Eroll and Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I sent my Mom the Eroll and im wondering if she really is enjoying the taste of it,she has nothing too compare too and neither do i except i have an Ego C stock setup i have used .I dont really like the Ego taste anymore since ive been into RRBA`s.

Can someone please explain if the Eroll tastes better than the Ego and why,its pretty much the same tank system,do they have different air channels in the tank tips,im stumped.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Eroll delivers a very good quality of taste that is possible. If she's having any issues with eroll tell her it's the best out there in its class. Eroll regulates its voltage so it stays 3.7 from beginning to dead battery. The atty is what helps it perform so well. If the ego has a atty like the eroll it should taste the same on a fresh charge. Ego is not regulated. Just the right amount of juice gets to the atty with eroll I think and when there is just a hair too much delivered it will mute everything vapor and taste a little. I think the smaller tank is also helping eroll.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Eroll delivers a very good quality of taste that is possible. If she's having any issues with eroll tell her it's the best out there in its class.

She says it tastes great,reason why im asking is because she 2000 miles away and she never treid anything else too compare too,but why does the Eroll taste better than the Egos?

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The eroll uses the same atty as the ego. The ego upgrade (if that's the one you have) when in regulated mode (white light), however, is regulated at 3.3 volts while the eroll is regulated at 3.7 volts. The upgrade in UNregulated mode (orange light) with a fully charged batt gets 4.2 volts for a very short while and then mostly 3.7 volts until its about 3/4 drained and then drops in increments down to 3.2 volts until it needs a charge. Volts, and consequent heat, are going to affect flavor depending on the temp required for different flavor molecultes to be vaporized. So with any setup voltage counts greatly where flavor is concerned. Then, of course, there's the delivery factor. Most cartomizers are going to delivery more flavor than something with a small wick like the eroll, clearomizers and other tanks. I've heard tell the best flavor delivery is a cartomizer in a tank and that makes logical sense but I haven't tried it. Anyway, I'm trying to say there are many factors that affect taste so you can't really compare using just the battery type. But, with a clearomizer on it, the ego in [Iunregulated mode/I] should taste pretty close to an eroll. I only use cartomizers on my ego so, yes, that way unregulated mode (which will drain it quicker) there is more taste depending on the juice I'm vaping.. (remember different ones require different heats.) But with another juice, in regulated mode on the ego with cartomizer, I get less flavor than the 3.7 volt eroll. Hope that helps and I didn't make it too confusing.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Not fair to compare them. A gennie, or a dripper, will always be better in taste and vapour production. But they will need a bigger battery to perform. But knowing the size factor, convenience and elegance the eroll is great!
I have both and not sure why but no, I think the eRoll is better, but that is just my opinion.

I can only think it is something to do with the eRoll tank and also the battery is regulated at 3.7 volts.

buddywally

Jun 6, 2013
eugene, OR
I prefer the taste of my eroll to just about everything I have. Saying that, however, now that I've got a couple of RBA's (cheapos) protanks, vivnovas etc I will say that the flavor is mellower in comparision, I think I just like it on the mellow side.

I wish they'd make some lower resistance (1.8 or 2.0 ohm) atomizers for the eroll, then I think you'd have some real flavor goin on.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
buddywally:10037755 said:
I wish they'd make some lower resistance (1.8 or 2.0 ohm) atomizers for the eroll, then I think you'd have some real flavor goin on.

You can buy LR atties on the Ovale site. They sell the emini, which is the exact same thing as the eRoll (I think the eRoll is actaully Ovale's emini remarketed by Joyetech)

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
[Those are the resistances just about. 1.8 range and 2.2 range. Usually 2.2 range is what is available on more sites and I prefer it myself so the long slow draw doesn't tresult in fried coil wile vaping. Which has happened a few times when I was comparing the Atties Otherwise I saw no real difference. QUOTE=buddywally;10037755]I prefer the taste of my eroll to just about everything I have. Saying that, however, now that I've got a couple of RBA's (cheapos) protanks, vivnovas etc I will say that the flavor is mellower in comparision, I think I just like it on the mellow side.

I wish they'd make some lower resistance (1.8 or 2.0 ohm) atomizers for the eroll, then I think you'd have some real flavor goin on.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread