Evolv-ing Thread

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I think many are planning on turning them into (eeeeeek) Squonkers!
Jx1M34m.jpg

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I wonder if things have returned to some semblance of normality for Tibs and Mike.
yes if i ignore those downed pines by the garages and in the woods. waiting on nationwide but was told some of their catastrophic team are still working florence claims in nc. schools are supposed to open again tomorrow so vdot must have made headway with all those washed out county roads. preliminary repairs have been made to polecat creek bridge (the pic i posted) and is open to traffic again since yesterday.
the businesses in the pic below have started their clean-up :(

43736353_10156059840707428_7347324373432270848_o.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
That is a great shot of the flooding, I have no words for that, it looks awful.

yes if i ignore those downed pines by the garages and in the woods. waiting on nationwide but was told some of their catastrophic team are still working florence claims in nc. schools are supposed to open again tomorrow so vdot must have made headway with all those washed out county roads. preliminary repairs have been made to polecat creek bridge (the pic i posted) and is open to traffic again since yesterday.
the businesses in the pic below have started their clean-up :(

43736353_10156059840707428_7347324373432270848_o.jpg

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
That is a great shot of the flooding, I have no words for that, it looks awful.
it is awful and for more than one reason. this intersection is of 2 major highways out of town - 58 east and west, 501 south and north. look closely and you can see burgerking and mcdonald's unscathed by the flood waters. the same holds true for the opposite corners - hardee's and sheetz. those properties were built up enough to stay dry and, since no dirt can be brought into a flood zone, it was taken from other properties in that zone either bought or paid for dearly by those companies. doesn't take a genius to figure out the end results :(

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Amazing, I looked at it full size, those burger joints will up, running and making a fortune quickly. I ave no idea what that may have cost but it will soon be paid for. Best to you!

it is awful and for more than one reason. this intersection is of 2 major highways out of town - 58 east and west, 501 south and north. look closely and you can see burgerking and mcdonald's unscathed by the flood waters. the same holds true for the opposite corners - hardee's and sheetz. those properties were built up enough to stay dry and, since no dirt can be brought into a flood zone, it was taken from other properties in that zone either bought or paid for dearly by those companies. doesn't take a genius to figure out the end results :(

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I put a new Fullymax 900 in my ERM when I put the board in. The old one looked pretty good but was showing slight puffing on one side. I'm charging the mod now from storage level at 2 amps, I'm noticing it's charging without becoming as warm. I can barely notice that it's a bit warm.

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Yeah, I can see "free shipping" seen at a lot of places becoming a thing of the past soon. I heard on the radio a couple days ago they are jacking the prices, "IF" I heard it right I think they said the cost of mailing a letter was going up to .70 cents?? Wish there was buffered rewind, playback for car radio's, so many times I hear something and wonder if I heard that right.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I think I saw something about a new, high speed, video camera. Keep in mind that we watch TV at multiples of 60 frames per second, 60, 120, 240, for example. I record my surveillance cameras at 10 frames per second to preserve disk space, 10 two megapixel cameras occupy about 3 terabytes of disk per week. This new camera, designed to capture photons in a beam of light, does 3 teraframes per second. I don't know what the resolution is, but it's got to take some horrendous amount of disk space and a super fast network to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread