ever get pulled over by the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowWulf

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Or, LEO (law enforcement officials) *could* think, depending on the state you're in, it's something similar to a vape-pen from vape-pen . com being used medicinally like it should be.

Unless you do a search of Vaporizer on you tube and discover these seem to be used to much more illegal and stupid things than I would of thought.

Ironically i keep expecting to be pulled over or stopped for vaping myself, being tattooed up my ears etc etc people are bound to jump to conclusions (especialy here in Los Angeles). Better yet im studying to be a drug and alcohol rehab counselor :-x

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I was recently driving and vaping on my stainless steel DSE-901 when I saw the red and blues flashing behind me. So I pull over, the officer comes to my window and sternly says to me "get out of the vehicle now" So I get out of my vehicle, his partner throws me up against the car and yells at me to put my hands behind my back, cuffs me and starts to read me my miranda rights. Once the officer starts to cuff me I ask repeatedly "what did I do officer?" The other officer takes my 901 and shows it to me and says "that's what you did boy" Then he proceeds to take my bottle of 15ml grape juice and says to me "what is this liquid ....?" I say "no sir, the device is my e-cigarette and the bottle of juice is liquid nicotine for my e-cigarette." The officer looks at me and says "sure it is boy. Explain it to the judge." Then I'm thrown into the back of a police cruiser and taken to jail. Once at the jail I'm told I'm being charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of narcotics and since I was being charged with narcotics possession which is a felony my bail was set at $50,000. Because my bail was set so high and I don't have that kind of money to make bail I now have to sit in jail and wait for my court date. Thankfully this didn't really happen to me and was only a bad dream I had. But could this happen to somebody? I hope not.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Or, LEO (law enforcement officials) *could* think, depending on the state you're in, it's something similar to a vape-pen from vape-pen . com being used medicinally like it should be.

The whole problem with that theory is that it requires these fascist cops to do some thinking with their brains, which is a totally foreign concept to many of these idiots. They are much more likely to arrest and imprison because they are uninformed.

I had a cop pull me over the other week with my JuiceBox in my hand. He thought it was a drug delivery device and I told him it was none of his business what it was since he had no probable cause to stop me. I had come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I was not speeding or driving erratically, or anything at all wrong or improper, I even had my child with me. He gave me a typical idiot cop look as if he was trying to figure out a way to perform a search without getting his .... in a sling since I was well within my rights to tell him to go screw himself. He tried to reason with me stating that by all rights he could detain me until a warrant arrived, and I said good luck with that since you still have no probable cause, and if a judge signs a bogus warrant for this I will have their job as well, test me and find out. I then told him it was a modded E-cig he could believe me or we could play this all the way out.....I was on my way in no time at all with no search and no seizure and one very angry cop. Police do not have unlimited search and seizure powers just make sure that you have nothing in the car that could be construed as illegal because at this point he will be looking for ANYTHING.

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
The whole problem with that theory is that it requires these fascist cops to do some thinking with their brains, which is a totally foreign concept to many of these idiots. They are much more likely to arrest and imprison because they are uninformed.

I had a cop pull me over the other week with my JuiceBox in my hand. He thought it was a drug delivery device and I told him it was none of his business what it was since he had no probable cause to stop me. I had come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I was not speeding or driving erratically, or anything at all wrong or improper, I even had my child with me. He gave me a typical idiot cop look as if he was trying to figure out a way to perform a search without getting his .... in a sling since I was well within my rights to tell him to go screw himself. He tried to reason with me stating that by all rights he could detain me until a warrant arrived, and I said good luck with that since you still have no probable cause, and if a judge signs a bogus warrant for this I will have their job as well, test me and find out. I then told him it was a modded E-cig he could believe me or we could play this all the way out.....I was on my way in no time at all with no search and no seizure and one very angry cop. Police do not have unlimited search and seizure powers just make sure that you have nothing in the car that could be construed as illegal because at this point he will be looking for ANYTHING.

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
Right....What I think triggered me to have that dream was a week before the dream I was pulled over at 3:00am going to work. The officer comes to my window and asks me 'where are you going?" I said "to work." He stares a me for a few seconds then says "oh ok. Your free to go." So as he's walking back to his cruiser I yelled to him out my window "was there a problem officer? Did I do anything wrong?' He says "nope" gets in his cruiser and peels off. So I guess where I live they can just pull you over and ask you where your going. Which is pretty scary as far as I'm concerned.

CDC700

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Central Texas
Nothing to get excited about. They carry drug identification kits and if there was any doubt, they could test the liquid on the spot. If nothing else, you might get to meet one of their pooches ;) I would say that most LEO's HATE drugs so if you are doing something that's abnormal you should expect a bit of skepticism. heck, even my friends look a little puzzled the first time they see an e-cig..

gdogg

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
Nibiru
I had one follow me one night, when I was out for a walk at 3am

I was doing my normal walk on my day 1 of my ecig. (m402 one stainless, one white)
Using it on and off, 3 puff here, 3 there and back i my pocket.

First time I noticed the cruiser it was beside me, with a lady staring out the window at me with the car lights on as I was crossing the road at the lights.
(I was wearing headphones with a hoody up and hadn't notice it before then) it startled me a bit and I smiled and let them have the right of way.

20 minutes later in my walk, same cruiser , crossing another street, in front of me this time ,I had my white ecig out vs the stainless silver this time. Smiled again after taking a puff, putting it back into my pocket and they quickly sped off in the direction of the hq downtown.

I assume, someone noticed my weird cigarette behavior , called them and once they had figured out what was going on. They left all frustrated

Last edited:
I do worry about this, as I usually vape while driving. Honestly, I'm more worried some cop will see the glow at night and think it's a cell phone. I figured out that I can hold it by the end, with the light cupped in my palm. At night there's no glowing blue dot in front of my face. So far, so good! (knock on wood)

Dram202

Nov 30, 2009
Illinois

I think you're a bit over the moon with yourself here. No need to make wholesale judgements about police officers.

Really don't see you having anyones job anytime soon, either. If the cop was unfamiliar with what you had in your vehicle...so what? Just a human being like you. Human beings are prone to err.

orlampagal

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
United States
www.myspace.com
I don't know about what state you live in...Kevbow... but LEO's have on site testing capability. If they were really that ignorant, well they would surely see (after you were handcuffed and put in the back of the cruiser) that there are no drugs in your e-cigarette. They cannot charge you with possession of narcotic equipment (mis in most states) if your equipment cannot be used for narcotics.... Now that being said, people use all kinds of stuff for narcotics... ie tin foil, spoons, swiss army knives, lighters, matches, pens etc. I have yet to see how one would use an e-cig for drugs unless they managed to suspend the "drug" in pg or vg.

Again, should the officer do what he is supposed to do, a roadside test would simply prove that you do NOT have drugs on you.

orlampagal

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
United States
www.myspace.com
I think you're a bit over the moon with yourself here. No need to make wholesale judgements about police officers.

Really don't see you having anyones job anytime soon, either. If the cop was unfamiliar with what you had in your vehicle...so what? Just a human being like you. Human beings are prone to err.

Dram... I think he still had the adrenalin rush after the run in with the LEO. I have worked with officers in many capacities, and most are knowledgeable about modern technology. What I saw in his message was something that is more concerning. When the officer asked what it was, the proper way to deal with a question from a LEO is to offer a truthful response in as few words as possible. I would have said "It is an electronic cigarette," and leave it at that. IMO, by being confrontational from the getgo, he made the officer suspicious. I have never, and will never, talk to an officer, court official, social worker or anyone in any official capacity as if they were useless. I do agree that LEO's are human and humans commonly err.

To be honest, why are we even discussing the what if's? Nobody has ever had a run in with officers like Kev mentioned. The only thing I dislike about officers are the stinky speeding tickets lmao!!! (got speeding ticket #9 in June) OH and I was vaping the entire time he was at my window and he didn't say a WORD!

ZoSo15

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Arizona
I don't know about what state you live in...Kevbow... but LEO's have on site testing capability. If they were really that ignorant, well they would surely see (after you were handcuffed and put in the back of the cruiser) that there are no drugs in your e-cigarette. They cannot charge you with possession of narcotic equipment (mis in most states) if your equipment cannot be used for narcotics.... Now that being said, people use all kinds of stuff for narcotics... ie tin foil, spoons, swiss army knives, lighters, matches, pens etc. I have yet to see how one would use an e-cig for drugs unless they managed to suspend the "drug" in pg or vg.

Again, should the officer do what he is supposed to do, a roadside test would simply prove that you do NOT have drugs on you.

Vaporizers have been around for a while as a cleaner alternative to smoking a certain green plant. That said, I have no idea if these small battery-powered atomizers would get hot enough for it to actually work. The high voltage ones might, but I don't deal with that stuff anymore.

I agree with you about talking to the police. I can't stand people that hold a grudge against them. We've all had bad experiences with police, but that doesn't mean you have to hate every single one. I had a number of close calls in high school and I always got out of trouble just by being polite and honest (one time I wasn't honest, but the cops had forced entry with no warrant so they didn't have a leg to stand on anyway. Admitting to the substance in my back pocket would've just caused more hassle).

Last edited:

umop apisdn

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Be careful. These kind of topics aren't really supposed to be discussed on this forum. Just looking out for you and anyone that responds to this thread. I don't want you guys to get banned. :)

As far as I know, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but mentioning certain substances is not against forum policy, it's the discussion of them. The OP should be in the clear for this. Don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread