Evolv-ing Thread

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
drain2.jpg

Hey, that water is spinning the wrong direction.:D
Any of you seen a toilet flush at the Equator? What does it do, just drop straight down with no swirling?

• Love
Reactions: tiburonfirst

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The Coriolis effect is very small and only shows up in large scale ie large weather or ocean patterns. Which way water drains in a tub, sink, or toilet is due to the cistern design, local forces, or flip of a coin.
Yes I heard this too. Strange thing is I only seen a sink/toilet spin CCW in the Northern Hemisphere and CW in the Southern Hemisphere. I've even taken my hand to a sink and spin the water in the opposite direction and it slows down and then reverses.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The Shenray GT4 and the Ulton GT4 appear to be the same and all parts interchange with the authentic.

Ok so, just to go back to this for a second. The "Shenray" from 3F, the first one available, & the Ulton from 2F are the same glass tank section?
I was able to cancel the glass from FT "SRG" & ordered the Ulton spare glass from 2F.

Also while i was there i noticed these Vapor Storm Pre-Made Coil NI80 High Density Four-Core Fused Clapton Coils (28GA*4+40GA)/ 0.2ohm /10pcs
All most identical to the FT one's that are out of stock :) Only difference is 40 gauge outer wrap & not 38 gauge, Plus .2 instead of .19 :)

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Yes I heard this too. Strange thing is I only seen a sink/toilet spin CCW in the Northern Hemisphere and CW in the Southern Hemisphere. I've even taken my hand to a sink and spin the water in the opposite direction and it slows down and then reverses.

I 100% agree, including trying to make it spin cw in the northern hemisphere. Does that make us curious or just weird Bill? :lol:

Reactions: tiburonfirst

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Excuse the flashlight lighting, we are without power right now.
Looks like CCW to me. Say why are you without power? I get upset when it goes out for a few minutes once every 5 years. Although in June of this year, it quit three times and out for like 7 hours each time. I'm now shopping for gas generators. After I buy one of course the power will be solid as a rock for the rest of my life. :lol:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
yup! :D
and hearing the thing start itself every monday morning still startles the heck out of me 6 months later ;)
Ours does that too & it's mounted right next to the ac unit on the side of our bedroom bc it has to be connected to the gas line. I had to ok it with my neighbors of when I could schedule it to turn on once a week & they fought with me the whole time getting it installed, she even went as far as having her husband go down & give the plumber false information trying to get him to stop, but I bet they were super jealous that time with the heavy wind where the power kept going out. Just to be difficult she will once in a while have me reschedule it for no particular reason, by writing the condo association rather than just speaking to me like, you know a normal human being.

She's pretty nuts though, she's retired, her kids don't speak to her & she's not got much to do... She's also the "manager" (so she says) of our block & a lot of the people here have had it worse from her than I've had. But we're right under her & I think when we moved in she got excited for a new victim.

I 100% agree, including trying to make it spin cw in the northern hemisphere. Does that make us curious or just weird Bill? [emoji38]

I've read that it's a misnomer also but when I was a kid I did this science project where I had to call my uncle in Okinawa & every time it'd be ccw

So I drained down both batteries again, charged them & after leaving them for the night, one is at 4.16, the other is at 4.14... Is that OK? I'm charging up two more now to compare against as well.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Who had the wire that they didn't know what kind it was? I just watched Jai Haze video about KP wire. I'm not a big fan of Haze (way too much drama for me). But when I'm digging in the bottom of the barrel for a review of something and he is the only one, well okay I'll watch. :lol:

Anyway he had a problem with buying Kanthal from KP. And he believed some (seems like about 50%) Kanthal from KP seemed to be Ni80. He did resistance tests and magnetic tests. Time jump, KP fixed it. Anyway Haze stated that Kanthal and Ni200 are magnetic and Ni80 and SS are not. I knew Kanthal was magnetic (do to its iron core), but I wasn't sure that nickel was. Nor did I know Ni80 was not.

Well I checked all of my wire stock and it is true. Kanthal and Ni200 are magnetic and Ni80 and SS are not. I don't have any Titanium, but I would guess it isn't magnetic either. Anybody know for sure?

Reactions: SlickWilly

Users who are viewing this thread