Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
complete newb at this, I have an assorted sample pack from loranns. All the ingredients say oil this or oil that in each bottle, some with a congeal temperature of 59 degrees fairenheight. Should I ignore the "oil" part? Im almost afraid to start using these but have some 36mg unflavored juice on hand. Thanks in advance for any advise on this :)

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
complete newb at this, I have an assorted sample pack from loranns. All the ingredients say oil this or oil that in each bottle, some with a congeal temperature of 59 degrees fairenheight. Should I ignore the "oil" part? Im almost afraid to start using these but have some 36mg unflavored juice on hand. Thanks in advance for any advise on this :)
No, you don't want to ignore the oil part. Stay away from the oils; instead look for water soluble. A lot of us also stay away from coloring.

Here's a handy list to see the ingredients: LORANN SUPER STRENGTH FLAVOURS

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
No, you don't want to ignore the oil part. Stay away from the oils; instead look for water soluble. A lot of us also stay away from coloring.

Here's a handy list to see the ingredients: LORANN SUPER STRENGTH FLAVOURS

Thank you very much! (and that chart is awesome!) It looks like the majority of what came in the assorted pack isnt worth chanceing. I shall defidently stay away from oils and coloring, Id hate to have blue lung syndrome or something lol, colorings are a common sense no-no. Ill try my hand at making candy with the bad ones and follow the list very closely for future orders.

If you want glycerin (VG)....they sell it at Michael's in the candy making aisle. I also picked some up at walmart....humco....by the bandaids. Both are USP so should be safe. I thought the Michaels's one was a lot thinner than the Humco....but you can see for yourself, if interested.

Lu

Is this the stuff you are talking about from Walmart? (Sorry, cant post links yet but if you go to walmart's site and search for the below it will pull it up.)
Humco: Skin Protectant Glycerin Usp, 6 oz

I had read about getting Glycerin from walmart somewhere else but when I saw "Active Ingredient: Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous ... Skin Protectant." It had me thinking it wasn't. But I guess it is...

Also I haven't looked at the bottle yet but whats the other .5%?

My local Pharmacist has 42 different flavors she mixes with medicines! She can even sweeten them for me (I have a VORACIOUS sweet-tooth)! The caramel she gave me went into SPIKEY RY4 mix and it is AMAZING!!!! As soon as i get back from vacation she said we can mix up a bunch of flavors for me to have!!!! Make sure you check in with your local pharmacy!:p

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Is this the stuff you are talking about from Walmart? (Sorry, cant post links yet but if you go to walmart's site and search for the below it will pull it up.)
Humco: Skin Protectant Glycerin Usp, 6 oz

I had read about getting Glycerin from walmart somewhere else but when I saw "Active Ingredient: Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous ... Skin Protectant." It had me thinking it wasn't. But I guess it is...

Also I haven't looked at the bottle yet but whats the other .5%?

Yes - that's it. I don't know what the other 5% is. There has been some speculation about it but nothing conclusive afaik.

doris

Jun 5, 2009
Hi All,
I've been reading everything I could find for DIY e-juice. My solution is 2 pronged: 1) Nicotine extraction & 2) Flavoring.

I didn't keep accurate measurements but I used 2 1/2 oz of Carter Hall pipe tobacco to both extract nicotine & create flavoring.

To extract nicotine, I placed 2/3 c of tobacco in the pot of a automatic coffee maker. The tobacco was moderately packed. Not loose & fluffy but not rammed hard either. I added 16 oz of water & turned on to brew. I left the resulting tobacco tea sit on the hot plate for an hour. I then filtered it through a coffee filter & returned the filtered liquid to the pot then back on the machine's hot plate. I left it to "stew" until the remaining liquid was a dark brown syrup. I had approximately 1 Tablespoon of liquid remaining. This took at least 8 hrs.

This idea for the flavoring was posted somewhere on this forum which I adjusted to suit my perceived taste.

I filled a 12 oz jar half way with tobacco ramming it down pretty hard. I then added VG to nearly the top. I let it stand for a couple of hrs shaking occasionally. I then added about 1 shot of dark rum, several drops of vanilla extract, a couple of tablespoons of coarsely ground French roast coffee, & 2 pinches of cayenne. I occasionally shook the jar & waited until the nicotine extraction was complete. This occasioned an overnight wait, since I halted the extraction while I went to bed. To finish I drained through a sieve, then a tea strainer. I had about 4 oz of flavoring at the end.

I experimented with the nicotine extraction by adding a drop to a teaspoon of flavoring & trying it out until I was satisfied with the nicotine level.

I love this stuff almost as much as a real cigarette. Clouds of smoke, smooth, flavorful, & not sickly sweet. With a good battery & clean atomizer it's very good.

Comments
Not as strong a throat hit as I would like. I tried adding some vodka to a sample, as recommended, & less vapor, less taste, & no throat hit improvement.

Next time: I'm going to use the fill-yourself teabags to hold the tobacco for both initially extracting nicotine & flavoring. I'm going to mix expresso powder with the rum because even coarsely ground coffee has some small hard to filter bits. I'm also thinking of using Cognac instead of rum & perhaps chipotle instead of the cayenne. I think I'll add all the ingredients to the flavoring at once instead of piecemill.

If anyone KNOWS how to get a good throat hit, I'd love to know.

If anyone KNOWs of a reliable & reasonably priced source for 4081 batteries, please share. I was very happy with Puresmoker but they've gone to some "screwdriver" type. (Sorry but the cig. look is important to me.)

Doris

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
If anyone KNOWs of a reliable & reasonably priced source for 4081 batteries, please share. I was very happy with Puresmoker but they've gone to some "screwdriver" type. (Sorry but the cig. look is important to me.)

Doris - get yer batteries from Ruyan Direct. Cheap shipping via airmail, faster via courier.

Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop

The message they have about customs issues is apparently some internal Chinese procedure that doesn't have anything to do with the US. Perhaps their postal service just opens random packages to see what's in them?

Your tobacco tea recipe sounds great! Are you sure you didn't have any side effects from handling it at any stage? I am constantly paranoid about overdoing it with nicotine. Others have reported ill effects from trying to do even a cold extraction from pipe tobacco so I am curious if this went all right for you.

doris

Jun 5, 2009
Hi,
No problems HOWEVER, I was very careful handling the nicotine syrup from the coffee maker. I slurped it up with an eye dropper & then directly into the bottle. Then immediately flushed the glass carafe with plenty of water. I live in an all adult household. If I had children, or childlike adults, around, I would certainly operate the coffemaker in a locked room. IMO the danger really starts during the reduction process.

With the cold flavoring extraction I was less careful. I don't think there was enough nicotine in the flavoring tea to be harmful. I think to extract nicotine using the cold method I used for flavoring would require more than the 12 or so hrs mine sat. (I think to extract adequate nicotine would take days.)I did get the flavoring on my hands & no issues. I also tried vaping the flavoring and not enough nicotine to satisfy me.

I'm sure wearing disposable gloves would be a good idea.

I was constantly aware that I was dealing with poison. These methods are not to be undertaken with a cavalier attitude.

Doris

doris

Jun 5, 2009
Hi,
1 more thing. Once I had the nicotine syrup I experimented very carefully. I mixed 1 tiny drop in a teaspoon of flavoring & vaped in a clean atomizer. I then waited to see if my nicotine craving abated or if it took the top of my head off. Based on the results I adjusted the proportions; starting fresh each time.(clean atomizer, mixing container, & etc). I mixed with a matchstick, disposable. When I was happy with the result, I extrapolated & mixed the batch. I destroyed the extra nicotine syrup; judging it too dangerous to leave around in an undiluted state

Safe handling: I used a small plastic screw on cap to mix my samples. (from a soft drink or water bottle). The flat top is stable & disposable.

Paranoia in this instance is a good thing! IMHO If you're not, then buy the stuff.

Doris

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
Hi guys !
I want to mix Flavour and VG only, no nic juice.
What quantities shoud i use ? 50:50 ?

I have some Mint Choc Chip thats apparently quite strong ... and 100mls of VG.
I dont mind putting distilled water into the equation too.

Any help appreciated !

50% is way too much flavoring, try 20 - 30%. You may also want to add a small percentage (1-2%) of distilled water and/or 100 proof vodka to thin it some.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
Not my first attempt at mixing my own, but I think I'm in love!

I call this one ET Delight

10% Lorann English Toffee
20% VG
40% PG
30% RY4

for a 7ml batch, that's:

0.7ml Lorann English Toffee
1.4ml VG
2.8ml PG
2.1ml RY4
I have also added English Toffee to my RY4. Great vape and my favorite, taste so sweet and smells like cotton candy.

PrairieJim

Jun 19, 2009
There is a certain percentage of people who do not get addicted to nicotine. Maybe you are one of those.
But it is a very real addiction to that percentage of us that do become addicted to nicotine. This is all well proven FACT. It is one of the most addictive substances on earth.

If you are able to quit and feel no nicotine cravings at all, that's great. But my vape MUST have nicotine in it, or else I will need an analog. Fortunately when I started vaping I was able to buy a couple bottles of 555 high. I stopped a 35 year 2 pack a day habit literally overnight.

I have used no nic flavors, and that craving makes it's self known in a very short time. I guess I will be one of those that will have to reduce my nic content gradually over time before I can vape no nic flavors.
In the past 5 weeks I have smoked less than 12 analogs, not bad for a person who used to smoke 2+ packs a day.

That's 70 packs of cigs I didn't have to buy, at a cost of $11.25 a pack; A savings of $787.
I have bought e cigs for everyone (5 in total now) So what if I spent $500 or so on this stuff in the last month. I still have more money than I usually do, because my wife is also vaping now, cutting down on her 1 + pack a day habit saving another $300 or so.

Rediculous isn't it? spending $1000. bucks a month on cigarettes?

TallTexan51

Feb 1, 2010
I Found one web site that of course sells starter kits but also has a large selection of diy e liquid ingrediants on some of the ingrediants you can buy larger quantities of them on other web sites but they have recipes and all the items you would need to diy e liquid I have no affiliation with this web site just putting it up for the recipes they have and some items used to make your own e liquid.

Do not forget to order some Wicked Vapor (PG) Propylene Glycol Pharma-Grade and or (VG)Vegetable Glycerine USP to dilute and mix with this liquid.

Example if you where to water down this liquid with an equal portion of nicotine free base liquid like PG propylene glycol, VG vegetable glycerine, alcohol or distilled water you would end up with a liquid of equaling 27mg.

Note adding VG will increase vapor production. It is recommended not to exceeded 1 to 2 drops of either alcohol or distilled water or the liquid will become runny and could leak into the battery and or produce little vapor. Adding alcohol like vodka or everclear will increase throat hit.

Below is a example showing the ratios of 54mg liquid to base liquids to achieve a final strength for 30ml of liquid.

ml of 54mg liquid ml of flavoring ml of PG/VG Approximate final strength

20 7 3 36mg

13 7 10 24mg

9 7 14 18mg

6 7 17 11mg

4 7 19 8mg

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
I Found one web site that of course sells starter kits but also has a large selection of diy e liquid ingrediants on some of the ingrediants you can buy larger quantities of them on other web sites but they have recipes and all the items you would need to diy e liquid I have no affiliation with this web site just putting it up for the recipes they have and some items used to make your own e liquid.

<Snip>

Well then what site is it??

Ashtarot

Feb 20, 2010
GA USA
I sure hope someone comes up with something. I was just wondering today if there was some way to make a cappuccino flavor with Lorann's...I could go for a good cappuccino, preferably mocha and sweet.....:)

I have been at this for only two weeks and this is my first post but thought that I would answer you. I just got some liquid that was supposed to be chocolate toffee(30 ml nic) but realy realy taste like a mocha cappuccino to me after cutting it to get 15ml nic . I know that the person uses Lorann's to make their juices so you could try the toffee and add some chocolate to it.I used a PG/VG 80/20 mix to cut.From what I have read here the VG adds some sweetness and smoothness the the over all taste. I needed that as the uncut juice was to strong on the flavor.

My son just came in and asked if I had made coffee. I guess that I have vaped a little much in the last hour. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread