Evolv-ing Thread

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
For those that missed out or just want more. A DNA250C transplants with ease. At 3F.
View attachment 833331

They must of had a hard time selling these? They have been in-stock over @ legend the whole time. Usually they make a limited run & sell out, these have been lingering!
Mine (250c swapped) works excellent :) Just don't use it much :(

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
31153309-enjoying-the-best-coffee-in-town-attractive-young-woman-drinking-coffee-and-smiling-while-sitting-in.jpg

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
It depends on what you are buying. GB broke itself into a bunch of smaller stores. And it depends on the individual store to who they will ship to.

Here's a good example, I was looking for a decent 18650 flashlight. And in the flashlight reviews, the Convoy C8 kept coming up. A very inexpensive thrower flashlight that holds its own among the higher priced ones. Sounds good and both fasttech and Gearbest had the lowest prices.

fasttech said the emitter and driver was sold separately. What? Who would buy just the shell of the flashlight? Ok fine, where are the emitters and drivers? I couldn't find them. So nuts with this, bought one at GB. Got priority mail for 8¢ more. Within hours, GB shipped it out with a FedEx tracking number. And within minutes, FedEx was already tracking it. It's hard to complain about buying something from GB nowadays. :D

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Here's a good example, I was looking for a decent 18650 flashlight. And in the flashlight reviews, the Convoy C8 kept coming up. A very inexpensive thrower flashlight that holds its own among the higher priced ones. Sounds good and both Fasttech and Gearbest had the lowest prices.

Fasttech said the emitter and driver was sold separately. What? Who would buy just the shell of the flashlight? Ok fine, where are the emitters and drivers? I couldn't find them. So nuts with this, bought one at GB. Got priority mail for 8¢ more. Within hours, GB shipped it out with a FedEx tracking number. And within minutes, FedEx was already tracking it. It's hard to complain about buying something from GB nowadays. :D

Which model of the Convoy C8 did you go for?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
A while back I made an adapter for using one 18650 in my 3 D cell Mag-Lite, while it worked as it should but it was too light (for a club) and the capacity was way low. A 3500 mAh 18650 is about 13 watt hours and 3 Duracell alkaline D's are around 60 watt hours.
I recommend using protected cells but isn't necessary unless you forget to turn it off.
Here's one like mine. Small head, around 900 lumens, I use it daily around the house.
Ultrafire C1.jpg

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Any one got tips on what to use to neutralize and clean corrosion out of a flashlight from alkaline batteries that leaked? For automotive lead acid batteries we always used a solution of water and baking soda, works great. But I never found anything that works equally well on flashlight batteries. I'm sure there's a compound out there but I'm no chemist.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
My BB rabbit hole is most likely a lot less than some folks but a rabbit hole none the less. I am still searching for that drop in coil head that will satisfy me. Today I have some of these arriving, the one in the center.
Tritoncoilsallstyles.jpg

I think that I have spent more on coil heads in the last couple of weeks than I have spent on wire in the last 5 years.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have been using 3 cell Mag-Lites for more than 20 years and have had a few center or the most forward cell unexpectedly corrode and get stuck. I attribute this to the cell wrap wearing though due to vibration/movement and shorting. Generally only a dead battery will leak. I roll a sleeve from glossy magazine cover paper (right thickness) and line the inside wall with it.

Users who are viewing this thread