Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
i have been smoke free (analog) for 2 months now. I smoked a pack and a half a day of marlboro menthol full flavor for 16 years. I am trying to make a menthol recipe but cant get anything that is good! Its like im missing a sweet factor. Does anyone have recipies for menthol mix that is a good starting point for taste?

I mainly just use the menthol crystals added to my Virginia flavor tobacco juice mainly... To add some sweetness when I want it, I just put a tiny bit of Marshmellow flavoring to it...

katking

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
www.katking.com
I have been playing around with flavors for a while, I smoked menthol cigs and added powdered stevia to the tips because I like the sweet flavor...here is what I came up with.

SWEETENER:
Mix 1 oz BRANDY with 1 teaspoon stevia. The brandy will keep the e-juice from going rancid, especially on hot days. It also adds a wonderful flavor. This amount of stevia is REALLY sweet. Stevia is a natural sweetener, extracted from a plant. Only buy the white powdered extract (not the liquid or the green herb)

The below is approximate - I just throw things together.

E-JUICE
2 parts e-juice - I use a mild tobacco e-juice, and buy the highest nicotine content because it will be diluted.
Add PG - I cut the above by about 1./3
Add 1 full dropper of the sweetener you made above (start with a little at a time until you get the sweetness you want)
Add a few drops of essential oils.

Flavors:
Add therapeutic grade essential oils. These oils can actually heal, and I feel that by vaping I am actually healing damage I have done by my past smoking. Since vaping this formula I can breath MUCH easier!

The initial investment to buy this quality of essential oil seems high, but when you figure you are only using a few drops, it is actually less expensive than the other flavoring. Also, you know what you are getting.

Here are some of the flavors I like best:
Cinnamon
Peppermint
Spearmint
Orange
Clove

Orange, clove and a little peppermint (just a drop for a little kick) makes a wonderful vape.

If you want to know more about essential oils, I have a free website with over 2,000 pages of free information katking dot com :rolleyes:

OK you guys will get to know me eventually, and I suppose you have dealt with lots of ...... til now... what kind of IDIOT would want to VAPE eyedrops or eardrops??? OMG that is ridiculous!

Mouthwash makes sense... it's not poison, and if you rinse daily, at least twice a day, which as a smoker I did for 30 years straight, you swallow/inhale some. Saw no issues, so tried it. BIG DEAL.

Guys, I'm a major BI***, but I have a right to be. I am highly intelligent, and will NEVER do something stupid enough to kill me. I'm the kind of person who will figure out how stuff works and fix random stuff. Yes, I know there may be scary dangers, but as you said, it's ALL uncharted territory. I am sorry but I trust my own concoctions a hell of a lot more than some weird tobacco tasting crap with nicotine in it that contains lord knows what.

Yeah, DEFINITELY gonna go with something that I KNOW for a fact won't cause a problem. I don't want to ever have to rely on any company for ANYTHING vape wise except to stock up on atomizers and batteries, and get that usb pass through. I worry that eventually the FDA is gonna ban this like the Aussie Gov't did, and I don't EVER want to have to pick up an analog AGAIN. I refuse to use nicotine in these, as well after all, if I wanted it, I would just smoke.

I am also fully convinced that nobody here is addicted to Nicotine anyway, but instead to the feel of smoking. It's a trick, big business has told us their "studies show" it... total bs IMHO, and I bet if a bunch of people were studied with cigarettes that had NO nicotine, and they didn't know it... NONE of them would experience the withdrawal. I conclude that this is fact due to my own experiences. 24 hours without nicotine, and I am NOT missing it, as long as I have the placebo of vaping, don't even WANT an analog.

I smoked for THIRTY FIVE years. 3 Packs a day, DEEP inhaling to the point that I couldn't even BREATHE mornings lately, and was coughing all day. Someone gonna try and say I didn't get nicotine or some other silly thing? We know I did. So where's my withdrawal? LOL... Anytime I tried before, I had nothing to puff on, so back I went. This time... NO interest at all! NONE! I cried yesterday when my cartridges died cause I couldnt feel VAPOR in my mouth! Not cause I didnt have a "throat hit" or whatever people call it. Geez are we ever stupid human beings, myself included, to believe all this crap the govt has sold us on!

Yes my mind says something stronger would feel more like what I am used to. Also a thicker hole in the cartridge top to make pulling smoother would be quite enjoyable. But what does any of this have to do with Nicotine? NOT A THING. Again proving a point.

I really hope I am right, and that lots of you find out its true for yourselves as well, cause god forbid the US follows in OZ's footsteps, ya'll are gonna need to do without that nicotine juice you all love so well. Perhaps the vaping will be enough without it. I pray for all yall it is, as it is for me. :)

I don't think Vaping pure glycerine with some type of LEGAL FOOD ADDITIVE for flavor can EVER be outlawed. That's the point. Try to get yourself to where you understand that you don't NEED nicotine, never did, never will. For the closed minded of you there, go ahead, enjoy, and believe you need it. But for those with just a LITTLE "Hey, she might be right" thought, TRY IT for a day. Then 2, then 3, and see if I am not onto something.

Sorry for anyone offended. Yeah, I got a big mouth, and I do talk a lot. But deep down, I'm not a bad person :) You'll see.

Looking forward to hearing if anyone else discovers the truth about NIC addiction and how fake that really is.

Barb,

You sound just like me and I agree with every single word. Even the '"and's" - lol!
Seriously, you are so right. I am sick and tired of a few idiots ruining everything for the rest of us who have more than one brain cell...

Last edited:

icangels

Jan 7, 2012
Diamondhead, MS
What is your magic formula? I bet there are some imaginative ones, this is how I make my mix at the moment:

10% distilled water
10 - 20% LorAnn candy flavouring
20% 36mg commercial eliquid
30% glycerine BP/USP/food grade
30% propylene glycol BP/USP/food grade

That makes a 7mg/low nicotine liquid which I use most of the day. If it's too thick it won't wick out of cartridges, if it's too thin it will seep out too quickly.

Kate: How would you tweak this recipe to make a 16mg/med nicotine liquid?

I've been playing around with the ingredients and made different flavors, but have not added nicotine yet. Think I'm finally getting the hang of this. (So much cheaper than the pre-mades). I'm very new to vaping. trying to quit cigarettes... I realize I'm going to need to add nicotine to create the balance that's good me.

Thank you so much...

L

doorgod

Jan 16, 2012
Whittier,CA
Ever light the wrong end of a cigarette?... Avoid it!
Hi pigpigc :)

Do you still have the cartridges that came pre-filled with your e-cig? You can drip into the filler (that is empty) in those if you haven't thrown them away? I don't know about using a regular cigarette filter, but some have purchased a filter material made for using in fish tanks, or other materials to replace the fiber in the filters. I think there is a thread somewhere with the things that have been tried, but don't remember if anyone has tried a cigarette filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread