a PV :lol:

i rounded it out to 16 hours which comes out to 96 10 minute sessions

i figured i'm pretty talented so i put 80.

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
One "session" on their terms (15 puffs) = one cigarette, so I went with 35, enough to replace almost two packs.

Yeah that question is just poorly designed from top to bottom. It would have been better to ask how many mL of juice a day or something, but then the pre-filled crowd would be lost I guess.

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
24 hours in a day

LOL, So Robino1 found a way to squeeze an extra hour into the day!

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I like this survey!

I completed it and also had the same problem. Who counts?
I did like the last question. "What would you like the researchers to know about e-cigs?" My answer... without this I would still be smoking cigarettes. Now I am in control of my nicotine intake and can gradually decrease without even noticing.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
24 hours in a day

They will probably figure out I'm math illiterate. :oops:

LOL, So Robino1 found a way to squeeze an extra hour into the day!

You mean there aren't 25 hours in a day? :blink:

Or that he has a eliquid that distorts space and time. I know Boba's is good, but daaaaaamn, I need to get some of that!

I'm a she and it's not Boba's I'm sucking down like it's going out of style! :laugh:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Did the survey!

Got stumped for a couple of minutes at the "what make and model is your current ecig?" question. Had to eeny-meeny-miney-mo that one. :laugh:

Me too, so I picked my best set up. I think it's good that so many of us are answering, because it seemed from the survey, that they had no real idea of how we were using them, or what was important about keeping us off of analogs. (I mentioned having to have really good flavors and choices).

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Yeah that question is just poorly designed from top to bottom. It would have been better to ask how many mL of juice a day or something, but then the pre-filled crowd would be lost I guess.

Plus they didnt allow for leaving a bad question blank, so they can't recognise the bad question, merely misinterpret the forced choice of answer.

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
I completed the survey and them sent Dr. Wilson an email. I linked to this thread in the email, so hopefully he can see this discussion, especially about the how much we use our vaporizers. I too had a hard time with this question. If he reads this thread hopefully more understanding can be had about the fact that most people use vaporizers in a very significantly different way than we did analogs.

I did a quick google search on Dr. Wilson as well. At first glance of reading his bio, it looks like we don't need to have tin-foil hats on, he seems legit:

http://psych.la.psu.edu/directory/faculty-bios/wilson.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread