The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Entheon/Hadeon Cap wont come off

Discussion in 'RDA' started by vjc0628, Jul 2, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    I had this RDA in the past and the cap was hard to get off but I was able to do it rocking back and forth

I got this one today, And it's not rocking not budging, I have tried running under hot water, Putting in the freezer, WD40 nothing works

Any suggestions

2. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @vjc0628, I don't know if you've tried an atomiser stand and rubber gloves?

Also someone posted some pipe grips with rubber coated jaws in the shinyitis thread a while back, they very well could help get things apart without scratching or scaring things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    I tried right on Mod, I will try with rubber coated pipe grips I will go to home depot later

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Best of luck, hopefully it's just the o rings are just binding. May well consider replacing them with some EPDM or FKM o rings in the future.

5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Be careful if you leave it on the mod.
    Would be easy to rip out the mods 510.
    Use an atty stand, build deck, or an old junker mod.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Even a piece of Steel plate with a hole tapped with an M7 tap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    These are dirt cheap, just a few bucks. Come in an assortment of colours, make great build and or display stand and their flared bottom also provides something to grip while trying to remove stubborn caps.

Fasttech has a bunch of different generic models

510-threaded-rbarda-stand-base-vape-only_360x.jpg

8. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
  9. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Good luck. I had a clone that took manipulations with a tank wretch too forever but well worth it for the flavor. When you FINALLY get it of use something to lube the orings. I used a ohm meter thingy to maneuver it around.

10. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Using WD40 can just make it worse. It can swell the rubber and make it much harder to get off. I use a vape stand and/or one of those silicone jar opener pads. If that doesn't work, I heat up the cap with a heat gun (or hair dryer but takes longer) after removing the drip tip. You can usually pull the top off when it's hot and with a rag or silicone jar opener pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.