Evolv-ing Thread

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The tempered Ni200 is the only way to go

Even the tempered Ni, just is not as durable as Ti :( I have Ti coils that last for months! I can pull my wicks real tight with out any issues :) Only problem is you have to twist up your own Ti Claptons :(

If Ni80 is 80% Nickel why wouldn't it be able to do TC? I have these Ni80 Claptons I got on FT for Dirt cheep & the flavour is just outstanding! It's really too bad they aren't TC compadable :(

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I've thought about it differently. Rather than twisting the wick I'm going to try spinning the wire in the drill with one end anchored. That will add some temper to it and might make it significantly stiffer when wicking. I do, already, twist the rayon to get enough in but would happier still if the wire had more body to it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
gy7Q6bx.jpg

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    All this wire talk. I've been rocking a simple 26g Ti coil in my 'insider' for the BB. .26Ω and runs at about 20 watts in TC and because of it's lower heat capacity it'll survive a battery swap and tank refill. Getting about 2 refills on 1 battery charge. The wife stole my Pasito (which is still fantastic with rba and kanthal)

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    #WOW!! No emoji for that either dwcraig1. Like Holy S#!T. Must've been an angel around cuz no one has horseshoes that big!
    Ran from scene, gun in car, brandishes knife ....... and at the end of the day, he'll get some free lawyer who knows how to work the system and he'll be back on the streets.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2013
    NY

Wow, they had an angel looking out for them! They should lock this guy up for a longgg time, he's got history.
    Police: Phoenix Hit-And-Run Driver Tries To Stab Witness
    Police also found Oveso had three misdemeanor warrants and one felony warrant out for his arrest.

An intervening car saved the lives of 2 people nearly hit by a red light runner in Phoenix. It was all caught on video.
    Oveso and a woman in the car with him took off running after the accident, the police department said.
    Court documents show Oveso pulled out a knife and tried to stab the witness through the driver's window and missed. Then he stabbed the rear door on the driver's side.

Oveso was arrested on DUI and aggravated assault charges. Court documents show he already had a felony warrant and a misdemeanor warrant on record.
    In Oveso's car, police found a handgun on the floorboard of the driver's seat and a spent casing next to the driver's door. Court documents show Oveso has two felony convictions and is not allowed to own a gun.
    The woman with Oveso at the time of the crash was not located.

ERNESTO OTANEZ OVESO Inmate T450347: Maricopa County Jail near Phoenix, AZ

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    I've been rocking a simple 26g Ti coil in my 'insider' for the BB. .26Ω

Thats my go to setup for all my single coil atty's :) 5 wraps 3mm ID 26 gauge Ti ohms out between .24 &.26 I run a lot smaller coil in my BB (exocet) ohms out at about .18ish

@dwcraig1 Amazing video! Some ones LUCKY Day!

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Steamer861 I just wrap to get the spacing I like for the air pocket. It mighta been 4 or 5½ @3mm, and the 1st time I used the air reducer on it for a tighter draw. So after 4 days or so, NOT even a hint of fine particles anywhere, but the bottom of the chimney had a little pooling.
    I mix up material just depending, and don't find a taste difference in any. I sorta go through phases :) except for the BB

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    Last Friday night (7 days ago) I ordered 2 air disc sets for my Skylines from 2F. It said "24 Hour Shipping". Soon after my order said "Waiting for Shipping" until a few hours ago when I contacted them with the complaint and request cancel/refund. Soon after I get apology and tracking number. Certainly not what I ask for.
    A few minutes after I ordered the 2 sets from 2F I ordered a 3rd set from FT, it has landed in US already. I'm glad that it was something not overly important.

Users who are viewing this thread