Emergency First Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I got to work today and had my Wismec RX2 with Limitless Gold RDTA. The first hit I took made me realize my cotton was messed up and I didn't rewick the coil last night like I normally do.

Feeling kind of bummed out thinking no vape until I get home, I got to brainstorming. What could I find to get me by until after work? Then I saw the first aid kit hanging on the wall...BINGO! Gauze! COTTON PADS!

I tried the cotton pads first. I pulled out the old cotton using a really small allen wrench, used a utility knife to cut the cotton pad to desired width. I tried 3 or 4 times to wick the coil, but the cotton kept pulling apart, so I went back to the first aid kit and grabbed a pack of gauze. I cut the desired width and bingo. Had no trouble at all wicking the coil.

I saturated the gauze with some of my DIY juice, put the top cap on and it hit like a dream! I have been vaping on the gauze for over half my shift and it's still hitting like a dream!
e7ff90054d1ccc3a7136b929733c53b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
There's usually a cotton swab in tue first aid kit, at least my work truck first aid kit has one.

I keep a small rebuild kit with rayon and wire, plus extra batt and joose, too, though. I spend a lot of time with my work truck and don't have the opportunity to run home for emergency rebuild most days.

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I think you'd be fine even if it has synthetics. How many times in your life have you smoked a synthetic cigarette filter either by smoking it down too far or lighting the wrong end?
For that matter you could probably use a cigarette filter as a make shift wick until you could get somewhere to get better.
Just keep the temperature low and wick wet and change it when you get back to your supplies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I seen people use paper towel as a last ditch effort before, so I took action before that happened to me. I keep an emergency kit in all of my vehicles. The kits contain wire, rayon, coil jig rod, a couple claptons I pre wrapped, screwdriver, allen key, fold up scissors, and extra 810 and 510 drip tips. All of this fit into a medium sized pill bottle. I also print off my own dual battery cases that fit one extra battery and one 10ml bottle of juice that I keep in a pocket. Most 10ml bottles are the same diameter as 2x700 batteries, so they fit well in their cases, I just make sure to make my cases have individual slots so if I have a juice spill, it is contained in its own slot and not soaking the battery.

RedBullBabe

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Ireland.
Don't forget to replace what you took from the first aid kit at work. You never know what could happen, or when, and they would need them.

It's the norm for businesses to have a log book in regards to their health and safety in the workplace; health and safety record, evidence in case of a claim etc, because of inventory stock control.

Make sure you log your "emergency".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I haven't used my rayon tampons yet, but it's more because it looks like a HASSLE. compared to my Graham cellucotton.

LOL also don't use tampons EVER, as far as I'm concerned there are very few THINGS that belong in that area, and tampons are NOT on my list, so I doubt I'll be using them, period. (See what I just did there.)

There is no reason NOT to use tampons, I'd assume (cotton OR rayon) they're probably fairly pure. I would hope. I don't know. But, I bet they're fine (both applications) I just don't want to so I don't.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread