Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Hello,

My eRolls have been leaking like crazy from day 1. Ive had my eRoll kit for less than a week, and it's a real PITA. I know it's not due to not worn out parts (e.g. overused tanks, atties) since this started on day 1.

Got my kit Thurs evening, charged everything up, filled my tanks (ordered a 5-pack with my kit) and was very very excited about putting my little stash in a cute fabric bag I'd bought just for the kit. Fast forward to Friday afternoon "smoke break" and I open my little fabric bag to find that the entire bottom is soaked in juice. The loose eRoll tank had pretty much completely emptied itself. Luckily I had some tissues to wipe off my hands. Next I turn to the eRoll that was sitting in the charger (inverted to avoid overcharging). Opened the case and guess what? juice all over the eRoll and all over the spot where the eCig rests in the charger! Okay, so much for my eCigs. Pulled out an analog and had that instead.

This has happened several times. Go to pick up an eRoll and there's juice everywhere, very messy and frustrating. Maybe I need to start marking the tanks to try and figure out which ones leak and whether they all do this, or just some? I am now paranoid to store these things laying flat, which makes them really hard to transport. Have resorted to using a tick tac container to keep them upright (by resting the two eRolls inside the opened lid). And that way too, and leaking is caught in the tic tack container. Now I have to carefully carry my supplies in this precarious manner and have tissues with me too.

I bought the eRoll largely for convenience (and for the nice subtle appearance), but this is not doing the trick.

I did see a couple different posts about the two different types of tanks (the newer ones apparently do not have the tabs near the bottom part that goes in the tank). I seem to have the "old" style tanks. Could that be the issue?

I have been careful to fill the tanks almost totally full (to create a vacuum) but leave a little space at the end for the atty. I've tried filling to different levels and nothing seems to make a difference. For what it's worth the tanks seem less snug than I would expect, but since I am so brand new to this my judgement on how tight or lose they should be is really a guess. I did order a new set of tanks from MBV (just got them last night) and have tried out one so far. I noticed that it was *WAY* tighter than those that I got with my kit. Could that be the issue? I have lost track of which tank it is now because I have 3 eRolls and lots of the juices are the same color.

I do not know what to do and am so frustrated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I have the "old style" tanks (I think), the ones with the tabs that snap over the edge on the bottom, and I have never once had a leak...I've left mine everywhere--in pockets, on the couch, on counters, in my purse. I used my eRolls exclusively for almost two months.

How are you filling the tank? Are you filling from the top hole, or the bottom (battery side)?

Edited:

Ahh, I read the post more closely...and this may be your problem:

The loose eRoll tank had pretty much completely emptied itself.

What I do is keep the condoms from the tank packaging, and when the tank is full, put the condom back on, pressing it firmly against the fill hole to create a bit of suction. Usually if I transport tanks like this, I put them in a zip lock baggie just in case there's some leakage.

Usually what I've done is just bring along a couple of small bottles of juice and refill on the fly.

Sorry to hear you're having problems...most people who are complaining of "leakage" are commenting on the small amount of condensation that can build up inside the cone and escape.

Last edited:

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I think I miscommunicated what happened. I should have said "the loose eRoll" meaning the one that wasn't inside the charger but just laying "loose" in the fabric bag. It wasn't a standalone tank that leaked.

I do re-cap the tanks with the little plastic things that they come with, which I think is the condom you're talking about. The back-up tanks don't leak (but I do keep them in a ziplock, just in case), all of the leaking is from assembled eRolls. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Assembled erolls should not leak. Period.
Who did you buy it from
Are pushing the tanks tightly into their position
Are you using the Atties that came in the kit
was the kit sealed cellophane etc...with joy serial number
More info?
are your juices the consistency of water. ( ha ha joke)
Hopefully it's user error. It sounds like it but without pictures of every little detail on those little things it's kind of hard
be aware that they should not be doing this at all

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I think I miscommunicated what happened. I should have said "the loose eRoll" meaning the one that wasn't inside the charger but just laying "lose" in the fabric bag. It wasn't a standalone tank that leaked.

I do re-cap the tanks with the little plastic things that they come with, which I think is the condom you're talking about. The back-up tanks don't leak (but I do keep them in a ziplock, just in case), all of the leaking is from assembled eRolls. Sorry for any confusion.

Oh, so I read it right the first time! :p

OK, so I guess I have to agree with Faylool...something isn't right. At all. They should NOT be leaking, especially not draining completely.

When you put your tank on, do you feel any slight sort of "click"? I know that my replacement/new tanks do it better than my originals, but usually there's a millimeter or so before the ridge on the tank where there's some resistance. If I push hard, then it snaps into place. The older tanks don't do it as much as the new ones do, but there's still a little bit of resistance.

Do you have that with yours?

HappyGAFFER

Jun 25, 2013
toronto
I ordered right from joyetech 100 eroll kits, i have used and had the pleasure to interact with many that use the eroll kits. Gotta say eroll's are the only ecig that never leaks!!!!!!!!! To the best of my knowledge there is no rubber silicone cap and even if there was i would say u have different problem. If i were to guess there is some sort of user error (please dont take offense we all have done them) The one thing that comes to mind is the atomizer cone placed backwards and this would make the tank sit very loose and maybe cause this?
I hope you work this out as i know it can be frustrating . I would give as much info as u can in here i promise someone will know the awnser.(pictures,supplier,juice,)

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Assembled erolls should not leak. Period.
Who did you buy it from
Are pushing the tanks tightly into their position
Are you using the Atties that came in the kit
was the kit sealed cellophane etc...with joy serial number
More info?
are your juices the consistency of water. ( ha ha joke)
Hopefully it's user error. It sounds like it but without pictures of every little detail on those little things it's kind of hard
be aware that they should not be doing this at all

I bought it from Rocky Mountain Vapor, which I am pretty sure is reputable. The box wasn't sealed in cellophane, but I think that's just because they opened it to add a second cone to the kit. The box does have the Joyetech branding, barcode, etc., so it looks legit.... at the same time I wonder if I somehow got bad tanks/atties (it has to happen some percent of the time I think).

Juices are mostly 80/20 with a couple 70/30s in there....

I do think I'm pushing everything in tightly, but I will try to make sure I check on that more going forward. Good to know that this should not be happening. Means it's either some bad parts or user error. Either way there's a solution. :)

When you put your tank on, do you feel any slight sort of "click"? I know that my replacement/new tanks do it better than my originals, but usually there's a millimeter or so before the ridge on the tank where there's some resistance. If I push hard, then it snaps into place. The older tanks don't do it as much as the new ones do, but there's still a little bit of resistance.

Do you have that with yours?

I do hear a little bit of a click when putting the tank on, perhaps as suggested above I should really make sure I'm pushing them in tightly enough.

Think I'll mark or somehow identify each tank so that I can narrow down the ones that are leaking everywhere and the ones that are just leaking a little (maybe on those they weren't pushed in enough?)

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Here are some pics: just refilled and assembled my eRolls:

IMG_0438.jpg

And here's how I store/transport backup tanks:

IMG_0439.jpg

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Gotta say eroll's are the only ecig that never leaks!!!!!!!!

Well, I have seen that others have had leaking issues too, but I get the feeling that eRolls often don't leak and some users never have an issue. So there's hope!

If i were to guess there is some sort of user error (please dont take offense we all have done them) The one thing that comes to mind is the atomizer cone placed backwards and this would make the tank sit very loose and maybe cause this?
I hope you work this out as i know it can be frustrating . I would give as much info as u can in here i promise someone will know the awnser.(pictures,supplier,juice,)

Haha, no offense taken.... that said I don't think that it would be possible to assemble it with any pieces upside down.... lol. Anyway like you said, will get resolved ....

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
How are you filling the tank? Are you filling from the top hole, or the bottom (battery side)?

Just realized that I missed this question...

I fill from the end that meets with the battery, not the mouthpiece end. I use a needle tip bottle so that I am not removing the bottom cap...

I am starting to suspect that possibly only a handful (maybe 3 of the original 8) of these tanks are bad and that I just need to identify them??? Hoping that's the case.

In my enthusiasm and desire to never run out of tanks to use, I went a bit nuts with the tank refills, always having the tanks refilled and ready to go in my little ziplock bag. I was in the habit of refilling them shortly after they were emptied --whether that was from vaping them or them just leaking out, LOL. :unsure: Except today I was so busy that I finally got down to only 2 backups, no time for refilling tanks...

In the end I wonder if I may be just putting a few bad tanks back into rotation again and again without realizing that I keep reaching for them (last in first out pattern).....

With that said, one of the tanks that I just refilled to post a pic is starting to leak just a little already.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Good luck to you! The eRoll is what got me to quit, and so I get frustrated right along with other new vapers who aren't having the same, easy, no-hassle experience that I did.

Thank you!! Appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I do love the eRoll, and I know once this is resolved it's going to be one of my favorite things. It's a fantastic vape and a sweet little eCig. Not giving up yet, and this string has given me a few things to think about... :)

Off to bed for me, gotta get up in about 7 hours. Thanks again.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Thank you!! Appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I do love the eRoll, and I know once this is resolved it's going to be one of my favorite things. It's a fantastic vape and a sweet little eCig. Not giving up yet, and this string has given me a few things to think about... :)

Off to bed for me, gotta get up in about 7 hours. Thanks again.
Hi J_Grundy,

Don't give up on the eRoll been using it about six weeks now, at the start I did have a few issues with having to constantly wiping down the cone, experimented with a few different juices until the problem stopped, now I have trouble free vaping with the eRoll.

Thanks

malcop

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
Hi J_Grundy,

Don't give up on the eRoll been using it about six weeks now, at the start I did have a few issues with having to constantly wiping down the cone, experimented with a few different juices until the problem stopped, now I have trouble free vaping with the eRoll.

Thanks

malcop

Thanks so much. Did you find that it was better to use juices that were a little bit thicker? Like a 60/40 mix? Or was it just more of hit and miss experimentation until you found ones that worked?

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
I give my cartridges a firm 1/4-turn after I put a new one in. I have had some small leakage, but it was early on in my e-rollin and I'm pretty sure I was over-filling cartridges.

Thank you, I am going to start doing that, maybe it will help. I was giving each cart a tiny twist, but nowhere close to a 1/4 turn.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Thanks so much. Did you find that it was better to use juices that were a little bit thicker? Like a 60/40 mix? Or was it just more of hit and miss experimentation until you found ones that worked?
I'm now using a 60/40 mix, but before that I was using 100% VG without any issues, but what I think is more important is the consistency of the e liquid you are using, too thin and I had problems.

J_Gundy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2013
Sonoma, CA, USA
I'm now using a 60/40 mix, but before that I was using 100% VG without any issues, but what I think is more important is the consistency of the e liquid you are using, too thin and I had problems.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have any 60/40 juices, but this just might give me an excuse to buy some! ;)

Now that I think about it, I do have one 5ml sample that is 100% VG. I should try that as an experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread