The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

evic-vtc mini 510 problem

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Kandem, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kandem

Kandem Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Nova Scotia Canada
    So I picked up an evic-vtc mini last night, without the ego-one mega tank. I twisted on my kanger STM, and found there was a tiny gap on one side. Then I checked for loosness. As I did so, I found that the tank wobbled on the 510...as if the connection was loose inside the box. I cut out a thin piece of rubber and made a squishable washer/gasket to go between the tank and the casing and that seems to work. I searched the forums prior to posting this and found nothing. I'm wondering if anyone else has/had this problem, and what can be done to fix it permanently. I may end up taking apart the box and seeing what I can do, but I'd rather not. Besides, the gasket I made works well to protect the box's nice finish, but blocks off the vent on the casing that's supposed to be under the tank.

Also, my crown tank should be in today...will this have the same problem? Or is it just the STM 510 being a bit too long?

2. thexmanone

thexmanone Full Member

Dec 11, 2014
    ILL
    I have the same problem, (kanger tanks) but it still works so i don`t worry about it anymore. I did take mine apart and didn`t find anything wrong. Must be something to do with the tanks not sitting flush. But good ideal with that gasket, i will have to try that.

3. Paul lamb

Paul lamb Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    Yep

Kangertech tanks are a pain when it comes to connecting

I have both evics and my subtanks struggle to connect properly

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Metropolis Il.
    the Crown should sit flush, mine does anyway, I had a problem with the Starr too, I think the 510's are a bit longer on those.

5. Kandem

Sep 3, 2015
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Got the crown. Sits tight and flush. No gasket required. After breaking in the 0.5 dual coil.....oh my gosh the flavour is impressive and the clouds........man. Me likey the crown compared to the STM.

6. alexmot

alexmot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2015
    Louisiana, USA
    Ditto. All of my Kanger tanks (STM, PT2) require a spacer about the thickness of a business card to not "wobble" on the mod. Same for a friend of mine as well.

Don't have the issue with any other tanks (yet) aside from the Kangers. Similarly, don't have the issue with Kangers on other mods, either...

7. cool52

cool52 Full Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Portugal

Lots a people have that problem with Subtanks/Evic minis.

Some of them fixed it with : $7.39 Replacement POM Heat Insulation Gasket for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But a piece of plastic or rubber may do the job…

And the Fastech pieces are not exactly cheap.;)

8. Mursel

Mursel New Member

Nov 26, 2015
    Bangladesh
    using same setup for a month... didn't have any issues with connection.... my STM V2 sits tight and flush on Evic vtc mini

9. Kandem

Sep 3, 2015
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Turns out my twisted messes rda is also one with a longer 510 as I have to use the rubber gasket for that as well.

10. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    when ya'll say you are using a piece of plastic or metal gasket as a bumper, where exactly are you putting this piece? There is a great vid on Youtube that might be nice to watch as you're taking apart the Evic Mini. The guy takes it apart and might guide you through fiddling with it while avoiding hurting things, cutting wires, ripping wires, etc? Idk, just a suggestion. Be careful/ good luck, not to break the internals. Hope this issue is fixed!

11. JMarca

JMarca E-Cig Afficionado Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    New York
    Mine has a slight wobble from side to side as well, so far so good it's had it since day one and hasn't been a problem going on 3 months.

12. cj081283

cj081283 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2015
    Yup. I got wobble with my stm. It drove me crazy so I just put on my isub as a work rig.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

13. Kandem

Sep 3, 2015
    Nova Scotia Canada
    I can't post a pic as I'm at work, but i cut a 22mm circle out of some thin rubber I had laying around. Then I cut a small hole only big enough to allow the 510 to pass through. This gasket sits inbetween the stm base and the casing for the evic mini vt. I have already seen the video about taking it apart, but there's no need as my crown fits perfectly. If I choose to drip or use the stm, then I just use the gasket I made.

• Like Like x 1
  14. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is a common issue among fixed centerpin mods.
    The 510 interface itself is really a cigarette/cigalike sized interface.

15. vigga256

vigga256 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Does the rubber gasket not affect the venting area on top of the evic? Just wondering bc I just ordered the evic vtc setup AND a Kanger mini to go with it as I've not read good reviews on the ego tank that comes with it.

16. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The venting is not necessary for the STM. Only attys with bottom air feed would need the venting.

17. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    its sad to see people say they avoided the evic vtc kit due to bad reviews on the ego-one tank. its truly a great tank with a fantastic airflow control ring. sad to see, indeed. i use mine daily with no issues.

• Like Like x 1
  18. vigga256

vigga256 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I will no doubt try the ego one out as I'd like to form my own opinion on it and I did pay for it after all but got the Kanger mini as a back up, just in case. I do like the Kanger minis as I have them on two other mods so it can be used for anything really if need be. :)
    I hope I have good results with it as you do bc it does look nice together.

19. Canadian_Vaper

Canadian_Vaper Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada
    Kanger and Joyetech's don't fit together right..

20. vigga256

vigga256 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Yeah I've just tonight read that in this post. There's a little gap in between.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.