Feb 23, 2010
9b6dc3fd6bd2782f1670731de01e94b3.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So how old is the desktop? And what are you going to do? Replace the motherboard or leave it?
I'd say about 2011, I plan to nurse it to it's end. I use to build them to sell and would usually build a new one for myself about every year but that stopped becoming profitable. I will most likely just get a board, processor and memory and continue to make use of the rest.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I am still lovin' these Geekvape Zeus X Mesh RTAs. Very smooth, great flavor, and consistent vape every time. They still stay bone dry on the outside and you can vape them until the tanks are totally bone dry. Since the wicking holds about a ml worth of juice alone. It is very hard for me to enjoy vaping with anything else anymore.

Those mesh strips are still going and going. All original except for one Ni80 mesh I overheated when dry burning (I use both Ni80 and KA1 mesh strips) and it ended up having a weird burnt metal taste to it. I got that taste before with SS316L wire. I am guessing that it has something to do with nickel. Just don't dry burn them too hot and they work fine (like 8 watts seems really safe for long periods without pulsing). That one I overheated would glow red even at 4 watts (even though the resistance stayed the same as fresh). Funny, vaping at 25 watts with that one vs. a fresh mesh is the same except for the burnt metal taste. If you inhale and exhale really fast you may not taste it. Also a fresh Ni80 mesh won't glow at 4 watts, but seems it will still get hot enough to burn the oils off. I still prefer Kanthal slightly over Nichrome.

Cotton works well with the Zeus, except I don't comb the ends anymore. Combing the ends out can remove some of the wicking under the mesh and you want that pretty tight to avoid mesh dry hits. I just thin the ends with scissors instead (about 15%). Rayon also works really well except with rayon it has to be super tight (at least double the tightness of cotton). It seems easier to just unclamp one end of the mesh and feed it through that way and then mash the mesh down to clamp it. Not necessary when using cotton.

I rather vape on these Zeus X Mesh than any of my RDAs. While many RTAs use a deck similar to many RDAs, I think what ruins it is most tanks the juice is getting hot from touching the chamber. Which in turn is heating up the juice before it gets vaped (which destroys the flavor). With a RDA, nice cool juice dripped on the coils is just so tasty and I love it (you can drip with many RTA tanks too)! But with the Zeus X, you have that nice air gap between the chamber and the tank (top air flow). Which keeps the juice cool (protecting the flavor) until it reaches the mesh and then gets vaporized. Thus you get a RDA like vape but with a tank instead. At least that is the way it seems to me and I love it! :D

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
All original except for one Ni80 mesh I overheated when dry burning (I use both Ni80 and KA1 mesh strips) and it ended up having a weird burnt metal taste to it.

I had the same experience with the Ni80 strip! I was getting the burnt taste, I couldn't seem to know why? The wick looked fine, I changed the wick a few times & still the burnt taste :( I switched to the kanthol strip & it works fine now :)

The biggest pro I'm finding with Mesh is battery life is much better than with a Clapton coil :)
The top air flow is pretty much leak proof :) I also got a Kylin M, it works quite well also :)

Users who are viewing this thread