evic-vtc mini 510 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
So I picked up an evic-vtc mini last night, without the ego-one mega tank. I twisted on my kanger STM, and found there was a tiny gap on one side. Then I checked for loosness. As I did so, I found that the tank wobbled on the 510...as if the connection was loose inside the box. I cut out a thin piece of rubber and made a squishable washer/gasket to go between the tank and the casing and that seems to work. I searched the forums prior to posting this and found nothing. I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this problem, and what can be done to fix it permanently. I may end up taking apart the box and seeing what I can do, but I'd rather not. Besides, the gasket I made works well to protect the box's nice finish, but blocks off the vent on the casing that's supposed to be under the tank.

Also, my crown tank should be in today...will this have the same problem? Or is it just the STM 510 being a bit too long?

cool52

Apr 25, 2014
Portugal
So I picked up an evic-vtc mini last night, without the ego-one mega tank. I twisted on my kanger STM, and found there was a tiny gap on one side. Then I checked for loosness. As I did so, I found that the tank wobbled on the 510...as if the connection was loose inside the box. I cut out a thin piece of rubber and made a squishable washer/gasket to go between the tank and the casing and that seems to work. I searched the forums prior to posting this and found nothing. I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this problem, and what can be done to fix it permanently. I may end up taking apart the box and seeing what I can do, but I'd rather not. Besides, the gasket I made works well to protect the box's nice finish, but blocks off the vent on the casing that's supposed to be under the tank.

Also, my crown tank should be in today...will this have the same problem? Or is it just the STM 510 being a bit too long?

Lots a people have that problem with Subtanks/Evic minis.

Some of them fixed it with : $7.39 Replacement POM Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But a piece of plastic or rubber may do the job…

And the Fastech pieces are not exactly cheap.;)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
when ya'll say you are using a piece of plastic or metal gasket as a bumper, where exactly are you putting this piece? There is a great vid on Youtube that might be nice to watch as you're taking apart the Evic Mini. The guy takes it apart and might guide you through fiddling with it while avoiding hurting things, cutting wires, ripping wires, etc? Idk, just a suggestion. Be careful/ good luck, not to break the internals. Hope this issue is fixed!

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
when ya'll say you are using a piece of plastic or metal gasket as a bumper, where exactly are you putting this piece? There is a great vid on Youtube that might be nice to watch as you're taking apart the Evic Mini. The guy takes it apart and might guide you through fiddling with it while avoiding hurting things, cutting wires, ripping wires, etc? Idk, just a suggestion. Be careful/ good luck, not to break the internals. Hope this issue is fixed!

I can't post a pic as I'm at work, but i cut a 22mm circle out of some thin rubber I had laying around. Then I cut a small hole only big enough to allow the 510 to pass through. This gasket sits inbetween the stm base and the casing for the evic mini vt. I have already seen the video about taking it apart, but there's no need as my crown fits perfectly. If I choose to drip or use the stm, then I just use the gasket I made.

Reactions: Stratsworth

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

This is a common issue among fixed centerpin mods.
The 510 interface itself is really a cigarette/cigalike sized interface.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
I can't post a pic as I'm at work, but i cut a 22mm circle out of some thin rubber I had laying around. Then I cut a small hole only big enough to allow the 510 to pass through. This gasket sits inbetween the stm base and the casing for the evic mini vt. I have already seen the video about taking it apart, but there's no need as my crown fits perfectly. If I choose to drip or use the stm, then I just use the gasket I made.
Does the rubber gasket not affect the venting area on top of the evic? Just wondering bc I just ordered the evic vtc setup AND a Kanger mini to go with it as I've not read good reviews on the ego tank that comes with it.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Does the rubber gasket not affect the venting area on top of the evic? Just wondering bc I just ordered the evic vtc setup AND a Kanger mini to go with it as I've not read good reviews on the ego tank that comes with it.
    The venting is not necessary for the STM. Only attys with bottom air feed would need the venting.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
    its sad to see people say they avoided the evic vtc kit due to bad reviews on the ego-one tank. its truly a great tank with a fantastic airflow control ring. sad to see, indeed. i use mine daily with no issues.
    I will no doubt try the ego one out as I'd like to form my own opinion on it and I did pay for it after all but got the Kanger mini as a back up, just in case. I do like the Kanger minis as I have them on two other mods so it can be used for anything really if need be. :)
    I hope I have good results with it as you do bc it does look nice together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread