Evolv-ing Thread

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I saw that conversion pin and it's not in stock. The B&Ms around here are kind of, shall we say, on the "seedy" side and don't have much in the way of more sophisticated supplies but maybe I'll give it a try. I've had problems with the Tsunami as a dripper too, puddles still happen but not too often any more. Got to count the drops carefully and check the wicks before dripping to gauge the amount which does make it kind of a PITA.

I use heat perception to determine if it's time to drip. As the wick begins to dry out the temp goes up quicker and higher. Something you get the hang of after a while, by necessity.
You're right about the Tsunami and any other bottom airflow rda, easy to overfill. Counting drops and dripping them dead center of the drip tip helps with any rda. Depending on how tall the Tsunami squonk pin is designed (high or low on the deck) it could give you trouble or not.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I use heat perception to determine if it's time to drip. As the wick begins to dry out the temp goes up quicker and higher. Something you get the hang of after a while, by necessity.
Indeed, we do get the hang of it. And for TC users, it happens differently and you get the hang of this too. As with TC the quantity of vapor and flavor starts to drop off, but the vape never gets hotter (very interesting). If you are a slow learner, some mods will show no e-liquid on the screen at some point. :lol:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Any android tablet gurus out there? I would like to text and call from my tablet using MY cell number but it seems every app I've found requires me to select a new number from a list. That works but none of my contacts will recognize the new number. Att has a service called numbersinc that would work but my tablet is not supported. Any ideas?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I would like to text and call from my tablet using MY cell number but it seems every app I've found requires me to select a new number from a list.
You want to use the same number that your cellphone is currently using and text and call from it too? Ouch, if so. Heck hackers would love that idea. No that isn't allowed and many safe guards are in place to prevent someone from actually doing this. But having a totally different number that nobody is using is just fine.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Although cigatron, there are two options available that might do what you want.
  1. If your cellphone has a SIM card and your tablet does too, you can move it back and forth. I do this all of the time.
  2. You can use Bluetooth to communicate to your cellphone and make calls and text from your tablet. It should be doable with WiFi instead of Bluetooth, but I haven't seen any yet. Most common use for this is smart watches and some automobile's audio systems. But tablets can be used too.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You're right about the Tsunami and any other bottom airflow rda, easy to overfill. Counting drops and dripping them dead center of the drip tip helps with any rda. Depending on how tall the Tsunami squonk pin is designed (high or low on the deck) it could give you trouble or not.
The BF pin on the Tsunami sticks out a quite a few mm above the deck (picture the Peerless BF Pin), so if your wicks are too close, it will quite nicely flow straight across and out the airflow tubes. I never bothered cutting the pin off flush with the deck and it probably should be.

Speaking of Peerless...
Been loving those coils! :thumbs:
Peerless.jpg

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
OMG! I think I'd rather be paying the ServPro Guys!
How far north could you possibly Be? I'm in Canada & it was 10 celsius here today :)
It was snowing in Wet Virginia the other day.

artv61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
SC,USA
Any android tablet gurus out there? I would like to text and call from my tablet using MY cell number but it seems every app I've found requires me to select a new number from a list. That works but none of my contacts will recognize the new number. Att has a service called numbersinc that would work but my tablet is not supported. Any ideas?
Mighty text will do the text part and google voice can forward phone to google voice number and i am not sure about calling through tablet unless you try hangouts

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
OMG! I think I'd rather be paying the ServPro Guys!
How far north could you possibly Be? I'm in Canada & it was 10 celsius here today :)
Just the northern end of Wisconsin. I guess it should be making it to your way soon. Although it looks like is might be dead by the time it gets to you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread