ever get pulled over by the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kklogan

Sep 15, 2009
Washington DC
In my experience, I get more heat from uninformed spectators than cops. I live around Burbank, CA, and as anyone who has been to downtown Burbank can tell you, it is illegal to smoke in public places. That being said, I started vaping while I was walking down the street on my way to grab a cup of coffee. I passed by this couple who whispered to each other about about how I was breaking the law by smoking. I let it go knowing I was completely within my rights and the right side of the law. Later that day, I was vaping outside a bar around the same area. Some cops pulled over to the side of the road, looked at me for a second and got out of their squad car, then they walked to the other side of the plaza. All this happened while I was vaping. Since then, I don't mind vaping in public even if their is a smoking ban. I just mind the bad looks I get from people who don't know what I'm doing and "assume" I'm doing something illegal.

As far as getting pulled over is concerned, I have not been pulled over for vaping. I have stoped at a stoplight with cops next to my car, but nothing ever happens. I go my way and they go theirs.

The few times I've hit my ecig while riding the subway, usually because I'm on a train that has been delayed, people literally get out of their seats and move away from me as if i'm dangerous. This is a very conservative area lifestyle-wise probably doesn't help that I have a lot of tattoos.

It's only a matter of time before I get pulled over vapin this..
2010-02-12%2023.58.14.jpg

jumboslice

Feb 25, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Well well, I see someone is very anti-LEO. I'm sorry to throw this discussion off kilter and I realize that this is my first post but I felt someone needed to protect our side.

A little background on me: I'm currently 1 month from graduating the police academy here in NE Ohio. I recently purchased a Joye 510 so I can use it while working and cut out the use of regular smokes.

Now let's get on to what you said:

The whole problem with that theory is that it requires these fascist cops to do some thinking with their brains, which is a totally foreign concept to many of these idiots. They are much more likely to arrest and imprison because they are uninformed.

Thank you for calling every single cop in the country a fascist, non-thinking imp but your statement is unfortunately false. Although I do not have a college degree, experience as an MP and served in Afghanistan while in the USMC. I invite you sometime to take a police test in your local jurisdiction to see just how "little" we think.

I had a cop pull me over the other week with my JuiceBox in my hand. He thought it was a drug delivery device and I told him it was none of his business what it was since he had no probable cause to stop me. I had come to a complete stop at a stop sign. I was not speeding or driving erratically, or anything at all wrong or improper, I even had my child with me.

Now I bet you that a good deal of police officers have never seen one of these tools in their lives. Let's be honest, an E-cig is a tool, at least that's my opinion. Now a police officer's job is to learn everything he can about the particular zone he patrols. The people, the drugs, the businesses, everything. When he sees something out of the ordinary, he is alerted to it and want's to find out what it is obviously. Furthermore, an officer doesn't need probable cause to stop you, only reasonable suspicion which is a lesser amount of certainty. Whether or not you have a child in the vehicle does not factor into the forming of his reasonable suspicion.

He gave me a typical idiot cop look as if he was trying to figure out a way to perform a search without getting his .... in a sling since I was well within my rights to tell him to go screw himself. He tried to reason with me stating that by all rights he could detain me until a warrant arrived, and I said good luck with that since you still have no probable cause, and if a judge signs a bogus warrant for this I will have their job as well, test me and find out.

When the officer pulled you over, you had your E-cig out in the open. Since he probably thought it was a pipe of some sort, he has what is known as plain view. Plain view means, you guessed it, it's out in the open and can be seen. He could have detained you until he got a warrant, or becuase he thought it was a pipe, you would have been processed for ORC 2925.14, Drug Paraphernallia Offenses which is a M4 in the great state of Ohio. Therefore once you are arrested, the officer is then allowed to inventory the contents of your vehicle for public safety and for safe keeping.

Again, sorry for making this so long, but I feel that the otherside needed to be represented lol. Oh and hi everyone :p

Jaganic_Solitude

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Washington, NJ, USA
www.blogtv.com
I once had a cop come over to my place to ask me some questions about my neighborhood (I live in the rich part of town, just saying) and when he noticed my black 510, he told me about how his wife vapes. I asked him how much his wife spent...spent about $120 at the mall. Mine was like $40 at electronicstix. I kept the impending comment to myself but it was nice to see some people vaping in my area

I am in a college dorm, and the first time a dorm parent walked in and saw me vaping he told me to come into his office...I thought he'd try to find a way to punish me for it, but it turns out he's a smoker and wanted to know where to get a Joye 510 like mine! It's understandable for people to be startled at first sight of an e-cig... I sure was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread