Evolv-ing Thread

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Now take a screwdriver and move some wick away from that mesh so it isn't touching and see if TC kicks in after a few vapes... You only need a small bit of exposed mesh to create a nasty dry hit, and I don't think TC would correct that, it couldn't IMHO.

Well, I don't think I want that Massive Dry Hit on purpose :) I'l take your word for it :thumb:
I have learned fast that the wick needs to be Really Tight against the Mesh :) I'm just real happy to know now that if I'm not paying attention & my tank runs dry I will not be subjected to a Dry Hit :thumb:
I have noticed subtle sings when my wicks are about done! A certain slight harshness comes on & it's time for a new wick :) I have also noticed, when this happens the wick has deteriorated to the point it is becoming loose under the mesh.
2 more Mesh Decks showed up today! Ordered late November :(
I'l be running these in my Plus V2's on the ERM Plus's :thumb: In TC of coarse (SS316/L) :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well, I don't think I want that Massive Dry Hit on purpose :) I'l take your word for it :thumb:
I have learned fast that the wick needs to be Really Tight against the Mesh :) I'm just real happy to know now that if I'm not paying attention & my tank runs dry I will not be subjected to a Dry Hit :thumb:
I have noticed subtle sings when my wicks are about done! A certain slight harshness comes on & it's time for a new wick :) I have also noticed, when this happens the wick has deteriorated to the point it is becoming loose under the mesh.
2 more Mesh Decks showed up today! Ordered late November :(
I'l be running these in my Plus V2's on the ERM Plus's :thumb: In TC of coarse (SS316/L) :)
I wouldn't wish one of those dry hits on my worst enemy. It's great to know that as long as the wicking is on point, TC does it's job to a tee. I've stepped away from mesh as a coil and only use it as a wick when I have the desire to fire up one of my gennys.

Now that I've basically gone back to MTL with the KFV4, I should dig out the Sat22 for a run. :vapor:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I to have been partaking in a little MTL :) I set up my 2019 & my Prime with a higher than usual nic count (Salts) I'm finding I can get by with a lot less juice & battery life, while still getting my nic fix :)
I'm running them on my Mosfet Mods, It's nice to carry around a small tube some times :thumb:

WEdGJuu.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I have a 24mm SXK 2019 lite arriving in a few days.

Very nice MTL atty! Simple! Only thing with the 2019 is the Plastic AFC screw :( Mine was leaking at first, I wrapped it in T Tape & it's been fine for a long time now!
I ordered the new one SKU 9735545 It is also a 24mm :) Tracking says left Origin Country, So could be here when Ever! :lol:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have this over whelming desire to remove the 510 on my Dovpo College SBS to see if they used a ground wire from it to the board or just used case ground. I started to remove it's screws but I'm at work and concerned with maybe dropping those tiny screws. At home I would have better luck finding them. I really suspect it's not going to have a ground wire.

Edit: I have changed my mind, it's more like the board is getting it's ground via the 510. I doubt if the board is mounted with screws or connected to battery ground any other way. The 510 has a black coating, I need to check to make sure that it has adequate ground I guess.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Well I pulled that 510 up on my College. Seems I was only right about 1 out of 3 things. What I had correct was that the board wasn't mounted with screws. The battery negative is soldered on to the battery tube and the 510 uses a ground wire.
Kind of interesting is the 510 sits on a rubber gasket. I would like to have seen fatter wires on that 510 but the aren't all that long.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Well................I received my SXK 2019 KF 24mm. While I did research it some I had no grasp of just how small the build deck is. I thought is was about the same as a K5 but it's closer to K2.1. Excellent machining, clean, ect. I'm disappointed but my own fault. I guess I'll put a build in it and see whatever.

Edit: Other than being more restricted than I like it works quite well. Should be a big hit with the MTL folks, I suppose it already is.
I bought the longer mode tank for it BTW,

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The 2019 is strictly MTL, even if you try to open the afc all the way it's still tight.
The only K-F's that were Restricted Direct lung hitters are the 5 & 5.2 & the K-F purists hated them!
Keep an eye on the plastic AFC in the 510, It could leak right down into your mod!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
The 2019 is strictly MTL, even if you try to open the afc all the way it's still tight.
The only K-F's that were Restricted Direct lung hitters are the 5 & 5.2 & the K-F purists hated them!
Keep an eye on the plastic AFC in the 510, It could leak right down into your mod!
My adjustment screw is stainless steel. I have Teflon tape if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread