EPM Mods (And now for something completely different...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am interested in this mod ...

1. I understand there are no more available ... Is the manufacturer going to be making more?

2. If so, any idea when the next production run will be?

3. I never found the price on the smaller sized mod (using 2ea 18500 batteries) ... About what was the final cost of this mod (in US dollars) after shipping to the US?

I am thinking that if there was no demand for this mod, this thread would be dead by now ... but the thread is still alive and well

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Disregard ... I just saw a video review of this mod on YouTube.

Don't much care for the blinking light display to find your coil ohms or set the wattage on the device.

Yep. Like I said early on, and repeated by Adam in the video you watched. It's not for everybody.

Now I'm trying to think of the last time I actually checked anything, other than the battery life remaining. Mmmmm - it's been a few...

I move the power up or down until it tastes perfect.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well, with no digital display, I guess this mod is pretty reasonably priced?

Interesting that it hasn't been cloned in China yet

I'm sorry but I thought it was pretty clear that this isn't a mod for people who place primary value on a display (of which I was once one). In fact, my absolute favorite mods don't have any (EPMs & Billet Boxes). The one with a screen that I do like almost as much is based on the fact that it's made out of Titanium, and is ridiculously light. But it still doesn't vape as well as the EPM.

iSticks are a pretty cheap option (I have three). And they have screens even! :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
What IS the value (in dollars) for a screen display on a mod? Really, , , no, I'm serious here. What's it worth?

Idunno. Do you know anyone at iSmoka who would be comfortable in sharing that information? It's somewhere between $1 and $25, I expect, based on the price of the mods.

No? :confused:

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
Disregard ... I just saw a video review of this mod on YouTube.

Don't much care for the blinking light display to find your coil ohms or set the wattage on the device.

Well, with no digital display, I guess this mod is pretty reasonably priced?

Interesting that it hasn't been cloned in China yet

Yep, if you're the kind of vaper who checks their ohms regularly or needs to know exactly what wattage they're vaping at, this one isn't for you. For those of us who vape to taste, the EPM adjusts wattage up and down very quickly.

You should check out the istick, has a digital display and is reasonably priced.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I am very, very late in posting this. I received my new 18490 EPM on 12/20, the Saturday before Christmas. I was getting ready to go to my daughter's house to spend Christmas with her and my granddaughters. I didn't come home from there until 12/29 and then I was a little under the weather from the trip.

OK, holidays are over and now it's time to catch up and post a picture and a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible (you know who you are).

Oh, I spent the first hour with the EPM, cussing it out and thinking I might have made a big mistake. Then suddenly the menu system just clicked for me and it's been love ever since. It is now my absolute favorite mod. I have over a dozen sitting beside me ready to use at all times and the EPM gets the most use. Of course I have relegated it to my favorite juice, NLV Gold, in a Kayfun, which is my favorite delivery system. Look below, the Kayfun looks like it was born to sit atop the EPM.

4Nd54E3l.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I am very, very late in posting this. I received my new 18490 EPM on 12/20, the Saturday before Christmas. I was getting ready to go to my daughter's house to spend Christmas with her and my granddaughters. I didn't come home from there until 12/29 and then I was a little under the weather from the trip.

OK, holidays are over and now it's time to catch up and post a picture and a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible (you know who you are).

Oh, I spent the first hour with the EPM, cussing it out and thinking I might have made a big mistake. Then suddenly the menu system just clicked for me and it's been love ever since. It is now my absolute favorite mod. I have over a dozen sitting beside me ready to use at all times and the EPM gets the most use. Of course I have relegated it to my favorite juice, NLV Gold, in a Kayfun, which is my favorite delivery system. Look below, the Kayfun looks like it was born to sit atop the EPM.

4Nd54E3l.jpg

Looking GOOD, Snake! :D

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Jeez - and you're making me think that I might want to remove the Provari rings that have become permanent fixtures on mine.

Hmm....

Yeah, I tried a Provari ring, but really liked this look better. DP, I could always set a Kayfun up, just like this. All I ever do is occasionally change the cotton wick. The coils last a long, long time. I hardly ever put a new coil in my Kayfuns. I just dry burn and rewick occasionally, and I DO mean occasionally. ;)

At 1.3ohms and 9.5 to 10 watts these don't run hot and produce wonderful flavor and vapor. :p

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, I tried a Provari ring, but really liked this look better. DP, I could always set a Kayfun up, just like this. All I ever do is occasionally change the cotton wick. The coils last a long, long time. I hardly ever put a new coil in my Kayfuns. I just dry burn and rewick occasionally, and I DO mean occasionally. ;)

At 1.3ohms and 9.5 to 10 watts these don't run hot and produce wonderful flavor and vapor. :p

Yeah - the ring makes it nice and uniformed, but I forgot how nice they look nakerd. I think I might just have to strip one down for the day - so thank you!

And thanks for the offer on build-help. I might take you up on it one day. One nevah knows, do one?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This ONE does. ;)

Love it, Snake! MY favorite device as well (as you know), topped with some of my other fave, the Beloved NLV Gold. What more could a vaper want. :wub:

So did you strip, then re-ring, DPL? ;) I happen to love the look of Provi rings on my EPMs.

I did, Kat-in-da-Know. It didn't work well with the big guy, but it DID look nice on L'il EPM. However, I found myself wanting a compromise. So I switched the little guy to a black ring.

Me likes. Thanks for the idea, Snake!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Almost two years later, and more mods than I can possibly count, yet this EPM continues to be the best single mod I own, and the most comfortable to hold (by far, hands down & not even close...).

And a vape smooth like a fine red wine.

Sheer brilliance in every way. Thank you, Eric; and thank you, Adam.

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I could not agree more. Having one EPM could only lead to the next logical conclusion: having two.

Above ALL others, it has always been, and remains, my pride and joy, and favorite device. :wub:

I do hope that anyone else who is the fortunate recipient of an EPM will come on over and say hello!

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread