eVic Programming and Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneforpeace

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Mill Spring, NC, USA
Hi, if I weren't a new member with less than five posts, yet, I'd reply to this thread... eVic question. So, instead, I'll post here, as these questions are some of the most pressing as I begin my journey into the vaping world.

I have the exact same questions as Aschecte, and I've had no luck in my Google, Bing, and ECF searches trying to answer them. Katya's reply to Aschecte is not of much help, as the answers are not to be found in the eVic manual nor in the embedded video.

I guess I could just experiment, try the different settings (like Stealth mode and inverse configure), and learn by experience, but I'm hoping someone here has already discovered the answers and is willing to share. :)

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
In stealth mode, the display doesn't light up when you fire the eVic.

Inverse mode inverts the display. What's light is dark, and vice versa.

The vapor set modes (RVV, RVW1-3) are a bit trickier, and require you to hook up the eVic to a computer. Once you're in the My Vapor Record (MVR) software, you can 'program' these modes. I can't remember what the R stands for, but let's call it 'Running Variable Voltage' and 'Running Variable Wattage. What these let you do is say, fire the eVic at 4V for the first second, then drop to 3.7 for a second, then 3.5 for the rest, up to ten seconds. Same with wattage. I've experimented a bit with it (with RVW, anyway, I'm a wattage kind of guy now), and I do find that some of my thicker juices benefit from a quick burst of slightly higher power, and then a drop for the rest of the drag while the coil is already hot -- might also stretch the battery life a bit, who knows?

I only skimmed that other post, so let me know if that doesn't take care of everything,.

oneforpeace

Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Mill Spring, NC, USA
Nice! Thanks all! It appears I was not using the right search terms/keywords; otherwise I would have found the threads you referenced myself.

I'm thinking that JoyeTech has upgraded the eVic firmware and MVR software faster than they have upgraded the documentation, and that is the reason the newer features are not described in the manuals, nor online.

I've had no problem connecting my eVic to my PC and the MVR software, but I had no idea what some of the features were for. Now, I do!

The only question that has been missed in your great responses is: "In the home screen menu what is homescreen(L) or (R) ?" And I figured that answer out myself... The home screen is what is displayed when the eVic is powered up and after it identifies the resistance of the attached atomizer (if any). As an eVic user, using the home screen menu, I can select which information is displayed on the left and right sides of the home screen: number of puffs, wattage/voltage, battery indicator, alarm info., etc.

Now, off to try some of the RVW options... as a moderate to heavy analog smoker (for 30 years (Marlboro Red, Medium, and American Spirit Blue and Yellow)) I've still found the 1.8 mg nicotine juices that I initially purchased to have far too strong a throat hit. (Heck, I got dizzy as hell, like when I first started smoking when I was 17, the first night I tried vaping.) Perhaps the RVW options will solve that? I'd hate to throw $30 of 1.8 juice away just to replace it with lower nicotine juice

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Now, off to try some of the RVW options... as a moderate to heavy analog smoker (for 30 years (Marlboro Red, Medium, and American Spirit Blue and Yellow)) I've still found the 1.8 mg nicotine juices that I initially purchased to have far too strong a throat hit. (Heck, I got dizzy as hell, like when I first started smoking when I was 17, the first night I tried vaping.) Perhaps the RVW options will solve that? I'd hate to throw $30 of 1.8 juice away just to replace it with lower nicotine juice

You might want to keep it simple at first and just use 'static' voltage or wattage. Maybe start at 3.2V and bump it up slighty after each vape, get a feel for what the extra heat does to the juice. Then once you have a better idea of your sweet spot for that juice, maybe experiment.

The liquid you have may also just be kind of harsh. I have a bottle of 80% PG juice that's only classed at 11mg sitting in my pantry in case I ever need to call in sick and have a convincing 'sore throat' voice. Even if I barely heat it up at low wattage, there's this real burn to it.

I also forgot: welcome, and congratulations on trying to make the switch. 20-a-day smoker for 20 years here, it'll be a month this weekend since I quit.

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Good luck, and don't feel bad if you fall off the wagon once or twice.

I actually give the eVic a lot of credit for my progress, no joke. I started with a couple of Ego batteries and some Chinese juice (which I actually liked, and still like some of it), but a week or two later ordered the eVic because I'm a gadget nerd and the display and interface really appealed to me. I've got some less...frilly, arguably more robust APVs on the way (a Vamo and an MVP2), but I think the eVic will stay in the rotation at home, it's easier to double-check voltage/wattage with a single button press when you can show more than one thing on the screen at once.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
VV
This is the Variable Voltage setting, where you can change the the voltage using the ring on the eVic.

VW
This is the Variable Wattage setting, where you can change the the voltage using the ring on the eVic.

RVV
This is for the programmed setting you can do using the MVR software. You can program a custom "vape curve" using Variable Voltage levels, that actually changes over the length of draw. you get ONE of these programmable VV settings.

RVW1, RVW2, and RVW3
These are also for the programmed settings you can do using the MVR software. You can program a custom "vape curve" using Variable Wattage levels, that actually changes over the length of draw. you get THREE of these programmable VW settings.

The advantage to having three VW settings is that different juices taste better at different power settings, so you can dial in your program to your favorite juices. Also, different devices (cartos, attys, RBAs, etc) perform better at different settings, so you can make custom vape-curve settings tailored to your favorite atty or tank or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread