Entirely new to Vaping so Have a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raka

Apr 19, 2020
The main liquids I want to be vaping are mainly PG/VG 20/80 or 30/70. I've heard that these are thicker liquids or something, idk there's a lot of conflicting and hard to find information, I just want to know what the requirements are to us these kinds of liquid, I'm not really sure how it works. For example could the Stick 80W kit from smok work with it or not, if not could you maybe recommend me something with a reasonable price (also maybe newbie friendly). Cheers

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Those are pretty normal proportions now. eJuice tended to be thinner (more PG) a few years ago, so they were once considered thick, but not so much now. I imagine any SMOK device would work with them, provided it works at all. SMOK doesn't have the best reputation for quality.

If you'd like device recommendations, it depends on whether you're interested in pods, MTL or DL. If you've got a preference, let us know what it is and someone will chime in with a suggestion (or twenty). If you don't know what I'm talking about, let us know that and we'll be happy to provide a quick rundown of vaping styles.

Raka

Apr 19, 2020
Those are pretty normal proportions now. eJuice tended to be thinner (more PG) a few years ago, so they were once considered thick, but not so much now. I imagine any SMOK device would work with them, provided it works at all. SMOK doesn't have the best reputation for quality.

If you'd like device recommendations, it depends on whether you're interested in pods, MTL or DL. If you've got a preference, let us know what it is and someone will chime in with a suggestion (or twenty). If you don't know what I'm talking about, let us know that and we'll be happy to provide a quick rundown of vaping styles.
Yeah, i dont really mind if its MTL or DL (not pods preferably), i mean my only ramifications would be its not crazy expensive, it can take that kind of juice and its not a spaceship kinda thing (meaning its crazy complicated), I understand most of the concepts but yeah as someone else said before i cant really know until I've actually tried it. Feel free to give me as many good recommendations as you'd like, that would be much appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Yeah, i dont really mind if its MTL or DL (not pods preferably), i mean my only ramifications would be its not crazy expensive, it can take that kind of juice and its not a spaceship kinda thing (meaning its crazy complicated), I understand most of the concepts but yeah as someone else said before i cant really know until I've actually tried it. Feel free to give me as many good recommendations as you'd like, that would be much appreciated.

I'm more familiar with the MTL side of things, so I'll leave DL suggestions to someone else. The most popular MTL tank now is the Innokin Zlide or Zenith (either one - they take the same coils). In mods, the Aegis Solo has a good reputation. It's very sturdy, though a little heavier than some other options. The Solo is a single battery mod. If you'd prefer a two battery version so you can use higher wattages for DL as well, Aegis makes those too.

As far as complications go, it's really up to you. Most VW (variable wattage) mods also do TC (temperature control), but that doesn't mean you have to use it. VW is just a matter of up and down - turn the wattage up for a warmer vape, down for cooler.

I prefer TC, which is more complicated, myself, but many other experienced vapers don't bother with it as they don't get much out of it. It depends on how you vape.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Raka.
    What would be the benefit to having a replaceable battery over a simply rechargeable one?
    The biggest benefit to me is the ability to charge one battery while one that is already charged can be used. The fact of having two rechargeable devices, which might be a bit more expensive, is pretty much the same though in that case. Either way, you wouldn't have to wait for the device (or battery) to charge. Rechargeable devices are generally smaller in size though than a mod which needs a external battery. Rechargeable devices generally have a smaller (both capacity and size wise) battery also, that's another thought to ponder..

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    What would be the benefit to having a replaceable battery over a simply rechargeable one?
    If the battery wears out in a non replaceable battery device, you will need to buy a new device. In replaceable battery devices, you would just need to buy a new battery. Batteries can be bought for 5-10 dollars each, but a new device can cost much more than that.

But if you are not comfortable handling individual batteries with external chargers yet, built in battery devices do work and many people use them every day.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Also in theory they may last longer than the battery itself, or you can put the mod away for a while before pulling it back out while the battery is slowly decaying.
    Ya, I have a habit of removing the battery from one of my regulated mods at night to save some of it's power. So when I sleep, my battery sleeps..

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Hi @Raka & welcome

I vape mouth to lung the vast majority of the time. The attys I have perform better with thinner juice (50/50 is preferred for me). Many can take a high vg but I prefer more viscous juice (Vg) for my drippers and things and higher pg for my mtl vaping.

Easier for the juice to flow and the throat hit I find better

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I can see 2 things that will sway a decision. If you want multiple mods and you want them pretty, probably don't want a lipo. Vape a ton at high wattage, same.
    Looks and functions will probably force your hand.
    I'm a utilitarian vaper. 2 ugly little black mods with 2500+ battery and 2A charging and I'm more than happy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread