Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Since electronicstix is now a seller of Zenesis APVs now, thought it was OK to post this here: If not, I can have a mod move it over to the modding section.

So one of the things I have experienced and many a person has mentioned is the Zenesis top cap comes off just to easy. Reach in your pocket to pull it out, top cap comes off, leaving the PV in place. Go to vape it, and the top cap rocks around etc. A clean o-ring and clean top cap helps with this immensely, however after vaping a bit, and taking top off etc, e-liquid soaks the o-ring and top cap contact areas and lubes it right back up. A second o-ring would change this behavior, however, I have no access to machine a groove for a second o-ring. So I improvised.

Two 10x1mm o-rings added just above the quartz tank. One 15x1mm o-ring, between the stock o-ring and the 10x1mm o-rings. The 10x1mm o-rings stretch enough to fit under the top cap easily, but hold the 13x1mm in place, which the stock o-ring does also when pulling the top cap off.

Cobalt on left is stock and notice the top cap will tilt/rock easily. Cobalt in center and ZAG, not the case. Very solid. Takes a little more effort to put cap on, but not much, and it comes off easy enough, but not so easy it is troublesome.

The connection of the top cap is now secure enough, I can do this with no worries. Stays in place like it should, and no worries about that top cap coming off when I don't expect it causing damage to my coil/wick or :ohmy: dropping my APV and damaging another tank.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
after using for a very long time......mine are snug...very snug...
if yours is not as tight as you would like it to be, take some sewing thread and wrap it around the groove uner the o-ring. put the o-ring back on. presto super tight cap

I have done that, and have had a Zen from his first run so have been using a while also. It works, but the top cap can still rock and have had them pop off at the most inopportune of times. This trick is so rock solid, I can hold an 18650 SSGGTS with a ZAG on it sideways by the top cap and swing it around without the top coming off. Can do the same with a ZAP/ProVari in 18650.

(please if you actually try the hold the top cap & swing test, put your other hand under to catch PV... just in case)

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
So you need two 10x1, one 15x1 and one 13x1 to make this work? I haven't vaped my ZAG in two weeks cause my top cap popped off somewhere and I can't find it. Ordered a new one from zen two weeks ago but he won't email me back or ship it.. I don't know..

two 10x1 lowest against tank.
one 15x1 between those 2 o-rings and the stock o-ring. If you experience to much swelling, drop to a 13x1mm vice the 15x1.

Have you contacted electronixstix for a top cap? I hope you find it!!!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread