Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Still wondering if this has been tried out? .5 seems high for titanium? etc. CLR-Ti Head - Joyetech
-cf
why high?? 6 3mm diameter wraps of 29g...no problemo! Also the legs are very long (which might be a problem) so it might even be 28g...

Actually I think they use 26g but even then its doable - 10/11 wraps ish around say 3mm with 10mm of legs get there pretty much!

Reactions: cowfood

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
anyone tried 20 awg?
ti?

can anyone help on on shedidng light to rebuild the clr head that came with this,
vertical coils
where do i clip the legs to?
the lower part i guess is in between the silicon and the gold part
the upper part?

and do you pulse first to check for hotspots?
or just put a wick and go?

any help would be appreciated,sorry will try to look at the vid later,youtube is still blocked @ work hehehhehe

3mhmama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
Los Angeles
I had placed an order just for the mini from slowtech, but didn't want to wait until the end of October to get it. I found the whole kit for $10 more from ($48.50) another vendor that seemed like it'd be faster, so I cancelled my original order and just received shipping confirmation for the kit (glad I cancelled that original one!)

I've got the larger VT and generally like it (it's just a little too big and heavy -- my justification for the mini!), but I'm skeptical about the mega tank. Will the CLR heads make it a tank worth keeping (I'm a flavor junkie and currently use drippers and clone erlkonigins when I don't want to deal with dripping)? Should I even bother with the mega tank or should I just look to pass it on? Is the problem with the tank that the coils just can't keep up? Or is it down to some other design feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I had placed an order just for the mini from slowtech, but didn't want to wait until the end of October to get it. I found the whole kit for $10 more from ($48.50) another vendor that seemed like it'd be faster, so I cancelled my original order and just received shipping confirmation for the kit (glad I cancelled that original one!)

I've got the larger VT and generally like it (it's just a little too big and heavy -- my justification for the mini!), but I'm skeptical about the mega tank. Will the CLR heads make it a tank worth keeping (I'm a flavor junkie and currently use drippers and clone erlkonigins when I don't want to deal with dripping)? Should I even bother with the mega tank or should I just look to pass it on? Is the problem with the tank that the coils just can't keep up? Or is it down to some other design feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd only use the Mega with CLR's which are not the same as the included - hated the Mega with the included heads but the CLR's are much better as well as being a .... ton easier to build.
Because you have to build the coils at 2.5mm or less you end up getting really good flavor from them, the juice flow is adjustable on these heads too so no problem with wicking.
I'd just totally dump the heads included, thought they were awful.

Reactions: 3mhmama

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
anyone tried 20 awg?
ti?

can anyone help on on shedidng light to rebuild the clr head that came with this,
vertical coils
where do i clip the legs to?
the lower part i guess is in between the silicon and the gold part
the upper part?

and do you pulse first to check for hotspots?
or just put a wick and go?

any help would be appreciated,sorry will try to look at the vid later,youtube is still blocked @ work hehehhehe
He does it in the video.

lower leg under silicone,
upper leg in slot in cap you removed with angle cutters/wire stripper
can't pulse coil - you'll burn cotton.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My recently acquired VTC was less than inspiring until today. I suspect it was a 510 issue. Up until a few minutes ago I was having to run the supplied Ti head at 550F and 60W to produce any amount of respectable vapor and it was still very cool and banging into TP constantly. Well, I had to fill the tank and while I had it off I poked the spring loaded 510 a few times just for grins. Put the tank back on, hit the fire button, and it nearly blew my head off. Running it now at 410F and 40W and it's producing the vape I was hoping for out of this device.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Today I got the sigelei 75 watt TC mod, so have the hat trick of the 3 new small mods, already have the IPV D2 and evic mini, and out of all 3, the evic mini is my favorite, not had time to try all with TC, but just for looks the evic wins hands down with the IPV D2 comes a close 2nd, and even though the Sig is a nice mod, it is bigger and thicker than the IPV or evic.

Agreed them CLR heads make then ego one mega tank a really good tank, just as good flavor and vapor as the kanger subtanks, maybe even a bit more, just used the stock kanthal build in it so far, but plan to rebuild one this evening, just not decided if going to go with Ni or Ti yet.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    i think so it vapes fine,
    i used the cl head that originally had nickel on it,
    no leaks as of yet hahahha
    fiulled the tnak to the brim,no hints yet of a hotleg.

thou i had to file the small cut on the top part to accomodate the larger gauged wire
    Glad it worked out for you! Heard doing that improves them greatly and if you are into vertical coil attys I wouldn't chuck the CLs in the bin just yet as the seem pretty easy to rebuild although I never tried it myself. Soon though.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2014
    RB nj
    Today I got the sigelei 75 watt TC mod, so have the hat trick of the 3 new small mods, already have the IPV D2 and evic mini, and out of all 3, the evic mini is my favorite, not had time to try all with TC, but just for looks the evic wins hands down with the IPV D2 comes a close 2nd, and even though the Sig is a nice mod, it is bigger and thicker than the IPV or evic.

Agreed them CLR heads make then ego one mega tank a really good tank, just as good flavor and vapor as the kanger subtanks, maybe even a bit more, just used the stock kanthal build in it so far, but plan to rebuild one this evening, just not decided if going to go with Ni or Ti yet.
    Really...Wasn't aware they were that good. Still waiting for my Evic and I'll know soon enough.

Glad you are enjoying them!

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Nailz Do you know the o ring size/spec on those. Want to get some colored ones for rebuilding FT CLRs into NI200 & Titanium, be able to swap as needed & have spares.

I can have a look this evening when I rebuild one, only be measured with a ruler, but should be good enough though ;)

zeus01

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    manila

ti if you are rebuilding stock heads
    the stiffness of the wire kinda makes it a bit worry free from hotspots vs ni thats soft,and prone to hotspots in the build,

is this OK ???
    dripper set up...

I only get to temp warning
    when I get near 500
    wick still wet...haven't had hr chance to see if it dries out and get a dry hit

hahahahaha what error should I get?

Attachments

• IMG_20150917_075516.jpg
      IMG_20150917_075516.jpg
      808.5 KB · Views: 109

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well neither my Ti or Ni build was not a success with the CLR head, but I am very new to TC building, and the only successful Ni builds I have had, are with the kanger subtank.

Both Ti and Ni kept hitting temp protection straight away, tried 2 coils of each and same thing, so just ended up doing a kanthal coil for it instead, and that is working well, maybe some with more TC building experience will have more luck than me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread