Evic battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Hey all So I've had my evic for about 1 month now and I noticed my Battery drains alot faster compared to the first 2 weeks I had it. Im hoping to get an answer for my question which is. my vapor production seems to not be the same(alot less) my battery is fully charged but drains quickly is Having less vapor the result of a battery which is dying? I ordered the panasonic ncr18650 3400 mah and can you please give me tips on how and when to charge it. and since my original samsung battery is still new can I bring it back to life? Thanks guys!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
eVic meter works well to monitor the Battery and eVic will stop firing before allowing the battery to drop below safe limits.
Sounds like you just got unlucky with the first Battery. Mine still acts like new, but they can go limp at any time.

I normally swap/recharge around 20-25% on the monitor so it doesn't take so long.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
Lol, gray/ blackish dirt! Haha, clean it more often... It's just juice getting burnt on the connector. If you keep it clean that shouldnt be the issue either... Could just be the dead battery, I mean where this stuff comes from, quality control is low, and 'bad' batteries happen... The good thing with APVs they can be replaced without spending a ton of money.

You are on firmware 1.2 right?

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
thats good to know would it be maybe I would put it to charge when it dropped to around 60%?

Not really, things like these. And batteries like these, doesnt matter, so many fail safes... It's hard to mess it up, even if you tried. It's better not to rely on fail safes. But seems so far, you are not doing anything wrong.

Try cleaning the connector with some HIGH proof vodka or everclear (rubbing alcohol works too)... Clean the delivery device.

Have you tried a new delivery device? as that's whats prob causing your lack of vapor

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
ahh Thanks for the tips. I usually just use a q-tip to clean it out. Ill use alcohol right now to clean it up. and my delivery device is a smoktech Udct tank. it might or might not be the device because both of them are performing the same and just to make sure it wasnt the device I put in a new carto and its a hit or miss with both of the tanks sometimes ill get a nice draw and sometimes not that great. and as for the recall ill have to check but mine came with the 1.1 firmware so im sure it was after the december batch. I hate my udct tank btw..I made did my research and people say the vapor production and the taste is superb..but my mini vivi nova blew out clouds and great taste and my dual coil tank kind of muted the flavor and the vapor was ehhhh

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Duel coil = needs more power

He.s right, Veezy. Switching from a Mini Vivi Nova to a Smoktech UDCT 2ohm Dual coil cartomizer is like swapping the light in your flashlight from a standard MagLight bulb to a Coast Guard grade fog lamp...

You've at least doubled the load on your battery with a dual-coil device, and that would DEFINITELY reduce your battery's life on a charge...

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
He.s right, Veezy. Switching from a Mini Vivi Nova to a Smoktech UDCT 2ohm Dual coil cartomizer is like swapping the light in your flashlight from a standard MagLight bulb to a Coast Guard grade fog lamp...

You've at least doubled the load on your battery with a dual-coil device, and that would DEFINITELY reduce your battery's life on a charge...

Sorry i didnt make it clear. ive only used dual coil on my evic I used my vivi nova on my ego ctwist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread